British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PHILIPRISING

HATS OFF TO JASON DOYLE

14 minutes ago, Hot Shoe said:

Yes he is exactly the same or Yes i'm missing something?

YES you are missing something but if you cannot see it don't expect me to help you

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hot Shoe said:

Why is it a huge asset and an asset to who or what?

I go and watch on average 2 meetings per week in the Championship and National League (i don't watch SGP either live or on tv) so whether the world champion rides over here or not means nothing to me and probably doesn't to many more speedway fans who watch their speedway in those leagues.

Ever thought of a career in promotions? You seem a natural.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

makes me laugh really if he doesn't do the meeting he gets slagged off of he does the meeting he gets slagged off by you lot who wont even put your leg over a bike. Jason over the last few years has turned himself about to improve as he has done, and he is quite a nice genuine person. perhaps if others had his drive and commitment speedway would be in a better place, Just has Ben Barker love him or loath him does the ben fund every year and is also great with fans especially kids so please leave these guys alone any who put their leg over a bike and entertain us support them and perhaps things can improve .

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Tsunami said:

So if he didn't do the Ben Meeting you could slag him off, and now he IS riding in it he is just using it for his own reasons ?. Jason has probably benefitted more than most riders in the past with his injuries, and perhaps like Ben Barker does, he feels it is a duty to support such a great event that makes available funds available to all riders at some stage in their careers.

I wouldn' have a clue how much either Jason Doyle or Ben Barker have ever received from the Benevolent Fund. But I do remember reading  a few weeks back when it was announced he was riding that BB had said he would ride in the meeting for the first 10yrs.

I know shedloads of fans out there hate BB till he rides for their team.

But I'd say 10 seasons of putting yourself out to help your peers and former riders out should be congratulated.

As for JD in my opinion he' the most deserving World Champion in donkeys years. He can gate he can race and not afraid to get well stuck in.

The day he realised he could make the GPs  his mindset changed. His loyalty to riding in our league should be welcomed. As I said on another thread a few weeks back Swindon have white possibly missed out on a way of getting bigger crowds by releasing him I hope Somerset reap the rewards.

• Like 2

Well i think Jason Doyle deserves a lot of praise for riding in the meeting...Most World champions wouldn't go near any meeting unless they were receiving a nice appearance fee ...let's face it he's not short of meetings....so to do this one deserves praise....he doesn't have to

And it is different to other riders doing it...his appearance will definitely put more on the gate, get more publicity and make more money..which after all is the aim so I cannot see why anybody would raise any negatives

53 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Ever thought of a career in promotions? You seem a natural.

Thanks that must have taken a lot of thought.

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YES you are missing something but if you cannot see it don't expect me to help you

Surely if you had a point you would want to help explain it to me so from that i can only think you didn't have a point.

2 hours ago, Aces51 said:

The great majority of riders racing in the UK are not earning big bucks in Poland and riding in the top league in Sweden. The UK is their only option to earn a living but Doyle is one of the few exceptions still prepared to commit to the UK when he can earn a very good living abroad, that's what you're missing.

But surely he's only committing to ride here because it suits him and that's great but so what? I'm afraid i can't elevate him above all others for doing exactly the same thing as them.

From when i first started watching speedway in the late 60s i've never got the hero worship thing because i've known too many speedway riders who have the same hang-ups and problems as we all do. To me he's  a just another rider. A brilliant one but just another rider in the end.

11 minutes ago, Hot Shoe said:

But surely he's only committing to ride here because it suits him and that's great but so what? I'm afraid i can't elevate him above all others for doing exactly the same thing as them.

From when i first started watching speedway in the late 60s i've never got the hero worship thing because i've known too many speedway riders who have the same hang-ups and problems as we all do. To me he's  a just another rider. A brilliant one but just another rider in the end.

You really are not getting it. Doyle is the World Champion and tops a good looking line up. This meeting is a fund raiser that needs to utilise all Marketing opportunities in order to maximise interest. No need for the negativity. 

• Like 6

Kept his obligations to ride in australia as well after his world title win, which gave us a chance to see a current world champion.

Junior

1 hour ago, Hodgy said:

You really are not getting it. Doyle is the World Champion and tops a good looking line up. This meeting is a fund raiser that needs to utilise all Marketing opportunities in order to maximise interest. No need for the negativity. 

No negativity on my part. I think you need to read my post again.

It seems that you are the one not 'getting it'.

1 hour ago, Hodgy said:

No need for the negativity. 

That's hilarious to read that on this forum. Sadly though i doubt if you will ever see or understand the irony. Priceless.

I think I get what you are saying but you seems to be implying that all riders are equal because they all do the same job. While I like a good national league meeting and understand that it takes courage to race a speedway bike at any level being good at something does makes a difference.

Even at NL level there will be riders you enjoy watching more than others. If you're not impressed with the world champion promoting riding in the uk then good for you but for most people sport is about appreciating talent and achievement.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hot Shoe said:

Thanks that must have taken a lot of thought.

Yes, something which you are clearly lacking.

9 hours ago, Hot Shoe said:

No negativity on my part. I think you need to read my post again.

It seems that you are the one not 'getting it'.

You might not be being negative, you're just showing a complete and utter lack of understanding of promotion.

Indeed, I'm starting to think you must be a member of the BSPA!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1