British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
22A

Bye bye Gate girls?

It's about time the human race started worrying about more important things - like climate change, ice caps melting, sea levels rising, population growing, plastic in the sea and food chain, fossil fuel pollution. God knows what else - bloody ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spinkox said:

It's about time the human race started worrying about more important things - like climate change, ice caps melting, sea levels rising, population growing, plastic in the sea and food chain, fossil fuel pollution. God knows what else - bloody ridiculous.

They change the name to climate change from global warming because that’s not what’s happening , the ice caps are actually growing , the pictures of plastic in the sea were actually results of tsunami’s that swept the plastic off the land into the sea and was actually mostly Chinese rubbish and not ours although not sure why the government isn’t banging on McDonald’s and Poundland’s doors about the waste plastic they dish out and as for fossil fuels , how clean do you suppose electric vehicles are ?the mining to produce the battery’s(google how damaging that is to the earth) and where does the electricity come ? Oh yea nuclear power stations that we need to build to cope with demand to power the cars saying diesel pollution is responsible for 38,000 cancer deaths a year is the same as blaming ladders for a broken neck deaths , with modern dpf’s hardly anything is coming out of the exhausts these days but strangely that never seems to get mentioned cause it doesn’t fit in with the plan , it’s all manipulation to make us conform to the master plan , unfortunatly we are stupid enough to fall for it and if any of you disagree with me I don’t care , live your life as you want to and stop trying to change mine , anyhow this is my last post on here for a while so enjoy and have fun what ever you do 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Who's Winnin said:

Sign of the times when a few not the majority are offended by absolutely anything.

I don't care if they are there or not but these girls are happy to do the job and get paid well for it which means they can pay their bills and some are no doubt well trained up in other careers and not only do modelling.

It worked for Darts as it adds glamour to what is just a pub game on TV, In motorsport it is probably not as required as people who watch it love it anyway whether grid girls are there or not.

It has been just a few that have complained about the noise that has caused problems for stadiums.

In motorsport, don't the grid girls wear clothing, hold umbrella's & boards with sponsors names on. This could lead to revenue being lost with no or limited air time.

The majority of the public have common sense.

It is only a very small minority who have a very loud voice when it comes to 'Political correctness'...with many working in media and other types of outlets.

Has anyone else considered what agenda is behind all of this. Why are we all being asked to conform and agree to it all?

Men and woman are naturally attracted to the opposite sex. It's NATURAL and NORMAL...to admire the form of others.

What is wrong to naturally look at the beautiful lines of a woman, in the same way we would look at the lines of a classic car, JAP/JAWA  Speedway bike or say Spitfire.

All are beautiful, easy on the eye and give natural pleasure.

What's being forced on us, is everything unnatural imo.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I would like to make clear that I make no moral judgements about the women who choose to be gate girls. However, they are representative of a glamour tradition that is long out of date. I find it ironic Gresham that you compare women to machinery - that is what some women are complaining about. I imagine most fans go to speedway to see the racing and not ogle young women pouting and twirling around in mock "come ons". It's a seedy performance that does not enhance the sport.  

The position of women has changed dramatically in recent years: more female graduates than male, many more women managers and professionals. I would think that a good number - especially the more educated - would find "start tarts" demeaning not enhancing of their sex. I wonder how men would feel if their most visible role in the sport was to prance about in a skimpy clothes simulating sexual excitement before the start of a motorcycle race between 4 women.

To rest your argument that the objectors are just snowflakes obsessed with political correctness is no better than suggesting that the supporters of the "glamour" roles are all sex starved dirty old pervs. I just suggest that speedway changes with the times and tries to more modern image.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluebee said:

I would like to make clear that I make no moral judgements about the women who choose to be gate girls. However, they are representative of a glamour tradition that is long out of date. I find it ironic Gresham that you compare women to machinery - that is what some women are complaining about. I imagine most fans go to speedway to see the racing and not ogle young women pouting and twirling around in mock "come ons". It's a seedy performance that does not enhance the sport.  

The position of women has changed dramatically in recent years: more female graduates than male, many more women managers and professionals. I would think that a good number - especially the more educated - would find "start tarts" demeaning not enhancing of their sex. I wonder how men would feel if their most visible role in the sport was to prance about in a skimpy clothes simulating sexual excitement before the start of a motorcycle race between 4 women.

To rest your argument that the objectors are just snowflakes obsessed with political correctness is no better than suggesting that the supporters of the "glamour" roles are all sex starved dirty old pervs. I just suggest that speedway changes with the times and tries to more modern image.

