British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

Lets not forget Woffinden ,  although not riding in last years World Cup in July was quite prepared to represent Team GB in the World Games at his home track in Wroclaw just 3 weeks later, in spite of his differences with Team GB and before any significant change had occurred. This years finals of the Speedway of Nations will also be in Wroclaw

8 hours ago, Mark said:

He didn't ride for well stated reasons.    Things have changed with investment so it's had a desired effect.

Not sure he did not ride for the reasons he stated ..not sure he's back because of the investment but more likely that the final is l at his home track ..it's amazing that people just take in everything he tells them 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, orion said:

Not sure he did not ride for the reasons he stated ..not sure he's back because of the investment but more likely that the final is l at his home track ..it's amazing that people just take in everything he tells them 

I have to disagree with you. 

5 hours ago, Eduds1 said:

Why would you work for a pittance when you can set yourself up for life, especially in a short career that can be ended abruptly.

Before you say he deserted British speedway after using us as a training school, why do you think all these overseas riders come here in there early careers for the riches on offer or learning there trade and then buggar off to Poland or Sweden to make there fortune.

Don't you think anybody with an IQ above that of a mump 

The key is overseas rider ..Woffy is not a overseas rider ..most riders no matter what ride in there own league ...most people can live with the fact he can make more money in Poland and Sweden  and does not ride here that is fair enough,  but not turning up for the world cup and the British Title is not in most people's eyes  .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

ME, too

So Tai has a vested interest in TeamGB now so he'll get the gig whether he deserves it or not? Some might say bought his way back in.... 

Edited by Trees

21 hours ago, orion said:

The key is overseas rider ..Woffy is not a overseas rider ..most riders no matter what ride in there own league ...most people can live with the fact he can make more money in Poland and Sweden  and does not ride here that is fair enough,  but not turning up for the world cup and the British Title is not in most people's eyes  .

He most probably had a bad back from carrying the team.

When he won the British Title it was simply because it was on his home track, but proved his superiority over the best of the rest with his performance in the WTC final at the new home of the british final and with all things being equal would have won for the last 2 years, perhaps he wanted to give others the chance to be British champion.

As the team selection can't be changed for the final we have to go with;

1. Woffinden
  2. Cook
  3. Lambert

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 8:27 PM, New Science said:

Lets not forget Woffinden ,  although not riding in last years World Cup in July was quite prepared to represent Team GB in the World Games at his home track in Wroclaw just 3 weeks later, in spite of his differences with Team GB and before any significant change had occurred. This years finals of the Speedway of Nations will also be in Wroclaw

Spot on.

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

As the team selection can't be changed for the final we have to go with;

1. Woffinden
  2. Cook
  3. Lambert

I don't think Cook should be in the team.  It's a real shame Worrall is injured - when does he expect  to return?  I'd go with Woffinden, Worrall and Lambert if possible, if not then Bewley instead of Worrall

Edited by SPEEDY69

18 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I don't think Cook should be in the team.  It's a real shame Worrall is injured - when does he expect  to return?  I'd go with Woffinden, Worrall and Lambert if possible, if not then Bewley instead of Worrall

See how Cookie goes in the GP's. These bikes are the best he's ever had the pleasure of riding.

Worrall would be a massive risk coming back from a nasty injury. 

I'd say a year to soon to expect him to deliver in a Polish final.

There isn't any other choice for me than Woffy, Cook and Lambert. 

9 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

See how Cookie goes in the GP's. These bikes are the best he's ever had the pleasure of riding.

Worrall would be a massive risk coming back from a nasty injury. 

I'd say a year to soon to expect him to deliver in a Polish final.

There isn't any other choice for me than Woffy, Cook and Lambert. 

I'm sure I remember him doing better than Cook.

Edited by SPEEDY69

We need to choose the in form riders at the time.

Cook is having problems with his bikes both here and in Poland and even in this week's SS he said that he tried something different at Belle Vue on Monday but it didn't work. Hopefully, he will have got things sorted by the time this meeting comes round and if he has, he is without doubt our best rider after Woffinden and should be chosen.

If he hasn't then I would go with Worrall if he is back and fully recovered and Lambert but if not, Lambert and Bewley. I'm not sure which of those two it would be best to have at reserve but it probably doesn't matter as the reserve can be used if whoever is in the team isn't performing. I don't see any other Brits worth considering so may as well let Bewley gain from the experience and who knows he may surprise us not just at the NSS but also in Poland.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, adonis said:

Bewley and anyone  but Woffinden I'll watch , Woffinden in I'm out .

Your out.  He is a certainty to be picked.

29 minutes ago, adonis said:

not bothered either way TBH ,  He's Englands best rider and always will be,  while  he's allowed to cherry pick when he rides or doesn't and dictate what he wants or doesn't want , he's far bigger than the sport we all know that ,and I don't think the tramp has any more room for tattoes ,so he wont be booking in for any of those instead of riding for his country ,and Our future  prospects can sit at home and watch him in all his glory win the world cup on his own , 

You're spot on here.

In what sport could you imagine future prospects sitting at home watching a World Champion and think "I want to achieve what he has'. Disgrace. Get him out, put some lesser riders in there so future prospects can aspire to lower levels.