British Speedway Forum
SCB

Hypocritical speedway fans

20 minutes ago, SCB said:

And now celebrating the BSPA changing the rules in February, 3 months after the AGM, to allow Scott Nicholls to drop down when Lakeside were told (correctly) he rules didn’t allow Scott or Ed Kennett to drop down.

Why do Speedway fans have such little integrity? It’s like the sport being a shambles is what most deserve. They’ll be wondering next week why nobody takes the sport serious.

Integrity is not trying to implement 'rules' that are unlawful. Lakeside could have challenged it but didn't, and that was their choice. The BSPA are clearly not fit to run a bath let alone a sport, they obviously think employment laws don't apply to them...

It really is just 4 men 4 laps if you fancy a night out go along.It cannot be taken as a serious sport in UK. IMO .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

It really is just 4 men 4 laps if you fancy a night out go along.It cannot be taken as a serious sport in UK. IMO .

And ain't that the truth!

I went along once last season on the spur of the moment after several years away to watch a match. I'd had long enough out to not know who rode for which team or, indeed for how many teams and fairly enjoyed it. It was a little disjointed but, having followed the sport around the world, I accepted that as part and parcel under the circumstances and I was happy enough to give it another go. On the selected day I did check the old interweb for team news and guess what - the visitors 'team' was going to comprise of five guests and rider replacement.

How the hell can that be taken seriously?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Barney Rabbit said:

I went along once last season on the spur of the moment after several years away to watch a match. I'd had long enough out to not know who rode for which team or, indeed for how many teams and fairly enjoyed it. It was a little disjointed but, having followed the sport around the world, I accepted that as part and parcel under the circumstances and I was happy enough to give it another go. On the selected day I did check the old interweb for team news and guess what - the visitors 'team' was going to comprise of five guests and rider replacement.

Some Middleton Cup and Liberty Trophy matches are much more exciting!

12 hours ago, Barney Rabbit said:

I went to the notorious Leicester-King's Lynn meeting last season and while it escapes just how many guests were riding - a lot - the car park attendant told me that the speedway had been cancelled and there was a circus instead.

The odd thing was that it was - thanks largely to Dan Bewley - a highly entertaining meeting.

17 hours ago, SCB said:

And now celebrating the BSPA changing the rules in February, 3 months after the AGM, to allow Scott Nicholls to drop down when Lakeside were told (correctly) he rules didn’t allow Scott or Ed Kennett to drop down.

Why do Speedway fans have such little integrity? It’s like the sport being a shambles is what most deserve. They’ll be wondering next week why nobody takes the sport serious.

YOU cannot c change a rule that was never a rule. 

THE SCB told the BSPA months ago that the "proposed" rule as written was not acceptable and would be open to a legal challenge that would most likely succeed.

9 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THE SCB told the BSPA months ago that the "proposed" rule as written was not acceptable and would be open to a legal challenge that would most likely succeed.

What actually was the proposed new rule and why was it considered unacceptable?

Does the SCB not have similar concerns about many other rules which could be considered restriction of trade and/or discrimination?

8 minutes ago, MattK said:

Does the SCB not have similar concerns about many other rules which could be considered restriction of trade and/or discrimination?

I don't know if there will be, mate.      As I see it, and presuming UK law marches with Australian law, your BSPA is a "club" and as such can make private rules if agreed by members.  Like golf clubs choosing not to accept women and stuff like that. 

1 hour ago, Uluru said:

I don't know if there will be, mate.      As I see it, and presuming UK law marches with Australian law, your BSPA is a "club" and as such can make private rules if agreed by members.  Like golf clubs choosing not to accept women and stuff like that. 

It's a bit different though because they are actually employers of contracted workers.  With private members clubs you mostly pay to join.

On 2/25/2018 at 10:18 PM, Fromafar said:

And now those 4 men have joined by a young woman who I hope will score some points and get enough experience to fulfil her dreams ( and be joined by more like her). Good luck to you Steph Whitlock.

23 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

So a committee of basically made up of the same people, took off one hat and put another hat on,  then, whilst wearing their second hat, they altered the decision that they made whilst wearing their original hat, thereby passing it back to themselves, for when they are wearing their original hat again, to deal with. And people wonder what the hell is going on...???

On 26/02/2018 at 12:24 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

Such a shame. Before long, now, we will probably have two leagues of equal strength  - totally defeating the object of having two leagues.

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

So a committee of basically made up of the same people, took off one hat and put another hat on,  then, whilst wearing their second hat, they altered the decision that they made whilst wearing their original hat, thereby passing it back to themselves, for when they are wearing their original hat again, to deal with. And people wonder what the hell is going on...???

BUT its not the same people