British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
22A

Bye bye Gate girls?

48 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Absolutely rediculous whats wrong with adding a bit of glamour to the procedings, political correctness gone mad, what is the world coming to..

They'll be wanting the vote next.

21 minutes ago, dave69 said:

And being allowed to drive. 

38 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

And being allowed to drive. 

Oh NO. But who will do the reversing.?

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I am sure my eyes did not deceive me but wasn't there dancing girls on the stage at the Premier League Darts on tv last night so make your mind up. You either have them or not but for the girls, it is a paid job.

So is prostitution!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dave69 said:

Yeh.. this country has gone political correctness  mad.

Edited by Starman2006

On todays  St. Petersburg ladies tennis semi final Petra Kvitova and Julia Goerges were led on court by 6 ladies in bright red tennis outfits and looked very fetching. So if you ban them you would also have to ban the players as they were wearing similar outfits I wonder what the politically correct people would say about this

• Like 1

Swimming,diving,gymnastics,beach volleyball all in boiler suits.Tennis and hockey in long trousers.Full body beachware high neck lines skirts to the ankle etc.How far is it going to go it seems that some politically correct people will not be happy until we go back to Victorian times.

If most of the population do not have a problem with something then leave it be.If the odd few over the top head case's have a problem with something then let them get over it and let the rest of us get on with life blissfully not thinking there is any problem.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, B.V 72 said:

Swimming,diving,gymnastics,beach volleyball all in boiler suits.Tennis and hockey in long trousers.Full body beachware high neck lines skirts to the ankle etc.How far is it going to go it seems that some politically correct people will not be happy until we go back to Victorian times.

If most of the population do not have a problem with something then leave it be.If the odd few over the top head case's have a problem with something then let them get over it and let the rest of us get on with life blissfully not thinking there is any problem.

I agree. So long as the women involved are happy to do the work. Personally, I don't care whether we have them or not. They now only appear at the NSS for shared BSPA events and I can't say that I think the presentation or entertainment level has suffered but that is my opinion and I wouldn't dream of imposing my opinion on others who think otherwise. I have never come across a female supporter who has ever said they feel strongly and are offended by the start line girls nor have I come across anybody who has given it as a reason not to attend any of the sports where they or, their equivalent, appear. In the present climate  too many seem to be afraid of offending the snowflakes who believe they know what is right and best for the rest of us.

• Like 3

Maybe the girls should be allowed to carry on but dress them like Emily Pankhurst....?

Phwoooooaaaarrrrrrrr.....

etc etc etc.....:rolleyes::D

43 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Maybe the girls should be allowed to carry on but dress them like Emily Pankhurst....?

Phwoooooaaaarrrrrrrr.....

etc etc etc.....:rolleyes::D

Just let me find my Cosmo Smallpiece glasses. :lol:

22 hours ago, bluebee said:

You were quick off the mark  with that. :)

I really wanted to point out that attitudes change. What might have seemed glamorous in the past could seem seedy today. I am almost 65 and in my lifetime some things that have changed dramatically for the better and that includes the position of many women (also minorities and gay people). This might be seen as political correctness gone mad by some on here but I think that it is a matter of respect and manners for others. If the general perception is that it is a demeaning  and old-fashioned  then there is no point in speedway going against the trend.

As for affecting sponsors then surely they will find other ways of advertising their products

But it’s not going against the general perception , it’s a few snowflakes who get offended at just about everytthing and think that everybody else should give up their way of life to suit theirs , personally I hate snowflakes and believe they are not worthy of breathing the free air they are given but I don’t start a campaign to try to get them shot 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It’s only a matter of time before the snowflakes who can’t or won’t breastfeeed try to stop other women doing it 

• Thanks 1

Sign of the times when a few not the majority are offended by absolutely anything.

I don't care if they are there or not but these girls are happy to do the job and get paid well for it which means they can pay their bills and some are no doubt well trained up in other careers and not only do modelling.

It worked for Darts as it adds glamour to what is just a pub game on TV, In motorsport it is probably not as required as people who watch it love it anyway whether grid girls are there or not.

The other day I heard a comedian say that 'nobody ever died of being offended' and I think in this day and age it is well worth remembering!

1 hour ago, Vince said:

The other day I heard a comedian say that 'nobody ever died of being offended' and I think in this day and age it is well worth remembering!

• Like 4