British Speedway Forum
SCB

Hypocritical speedway fans

7 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

AS a matter off interest, if you took all the doubling up riders out of their CL teams, who would you replace them with?

NL riders

besides if it was done gradually over 2 or 3 years it would be managed better

2 minutes ago, ch958 said:

NL riders

besides if it was done gradually over 2 or 3 years it would be managed better

This is what I don't get with speedway fans, they just don't make sense - All I keep reading is how the product has been watered down so much and now we have people claiming they want the likes of Morris, Nicholls, Lawson, Harris, Worrall etc stopped from doubling up and replaced with National league riders. It's like banging your head against a brick wall!

thats because you're equating name riders with good racing. As a lifelong 2nd tier fan i prefer 2nd div riders and racing. And they'd be doubling down not up.

Not everyone feels like me or you and thats fine, is just opinions

Edited by ch958
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BUT its not the same people

So who is on the SCB committee? When I enquired I was told it was basically a mix of mainly speedway promoters and a few referees thrown in for good measure. So if the speedway promoters are there, and speedway promoters are in the BSPA, barring a minority influence of the referees, what's the big difference?

AND if there is a big difference, and the promoters aren't involved in the SCB, then isn't this the answer to so many people's dreams of an "Independent Body" to run the sport?

20 hours ago, ch958 said:

thats because you're equating name riders with good racing. As a lifelong 2nd tier fan i prefer 2nd div riders and racing. And they'd be doubling down not up.

Not everyone feels like me or you and thats fine, is just opinions

I've followed Somerset from the Conference League, into the Premier League and now into the Premiership. The Conference League was by far the worst standard of racing and entertainment.

20 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I've followed Somerset from the Conference League, into the Premier League and now into the Premiership. The Conference League was by far the worst standard of racing and entertainment.

I don't actually agree the Conference league meetings i have seen over the years have been pretty good overall.Now i  would say the level is getting higher and higher giving the likes of  Kemp/Edwards, Flint there first step on the ladder.

Edited by Sidney the robin

4 hours ago, Najjer said:

i saw the second ever meeting at Somerset and i thought it was terrific and i think the second division would be reinvigorated by an influx of 3rd div riders and the moving on of riders like Barker, Lawson, etc etc to the top division. They can double up of course - in Denmark, Sweden, Germany or Poland.

5 hours ago, uk_martin said:

So who is on the SCB committee? When I enquired I was told it was basically a mix of mainly speedway promoters and a few referees thrown in for good measure. So if the speedway promoters are there, and speedway promoters are in the BSPA, barring a minority influence of the referees, what's the big difference?

AND if there is a big difference, and the promoters aren't involved in the SCB, then isn't this the answer to so many people's dreams of an "Independent Body" to run the sport?

Taken from a website......

The Bureau consists of 4 nominated Members, two representing the ACU are Tony Steele and Graham Reeve (ACU Members) whilst Alex Harkess (BSPA President) and Gordon Pairman (BSPA Promoter) represent the British Speedway Promoters Association under the independent Chairmanship of Tony Gillias (a former Rider with Coventry & Scunthorpe).

Now thinking about it the decision was made by the BSPA,but was it 100%?If it wasn't,then it is of course possible that one or maybe both of the promoters were against it in the first place.But obviously they are in the minority,so even if both were for the decision,then there is the chance they could be outvoted,which is a 'big difference'

Edited by iris123