British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bloom89

No job

Guest GiveusaB
16 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Perhaps you're new to the sport, since you don't know.

If you'd been around a while you'd know it was a crap idea. 

And perhaps you're an expert ? although I'm still looking for your suggestions?:D

Guest GiveusaB

I think there's scope to implement a system where by riders 'need' to improve on their previous season's average, or run the risk of missing out on the next season?

May be with the exemption of 'first' season riders? (a season's grace to find their feet)

The situation that Jake Knight and numerous other riders find themselves in is 99% due to allowing riders to race for more than one team. Speedway has had absolutely no benefit from this and all it has done is reduce the number of team places available.

Most people agree that the leading National League riders should be looking to move up to the next lever, but how can they if 30plus riders are now riding for two teams? Those riders who keep trying to convince us that they must have two teams "to make it pay" should stop for a moment and think of the riders such as Jake Knight etc, that they have deprived of one team place - because they have two!

This situation will only get worse until or unless the BSPA see where it is leading us and have the courage to scrap doubling-up.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Moleman27 said:

In Jake's case it was also down too sponsorship as otherwise would have had a premiership place this season.

But if the championship had implemented 2 reserves must be English it would surely help? It’s no good teams giving riders a few meetings then getting rid of them that’s not going to help them at all. You have people like Todd Kurtz and Mason Campton have they ever averaged more than 6 in the whole time they’ve been here? Joe Jacobs his average rises every season and Ellis Perks was outstanding for the best part of last season but both don’t have clubs why is that? You can’t say it’s because there not as good as the two aussies why not give Perks & jacobs half the chance both of the aussies have had.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, raddog said:

My son has Never had any of that.... bought his own van rents his own house n procured his own sponsorship...  last year he drove himsrlf to races ,  raced n drove home. Then on some occasions went to work at 2am ..  works on his own bikes n is then back on the road to do it all again .. all for 10 pound a point.... why .. cos he loves to ride n having fun with the fans .. even tho hes frowned apon by some cos hes 1 of them bl&%^y  imports !

Can I ask who your son is?

On 2/6/2018 at 3:14 PM, GiveusaB said:

May be its a crap idea....I dont know?

I guess increasing the points limit will only prevent lower average riders/newcomers progressing ?

Who will want them if the points limit's increased?

I would disagree, I don't believe the lower average riders will improve more in a weaker league, they're average may improve but only because they are racing weaker opponents! So the following year they may not get a place at all! Surely racing better riders makes it easier to move up into the Championship? JPB was almost unbeatable in the early part of last year in the NL but dropped out of the Championship, having easier rides in NL didn't help him it seems?  

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB
22 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I would disagree, I don't believe the lower average riders will improve more in a weaker league, they're average may improve but only because they are racing weaker opponents! So the following year they may not get a place at all! Surely racing better riders makes it easier to move up into the Championship? JPB was almost unbeatable in the early part of last year in the NL but dropped out of the Championship, having easier rides in NL didn't help him it seems?  

Good point!

I think that the equipment has a big say on performance also?

Taylor Hampshire struggled on some of his machinery last season, but I remember him borrowing Liam Carr's bike in one race and he flew round!?

As the majority of teams are now full it looks time to reflect upon those who missed out. Of the notable riders that have no rides this year the majority of the list have had a good run in speedway / in the NL so perhaps could be considered a cleanse? 

Luke Priest, Lee Dicken, Steve Boxall, Danny Halsey, Paul Hurry, Dan Greenwood, Richard Hall. 

Obviously there are few who have retired / moved up so the biggest names left without a NL spot are Hunter, Bowtell (yes has CL but arguably needs NL) & Possibly Mountain who wanted NL but doesn't fit.

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

As the majority of teams are now full it looks time to reflect upon those who missed out. Of the notable riders that have no rides this year the majority of the list have had a good run in speedway / in the NL so perhaps could be considered a cleanse? 

Luke Priest, Lee Dicken, Steve Boxall, Danny Halsey, Paul Hurry, Dan Greenwood, Richard Hall. 

Obviously there are few who have retired / moved up so the biggest names left without a NL spot are Hunter, Bowtell (yes has CL but arguably needs NL) & Possibly Mountain who wanted NL but doesn't fit.

Jake Knight :-(

2 minutes ago, mmmmethanol said:

Jake Knight :-(

Good spot. Although another that has a fair run at speedway over the years?

What on earth has a "fair run in Speedway" got to do with the disgraceful situation where good riders are unemployed while no-hopers

have team places ???    If you go to work for 20 years and along comes a younger man with no knowledge, no skill ands no prospect,

and he takes your job. Would you expect others to comment that  "you've had a fair run".  I do not think so.  Some people on this forum

have a very strange way of looking at life, and our sport.

58 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

What on earth has a "fair run in Speedway" got to do with the disgraceful situation where good riders are unemployed while no-hopers

have team places ???    If you go to work for 20 years and along comes a younger man with no knowledge, no skill ands no prospect,

and he takes your job. Would you expect others to comment that  "you've had a fair run".  I do not think so.  Some people on this forum

have a very strange way of looking at life, and our sport.

I believe it's called retirement?...