British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PHILIPRISING

HATS OFF TO JASON DOYLE

18 hours ago, Hot Shoe said:

What makes him any more worthy than any other world champion?

Surely the fact that he would have won it in 2016 ? Instead he sustained potential life threatening injuries and he came back and won it a year later

11 hours ago, Hot Shoe said:

But surely he's only committing to ride here because it suits him and that's great but so what? I'm afraid i can't elevate him above all others for doing exactly the same thing as them.

From when i first started watching speedway in the late 60s i've never got the hero worship thing because i've known too many speedway riders who have the same hang-ups and problems as we all do. To me he's  a just another rider. A brilliant one but just another rider in the end.

You don't have to 'elevate him above all others'!  He's the World Champion so he has pretty much elevated himself above all others.  Isn't that what being World Champion is?! And to have him at any event will surely generate greater positivity than if he wasn't!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

You don't have to 'elevate him above all others'!  He's the World Champion so he has pretty much elevated himself above all others.  Isn't that what being World Champion is?! And to have him at any event will surely generate greater positivity than if he wasn't!

Personally I think there should be an investigation as to just why Doyle was awarded the World Championship trophy when clearly his elevation was not cleared by the authority that is Hot Shoe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have to agree with some others that Jason Doyle is a great marketing addition to the Benevolent Fund meeting and my admiration for him has grown over the last few years, especially to come back from the horrific injuries of 2016, when he surely would have been World Champion without them. He now reminds me, to a degree, of the great Ivan Mauger, who came to the UK as a young man and didn't make it, so he went home and practised and came back a few years later with the determination to succeed at the highest level. Doyle has shown those characteristics since his move away from Poole and the Party Scene, realising the need to put in the hard graft. What I think is very commendable is that he rode for a few months with a broken right foot, not just in the Grand Prix and World Cup but also for his league clubs in different countries, this again reminded me of Ivan Mauger, who rode for virtually a whole season with a broken scaphoid in each hand and still fulfilled all his commitments. Ask any speedway rider how hard it is to ride with one broken scaphoid, let alone two!

So, Hat Off to Jason Doyle his commitment to UK speedway and hope he has a very successful year in 2018.

• Like 4

On 2/7/2018 at 11:20 AM, BWitcher said:

Personally I think there should be an investigation as to just why Doyle was awarded the World Championship trophy when clearly his elevation was not cleared by the authority that is Hot Shoe.

Thanks for elevating me to a position of authority.  :D

• Like 1

On 2/7/2018 at 10:49 AM, bill94d said:

Surely the fact that he would have won it in 2016 ? Instead he sustained potential life threatening injuries and he came back and won it a year later

A brilliant achievement. No doubt about that but more worthy? Really?

Edited by Hot Shoe
spellcheock is your friend