British Speedway Forum
duffyscouse

An Evening With the 2018 Scunthorpe Scorpions @ the EWR

27655520_1977960709137526_22411394476768

Following the rip-roaring success of the Kelvin Tatum and Nigel Pearson evening, with special guest, Steve Worrall.

Promoter Rob Godfrey and Sting Fund's Paul Duff, have planned "AN EVENING WITH THE 2018 Scorpions"

The event will be staged on FRIDAY March 2nd 2018 in the bar at the Eddie Wright Raceway on Normanby Road - Tickets are £8 and include a pie and peas supper, with proceeds going to the riders in attendance. PayPal payment to psduff@talktalk.net. Tickets to be paid in advance and collected on the door to allow for control of numbers and catering. It MAY be possible, by arrangement, to pay ROb at his garage on Normanby Rd, or contacting Paul directly - see below.

The doors will be open at 7pm, with the event starting at 7:45pm, with an interval at 8:30, during which the food will be served. The show will re-commence at 9pm and expected to end around 9:45pm. The night will include interviews with the riders, stories and a live Q&A session, concluding with a memorabilia auction.

A real chance to get up close and personal with the 2018 Scorpions team (grab those selfies and family photos).

Tickets MUST be paid in advance and collected on the door - payable via PayPal (app or website) - free instant sign in may be required - LINK

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/send-money-online#

Paul can also be contacted via email - psduff@talktalk.net or 07595826832

Get those tickets for the season opener at the EWR

Edited by duffyscouse
Added picture of event

25 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Paul,  is there a vegetarian pie option available for non meat eaters?

This is included in the price. You don't expect any meat in the pies surely? :P

Just kidding Scunthorpe. This evening is a great idea and wish I had something similar to go to. Good luck with this venture and I hope it gets the support it (and the riders) deserves.

1 hour ago, scunny1 said:

Paul,  is there a vegetarian pie option available for non meat eaters?

I will ask Gail - may depend on quantity required

12 hours ago, duffyscouse said:

I will ask Gail - may depend on quantity required

Just give him one like everyone else. :approve:

Conversely, tickets could be admission only and pie and peas preordered   as per previous evening. Why should vegetarians pay extra  for unwanted items?  

Feed the vegans to the cannibals.....

5 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Conversely, tickets could be admission only and pie and peas preordered   as per previous evening. Why should vegetarians pay extra  for unwanted items?  

I don’t like peas, why should I pay extra for them?

I also didn’t ever like Martin Smolinski when he was at Coventry but sadly I couldn’t pay 6/7 of the admission cost because I didn’t like one of the riders.

Theres a product/service being offered to you, it’s all or nothing. Maybe someone who really likes pie and peas not speedway would just like to pay for the pie and peas and not the speedway aspect?

Really looking forward to this, hopefully it will be yet another successful night and we can have more functions like rider talk ins etc...

• Like 1

That's what I like about this forum, you ask a civil question  and you get hostile responses from individuals who have no intention of going to the function. Personally I eat meat, but two others interested in going are vegetarians.:rolleyes:

Sorry I will text Gail now - are they definitely going ? - And yes there is an option of no food also PM me for details

Paul

No veggie option for this one unfotunately - option of NO food could be done

PAul 

26 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Tomorrow OFF, new date Friday 9th March, same time, same place

new meet the riders.jpg

Pies haven't arrived ?