British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Predictions

I would say currently I would expect Mildenhall and Eastbourne top 2 with Kent, Birmingham and likely Belle Vue too be fighting it out for last two play off places the couldn't guess the rest of the league as all so close.

I can see Mildenhall & Eastbourne making the play-offs with the other 2 being from Kent, Birmingham & Belle Vue. Then Coventry & Plymouth in midtable. Meanwhile the bottom end will be Isle of Wight, Buxton & Stoke. 

Im not sure there is one side this season that i could say will definitely make the play offs. All the "top" sides have big question marks within them BUT i reckon Eastbourne & Birmingham are most likely with Kent, Mildenhall & Belle Vue scrapping for the final 2 places. Coventry won't be far away. Bit of a gap down to IOW who will be clear of the scrap at the bottom between Stoke, Buxton & Plymouth. 

• Like 1

With the named team, I can't see past Mildenhall to win. Every single rider can improve his average and one or two will do so big time.  Eastbourne, Kent & Coventry to make the play offs.

23 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

With the named team, I can't see past Mildenhall to win. Every single rider can improve his average and one or two will do so big time.  Eastbourne, Kent & Coventry to make the play offs.

I can see why many are backing Mildenhall but i think there are just a few too many question marks for me. Can Bailey & Ayres ride together? How will Jenkins react when Kemp joins him as a 3&4 combo? Has Bebee calmed his wild style? Will the Mildenhall track be the same 2 weeks running? If all are Yes then the team will want some stopping but if any are No then there could be some in fighting, hilarious Kevin Jolly outbursts and changes made? Only time will tell but i hope for all involved its the positive outcomes.

Time to be bold.  Based on initial declarations I see very little challenge to the top four but can see some surprises thereafter. Plymouth will not be happy with me once again putting them bottom but this time I cannot see another 'Roynan' incident to save them.

I fancy a long overdue improvement from Stoke but am very dubious about Coventry.

1. Mildenhall

2 Eastbourne

3 Birmingham

4 Kent 

5 Stoke

6 B Vue

7 I.O.W.

8 Coventry

9 Buxton

10 Plymouth

Now let the feathers fly !

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 3:26 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

I can see why many are backing Mildenhall but i think there are just a few too many question marks for me. Can Bailey & Ayres ride together? How will Jenkins react when Kemp joins him as a 3&4 combo? Has Bebee calmed his wild style? Will the Mildenhall track be the same 2 weeks running? If all are Yes then the team will want some stopping but if any are No then there could be some in fighting, hilarious Kevin Jolly outbursts and changes made? Only time will tell but i hope for all involved its the positive outcomes.

I doubt if any Mildenhall fan will be worrying about how riders ride together - something that could be questioned about almost every other pairing at every other club in the NL. 

What they see is a superbly talented young team with a huge amount of potential headed by two riders of proven quality at this level. The only thing I can see stopping them is injury.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Or the Eastbourne Team which shows just as much potential with the unknown of not knowing how good Brooks will prove too be and if Kelsey will turn out to show his best consistently. Were as their is a clear weak spot in the Mildenhall team which is Kinsley who has never scored well at Eastbourne and over two legs could see that being their big weak spot.

14 hours ago, Moleman27 said:

Or the Eastbourne Team which shows just as much potential with the unknown of not knowing how good Brooks will prove too be and if Kelsey will turn out to show his best consistently. Were as their is a clear weak spot in the Mildenhall team which is Kinsley who has never scored well at Eastbourne and over two legs could see that being their big weak spot.

You have got to be having a :rofl: comparing Kinsley to Dugard. 

Kinsley might not score well at Eastbourne, but he hasn't been sacked from his last two clubs because of poor scores and, apparently, poor attitude. 

Dugard has more talent than some might suggest but it is going to take a major change for him to consistently show decent form.

• Like 1

I would agree with Halifax Tiger about Dugard.  He looks as if he has inherited the family speedway ability, yet he has not made

the progress that everyone expected.  Don't understand the reason, but as he moves from childhood to adulthood I suspect that

we will see a big change in his attitude.  I think Eastbourne have brought him back into the fold at just the right time.

Dugard has far more ability than Kinsley I just don’t think he will ever get much better than what he is due to lack of effort 

3 hours ago, East End Fan said:

I would agree with Halifax Tiger about Dugard.  He looks as if he has inherited the family speedway ability, yet he has not made

the progress that everyone expected.  Don't understand the reason, but as he moves from childhood to adulthood I suspect that

we will see a big change in his attitude.  I think Eastbourne have brought him back into the fold at just the right time.

I don't think they would have brought him back unless they thought so too.  I think there is much more to come from him and in any event must be a bargain on 3.50, if Edwards moves up Kelsey  will clean up in the reserve spot.

For me the jury is still out on Kinsley having only seen him at Arlington occasionally and he was pretty dire but that won't be a true reflection.