British Speedway Forum
poolebolton

Is the league stronger in 2018?

I think the league is stronger this year than last year. If you look at the riders that are now in most teams they are better across the board apart from Rye House(I really don't like what there doing with that club).

But across the bored the league looks much better. With Poole, Leicester, Somerset all being better. A most other teams not actually getting worse. If you look at the bottom ends of most teams they are much stronger than last year. 

Just seeing what people think though. Comment below. 

No, been watered down yet again. Only one rider of 8 and over proves the point and does it no favors imo ...

• Like 4

Stronger? Really? That's the best laugh I've had in a while :rofl::rofl::rofl: 

Poole on the other hand - with their 3 ringers.... That's a different story.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I expected the worse as always, the 1 over 8 rule isn' ideal but it meant a stronger 1-7 in reality for some teams. It' more a level playing field now

• Like 2

Stronger for me. If you compare teams from the start of last season to this season most sides are stronger. It will be even more so if some of the Poles transfer their Polish form here. 

Edited by Woz01

the league is not stronger just some teams from last season are i think

Edited by ray c

The same. In terms of top riders we lost Lindgren and Bjerre and gained NKI and Vaculik.

Belle Vue - Weaker

Kings Lynn - Roughly the same

Leicester - Stronger

Poole - Stronger

Rye House - The same

Somerset - Stronger

Swindon - Weaker

Wolves - Weaker

All three teams affected by the one over 8 rule are now weaker, two teams have strongly benefitted from it, two should have benefitted but dont look great on paper (not to write them off) and one is stronger by some shrewd numbers.

8 minutes ago, Aces High said:

The same. In terms of top riders we lost Lindgren and Bjerre and gained NKI and Vaculik.

Belle Vue - Weaker

Kings Lynn - Roughly the same

Leicester - Stronger

Poole - Stronger

Rye House - The same

Somerset - Stronger

Swindon - Weaker

Wolves - Weaker

All three teams affected by the one over 8 rule are now weaker, two teams have strongly benefitted from it, two should have benefitted but dont look great on paper (not to write them off) and one is stronger by some shrewd numbers.

Spot on. It's about the same over all.

The weaker clubs have gained and the top 3 clubs have dipped due to being over the limit and losing an 8 point rider.

The one-over-8 rule was completely uneccesary, as proved by NKI and Vaculik coming in. There was no need to lose Lindgren and Bjerre. The low teams basically voted for themselves to be better at the expense of the top clubs. Unfair.

People say it was because of cost, but Vacuik and NKI coming in show no sign of cost cutting. Somerset have signed the World Champion, so presumably could have signed anyone they wanted at number one. So why force Swindon to lose someone? Rye House indicated they wanted a GP rider, even if they never signed one, so cost couldn't have been an issue there.

The points limit could have been higher this year, with the new riders coming in. A wasted opportunity to improve the strength of the league.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's definitely wrong that Freddie and I guess Bjerre haven't got a ride as riders who have always ridden here....

• Like 3

Belle Vue lost K Bjerre 

and couldn't fit Zagar in ,  definitely weaker 

Stronger, weaker.. Who cares...you choose to go or not.. 

I'm sure there is some statistical nerd on here that could work it out.

Edited by Baldyman

Bjerre and Lindgren out,  Vaculik in. Yet some will argue it's stronger!!!-_-