British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
a4poster

Cardiff GP Tickets.

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Ring them up and give them some stick- i’m sure you can get it sorted with a phone call

There are lifts on the back straight, not sure about first bend. I'd ring them, but whatever they do I'd advise informing a steward ASAP ( especially if the disability isn't immediately visible) when you arrive outside the stadium. I've always found them extremely helpful.

Re disability access - Wife and I have sat in the concessions (high up) on the third bend 3 years running. Different access points, but there has always been a lift somewhere near.

Plenty of stewards on hand and sure they will be pleased to help.  Last time we went (2015) security was tighter then previous yars, there were tables for looking in bags etc, that would be a good point to seek assistance.

Hope you enjoy the racing wherever you end up.

6 hours ago, Star Lady said:

There are lifts on the back straight, not sure about first bend. I'd ring them, but whatever they do I'd advise informing a steward ASAP ( especially if the disability isn't immediately visible) when you arrive outside the stadium. I've always found them extremely helpful.

There are lifts scattered along the two sides but none on the bends, although it wouldn't be far from wherever you are, and the stewards are excellent.

I had a one night stand with the steward in our block in 2004 and without being too crass, i'm still mates with her, so any specifics needed i'm sure she would help i'm sure.

She's old bill now but still works at the stadium for certain events there as they pay well so if you have any issues, drop me a line and i'll see if she can help.

7 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

There are lifts scattered along the two sides but none on the bends, although it wouldn't be far from wherever you are, and the stewards are excellent.

I had a one night stand with the steward in our block in 2004 and without being too crass, i'm still mates with her, so any specifics needed i'm sure she would help i'm sure.

She's old bill now but still works at the stadium for certain events there as they pay well so if you have any issues, drop me a line and i'll see if she can help.

of course you did, was her name Palmela Handerson?

Edited by Trackrat

6 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

of course you did, was her name Pamela Handerson?

No her name was Paula.  Next question ?

Btw, why have you turned off your private messages ? Scared to engage ?

Edited by The Doctor...
For some idiot.

Stop chatting me up, I'm not having a one night stand with you.

Edited by Trackrat

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

Stop chatting me up, I'm not having a one night stand with you.

Saving your best stuff stuff for the girl on twitter eh ?

To be fair, you might have saved your a-game for the missus before she jumped ship i guess.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Saving your best stuff stuff for the girl on twitter eh ?

To be fair, you might have saved your a-game for the missus before she jumped ship i guess.

Think you've got me mixed up with someone else Monsieur Poirot.

It'll be my first time in Cardiff in two weeks, any advice regarding the ticket? What sits are the best value for money?

Not received my tickets yet, but was wondering if we know if it will be the same access as last year. I get it is for security purposes, but on major events like these more staff would be a better option, rather than the chaos that happened last year. 

4 hours ago, tarkens said:

It'll be my first time in Cardiff in two weeks, any advice regarding the ticket? What sits are the best value for money?

You'll love it.  Sit anywhere apart from the lower tier.

1 hour ago, sportsnut said:

Not received my tickets yet, but was wondering if we know if it will be the same access as last year. I get it is for security purposes, but on major events like these more staff would be a better option, rather than the chaos that happened last year. 

I went to see Ed Sheeran last month in Cardiff and the security was nothing like the GP last year, took about 5/10 minutes

Guest GiveusaB
12 minutes ago, james1234 said:

I went to see Ed Sheeran last month in Cardiff and the security was nothing like the GP last year, took about 5/10 minutes

I think tensions were higher last year due to the atrocity in Manchester?