I don't agree that the girls that do the starts at Swindon are doing anything sexual or wearing anything skimpy. They are just part of the presentation.

There is an element of it with the GPs though. I don't think the tv companies help matters with some of their camera angles either. 

7 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

They change the name to climate change from global warming because that’s not what’s happening , the ice caps are actually growing , the pictures of plastic in the sea were actually results of tsunami’s that swept the plastic off the land into the sea and was actually mostly Chinese rubbish and not ours although not sure why the government isn’t banging on McDonald’s and Poundland’s doors about the waste plastic they dish out and as for fossil fuels , how clean do you suppose electric vehicles are ?the mining to produce the battery’s(google how damaging that is to the earth) and where does the electricity come ? Oh yea nuclear power stations that we need to build to cope with demand to power the cars saying diesel pollution is responsible for 38,000 cancer deaths a year is the same as blaming ladders for a broken neck deaths , with modern dpf’s hardly anything is coming out of the exhausts these days but strangely that never seems to get mentioned cause it doesn’t fit in with the plan , it’s all manipulation to make us conform to the master plan , unfortunatly we are stupid enough to fall for it and if any of you disagree with me I don’t care , live your life as you want to and stop trying to change mine , anyhow this is my last post on here for a while so enjoy and have fun what ever you do 

They do always appear to be a step or two behind. The initial panic was to reduce petrol Carbon Monoxide, thus encouraging diesel Power. This resulted in polluting the air with PM and NOx. Emissions standards / certification addressed this with the introduction of DOC, DPF, SCR technology. Place an off highway, Stage 5 engine in numerous countries - the air coming out of the exhaust will be cleaner than it draws in.  Just get rid of all vehicles below Stage 4 and the Euro on highway equivalent. 

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 2:17 PM, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

They change the name to climate change from global warming because that’s not what’s happening , the ice caps are actually growing ,

Not sure where you get your info from,but according to NASA you are wrong.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2017/sea-ice-extent-sinks-to-record-lows-at-both-poles

So not really worth going into the rest

• Like 3

Boxing wont be bowing to the snowflakes , you're still going to have a dolly bird holding the round board . Who'd have thought the fall out from a Hollywood film producer not being able to keep it in his pants , would cause the darts walk on girls their jobs . 

On 2/4/2018 at 1:17 PM, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I applaud you for being well informed :t: With record low temps being recorded around the globe, most people have no idea that the Grand Solar Minimum is just around the corner....https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/news-articles/solar-minimum-is-coming

• Haha 1

On 02/02/2018 at 8:16 PM, Starman2006 said:

Absolutely rediculous whats wrong with adding a bit of glamour to the procedings, political correctness gone mad, what is the world coming to..

In just a few week'a time, it's the Rio carnival. Those topless young women waving to the spectators from the floats; will they be dispensed with?

58 minutes ago, blupanther said:

I applaud you for being well informed :t: With record low temps being recorded around the globe, most people have no idea that the Grand Solar Minimum is just around the corner....https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/news-articles/solar-minimum-is-coming

Err,you talk about a Grand Solar Minimum then link to a site about a Solar Minimum.You I assume realise that a Solar Minimum happens roughly every 11 years?

Just a few weeks ago in the US,plus I know in Hamburg we had one of the warmest January days on record.The US has also broken coldest days recently too of course,but that doesn't change the records on the NASA site

https://psmag.com/environment/why-is-winter-suddenly-so-warm

https://climate.nasa.gov/

And the report of yet another Grand Solar Minimum lol

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2018/jan/09/the-imminent-mini-ice-age-myth-is-back-and-its-still-wrong

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Err,you talk about a Grand Solar Minimum then link to a site about a Solar Minimum.You I assume realise that a Solar Minimum happens roughly every 11 years?

Just a few weeks ago in the US,plus I know in Hamburg we had one of the warmest January days on record.The US has also broken coldest days recently too of course,but that doesn't change the records on the NASA site

https://psmag.com/environment/why-is-winter-suddenly-so-warm

https://climate.nasa.gov/

And the report of yet another Grand Solar Minimum lol

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2018/jan/09/the-imminent-mini-ice-age-myth-is-back-and-its-still-wrong

Climate change is and always has been controlled by the Sun and Planetary positioning, and The Maunder Minimum of 1645 - 1715 is a classic example of this. To comprehend the future you have to understand the past...

• Haha 2