British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gunner85

ANLAS TYRES FOR SGP

New tyre manufacturer providing tyres for the SGP.

Turkish firm

Claims of constant temperature and consistent density

Full details on SGP site

Could this be the start of reliable tyres ?

Very interesting development. I guess as its early days there are limited details regarding the expected price per unit?

Also as a tubeless variant what / if any changes would be required to the current wheels riders are using?

Can we expect a new SGP in Turkey in 2019 then?! Or are the tyres going to be so different that all riders will be stuffed?!:D

Does this mean they are the ONLY tyre eligible for use in the GP this season? Or is the term 'official' supplier purely a marketing term.

If they are the only choice any riders struggling early on have their excuse prepared for them!

Interesting development but should be viewed with a certain amount of caution as tyres have proved problematical in the past with legality of same and subsequent confusion resulting in protests and counter protests.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Does this mean they are the ONLY tyre eligible for use in the GP this season? Or is the term 'official' supplier purely a marketing term.

If they are the only choice any riders struggling early on have their excuse prepared for them!

I WOULD imagine that they will be the tyres supplied free of charge, as Mitas did previously. But riders can use any homologated tyre at their own expense.

• Like 2

According to Phil Morris at a recent NSSC meeting, the GP Riders were given the opportunity to test a new tyre, by which I presume he meant Anlas.

He also said that there were very few who took up the opportunity!

Greg Hancock was mentioned as one who had undertaken testing.

Edited by Gambo

I would have thought anyone developing a new tyre would have thought of all those things and addressed them in the design stage. Or maybe they were so stupid as to just create a tyre with no thought, just go ahead spending money with no thought and sponsoring the GP series and the Czech GP.

Let's hope theses tyres are fully tested before the event. The last thing that FIM, IGM, BSPA, BT and the riders and supporters need is bad publicity on opening night. Everyone better take some Mitas tyres just in case if I were them. We've been here too many times.

Edited by Tsunami

Has this new tyre been used in a speedway race by anyone anywhere so far?

If not, it is weird that the F.I.M. are going to introduce them at Grand Prix level first, without knowing how or if at all it will work!

Edited by Bavarian
  • Like 1

Phillip Rising has explained, the tyres are simply optional. If riders wish to use others they can. It's up to them to test them and decide if they are going to get benefit from them. 

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, adonis said:

cant see a tubeless version working , at the low pressures used in speedway , some are using as little as 4 psi in the back . there wouldn't be enough  internal pressure to create a reliable  seal against the rim , plus the distortion of the tyre due to being at low pressure and spinning , then you would need to create a seal round the rim grips ,  spoked rims would be a nightmare to seal anyway , 

Trials tyres have been tubeless and run at even lower pressures for a while now. Different to speedway admittedly but they take some serious abuse

• Like 1