British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Chris Morton will he get involved in speedway again.?

I just wondered how Chris Morton was getting along such a shame he is not involved in speedway i just hope speedway does not forget him.I certainly won't a great man and rider and it bugs me that he is not involved in the sport he loves i wish Chris all the luck in the future  and would love him to be able to go back to the new Belle Vue regularly.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I just wondered how Chris Morton was getting along such a shame he is not involved in speedway i just hope speedway does not forget him.I certainly won't a great man and rider and it bugs me that he is not involved in the sport he loves i wish Chris all the luck in the future  and would love him to be able to go back to the new Belle Vue regularly.

Saw Chris ride many.many times...and I have on DVD that incredible race during, I think, the 1981 World Team Cup Final (remember those?) where he passed two riders (one was Egon Muller if I recall) after being so far back from the pacemakers. A great race typical of Mort. A true legend!

23 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Saw Chris ride many.many times...and I have on DVD that incredible race during, I think, the 1981 World Team Cup Final (remember those?) where he passed two riders (one was Egon Muller if I recall) after being so far back from the pacemakers. A great race typical of Mort. A true legend!

A really spectacular racer who would not of been far off off the level around the unique Hyde Rd as PC his pass of Carter in the 1983 Northern Riders championship was sublime.And that was the Carter who i think was the best visiting rider to grace the Hyde Rd track Morton often gets forgotten but for his longevity and consistency a legend and also a terrific person to.

• Like 3

Remember seeing him at the start of his career at Elle Port (sporting  orange leathers )knew he was the real deal then great little racer never stopped trying .

I for one hope he comes back to the sport and it should embrace him with open arms ,we would not have the National Stadium had it not been for his efforts .saw him at Cardiff (working his socks off) selling bricks to get the thing built ,I have nothing but admiration for him as a former  rider , promoter and the founder of one of the finest stadium for our sport to be raced at .

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 3

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 7:40 AM, Sidney the robin said:

A really spectacular racer who would not of been far off off the level around the unique Hyde Rd as PC his pass of Carter in the 1983 Northern Riders championship was sublime.And that was the Carter who i think was the best visiting rider to grace the Hyde Rd track Morton often gets forgotten but for his longevity and consistency a legend and also a terrific person to.

Be fair,he is well remembered compared to his brother,whatshisname morton

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Be fair,he is well remembered compared to his brother,whatshisname morton

As WK said on another thread nothing ever changes with you sniping away as usual  why don't you stay on the other threads.As for Dave Morton he did average 10.18 for Hackney in 1976 so he was far from being an also ran as you suggest you probably can't remember him to be honest.!!!!

Its a bit of banter.But I am or was sitting here shaking my head yet again at such a statement.How can you say Chris is often forgotten?He was one of the best riders of his era and then didn't disappear,but stayed heavily involved in speedway up until a year or so ago.How can he be forgotten?:blink:He was probably in the speedway star more often than most riders of his era up until recently

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Its a bit of banter.But I am or was sitting here shaking my head yet again at such a statement.How can you say Chris is often forgotten?He was one of the best riders of his era and then didn't disappear,but stayed heavily involved in speedway up until a year or so ago.How can he be forgotten?:blink:He was probably in the speedway star more often than most riders of his era up until recently

None of us know the  full facts of the Belle Vue situation but all i know is that Chris would of certainly been involved in speedway still in some capacity.  i just hope that door is not totally closed and he will be back involved in the sport that he loves in the future.

On 2/2/2018 at 3:12 PM, Sidney the robin said:

Would he be allowed any official involvement in the future?

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:52 PM, KevH said:

Would he be allowed any official involvement in the future?

I don't see why not because there are plenty of others over the years who have dragged and dropped clubs, riders and the sport in general into the mire who have kept going within the sport in one guise or another.

Edited by tonyd