British Speedway Forum

In the light of F1 to dispense with "Grid girls", can we expect SGP to abandon our lovely "Umbrella girls" on the starting grid? Or can we justify it by saying that riders need to know their gate position?

• Like 1

Do we really have to justify having the grid girls in Speedway. They are popular, a vast majority of the fans want to see them, so who on earth could forbid us having grid girls in Speedway?

BTW who cares what F1 does !

I'm one of the 50% of the human race who has now been disqualified from comment on this subject. In fact, demonised. But hey ho. As we aren't allowed to comment without fear of retribution chaps, let's hear what the female members of the forum have to say about grid girls. Seriously, I'm interested to know if they are despised or secretly admired. Just asking.

As I've already said FD as long as girls are not forced or coerced in any way, good luck to them earning a living as grid/umbrella girls. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yougov shows that there is lukewarm support for this  - 41 to 35 with 24% don't know.

However when you look up the detail it is clear that support is strongest amongst the young, women and Londoners.

That leads me to suspect that there would be a majority in favour of their retention among speedway fans given the demographics.

There are things I feel strongly about, but this just isn't one of them.

Edited by arnieg

11 hours ago, Star Lady said:

As I've already said FD as long as girls are not forced or coerced in any way, good luck to them earning a living as grid/umbrella girls. 

I doubt that F1 girls were coerced in any way and probably made more money than SGP so why did they feel the need to do away with them? The world has gone mad after Weinstein.

• Like 1

Surely irrelevant what people in England or London think?This is the GP section and not the British League section.It will be more down to what sponsor Monster think and how they think their customers will react.If Monster think it will have some detrimental effect on their business around the world to be associated with Monster girls,then they will be dropped double quick.I also am not really fussed either way,but the monster girls are probably the or some of the best.It is the shabby look of some others in league speedway.Holsted springs to mind.And I am not sure just what they are supposed to bring to the whole package

The girls that do the job do it without pressure and it's their own choice.    Do'gooders telling others they are offended.  Tell them to clear off.

• Like 3

Who cares really . Do we want to watch the racing or a start girl wiggling her arse in front of the tapes ? Apart from the odd cameraman who tries to get as close their arses as possible , they are a bit of an irrelevance .

Yes they are easy on the eye , but I wouldn't lose any sleep if they weren't there . 

• Like 3

mix em up. 1 girl, 1 boy, couple transvestites. Everybody's happy.:unsure:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, pugwash said:

mix em up. 1 girl, 1 boy, couple transvestites. Everybody's happy.:unsure:

and don't forget black and white.

All the access points will have to be modified to suit the disabled tape persons, the shale will have to be removed to prevent a slip trip hazard too.

On 07/02/2018 at 11:18 AM, Tsunami said:

and don't forget black and white.

Seriously this is ridiculous in a variety of sports.    No one is forced to do there job as a ring girl, walk on darts girl or umbrella girl.    If a lady wishes to do the job then why not let them earn some money.  

A couple of people who are offended, its probably no more than that, should be told to clear off and find offence elsewhere.     Its getting to a time where no one can say anything about any subject in case it causes offence.  

• Like 4

In a more sensible world people would be offended by the grotesque sugar content of the drinks being 'pushed' to kids.

Rather than the young women who choose to parade around in their panties for a living harming no one.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Grand Central said:

In a more sensible world people would be offended by the grotesque sugar content of the drinks being 'pushed' to kids.

That is a monster-ous suggestion!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1