British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

26 minutes ago, Mark said:

Woffy available for selection.    Some will moan but I think that is great news.

It's certainly good news, we just want Cookie back to his best and Robert Lambert as our under 21 reserve and that would be a pretty good team.

• Like 2

If this thread hasn’t doubled in length by tonight, following Woffy’s announcement, I’d be surprised!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, foamfence said:

It's certainly good news, we just want Cookie back to his best and Robert Lambert as our under 21 reserve and that would be a pretty good team.

Be an difficult choice between Cook and Lambert given current form in Poland.    I'm hoping Cook can have two good GP's this month.    I'm very pleased Woffy is now back in the mix.   Some people won't be happy but he always rides with great pride for GB.

23 minutes ago, Jacques said:

I'd pee my pants if he didn't get picked now ....:D

Just take care nobody is filming you!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jacques said:

I'd pee my pants if he didn't get picked now ....:D

Agree totally. Would be great to see the SCB grow some balls and tell the little ****** where to go! 

Can only be positive to have Tai available for GB again. Obviously there were differences of opinion about how things should be done but hopefully that'll be left to the past now that progress is starting to be made.

2 hours ago, The Cheese said:

Can only be positive to have Tai available for GB again. Obviously there were differences of opinion about how things should be done but hopefully that'll be left to the past now that progress is starting to be made.

He didn't ride for well stated reasons.    Things have changed with investment so it's had a desired effect.

Edited by Mark

Haha, he's wanted to race in Poland for the last two years, I don't want him chosen either..

• Like 1

Why would you work for a pittance when you can set yourself up for life, especially in a short career that can be ended abruptly.

Before you say he deserted British speedway after using us as a training school, why do you think all these overseas riders come here in there early careers for the riches on offer or learning there trade and then buggar off to Poland or Sweden to make there fortune.

Don't you think anybody with an IQ above that of a mump would do the same.

18 minutes ago, Eduds1 said:

Why would you work for a pittance when you can set yourself up for life, especially in a short career that can be ended abruptly.

Before you say he deserted British speedway after using us as a training school, why do you think all these overseas riders come here in there early careers for the riches on offer or learning there trade and then buggar off to Poland or Sweden to make there fortune.

Don't you think anybody with an IQ above that of a mump would do the same.

He could be setting himself up for life and working here for a pittance if he really gave a toss about british speedway which at the end of the day is the british fans ......... imo.  He might as well be a Pole, Swede, Dane, Latvian, American etc etc for all the times we get to see him race and refusing to race for the British fans on the team world stage was the last straw for me personally but of course I am just one insignificant, british speedway fan so it doesn’t really matter .........

What is the difference in him wanting to make the decisions to set himself up financialy and Doctor's and Nurses being trained by the NHS and decide to work for agencies on double the money or people being trained by one company and the leaving for another for better money.

Why would you think any sportsman does what he/she does to entertain the public (a public judging by the comments who don't like him and refer to him as an Australian) and not for the money

Don't you think him not riding for GB had anything to do with the muppets who ran the GB team, which now seems obvious with the change in management. 

• Like 1

Woffinden's decision to not ride for GB is the best thing to happen for GB as a team in decades. It has caused an immediate overhaul of how the national team is run.. for the better.

As for the pairing, on current form at Manchester..

Woffinden and Bewley.

What a future GB has with those two.

7 hours ago, ytsejam said:

Agree totally. Would be great to see the SCB grow some balls and tell the little ****** where to go! 

Yeah it would be fantastic!

Just the sort of decision making progress that has the sport where it is now in the UK. On its knees desperately struggling to survive.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ytsejam said:

No !    The sport needs its biggest star riding.   Because he did something positive which, at the time was negative, he got things changed.    Good for him and the future of Team GB.     Only a fool would not see that.

Edited by Mark
  • Haha 1