British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

13 minutes ago, adonis said:

great forward thinking there Bwitcher , lets have a new generation learn to be so proud of the country ,that they only want to ride when it suits them , and of course if the authorities won't do exactly as you want , book yourself a tattoo session when they have their next important meeting .or turn up and hang out with your Australian buddies , failing that if you really can't be arsed and want to act childish post some comments about the team on Instagram and photos of yourself sitting at home drinking beer , 

Correct.

It's fantastic Woffinden has sacrificed his own personal glory for the good of those coming up in the ranks providing them with a better organisation in which to showcase their skills and reap their rewards.

If only more riders were as selfless as Woffinden.

Tbf Nicholls and Richardson tried to do the same previously but they didn't have the same clout as the double World Champion does.

Still, success breeds jealousy and it's always pleasing to see it spewing out from certain posters.

Little point you posting about the Speedway of Nations, as you've said, you won't be watching.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, adonis said:

not bothered either way TBH ,  He's Englands best rider and always will be,  while  he's allowed to cherry pick when he rides or doesn't and dictate what he wants or doesn't want , he's far bigger than the sport we all know that ,and I don't think the tramp has any more room for tattoes ,so he wont be booking in for any of those instead of riding for his country ,and Our future  prospects can sit at home and watch him in all his glory win the world cup on his own , 

make your mind up, not bothered now but you were in your previous post.     Tai has been proven right about Team GB, how it's managed and how professionally run it should be.   You should thank him for taking a stand not berate him.    Go back to Manchester and he nearly did win the SWC on his own. 

See the usual Woffinden d1ckheads are out in force.

Tai has an issue with the way the team was being run. That has all changed for the better and he is back.

still we get usual morons moaning 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Correct.

It's fantastic Woffinden has sacrificed his own personal glory for the good of those coming up in the ranks providing them with a better organisation in which to showcase their skills and reap their rewards.

If only more riders were as selfless as Woffinden.

Tbf Nicholls and Richardson tried to do the same previously but they didn't have the same clout as the double World Champion does.

Still, success breeds jealousy and it's always pleasing to see it spewing out from certain posters.

Little point you posting about the Speedway of Nations, as you've said, you won't be watching.

You are right about Nicholls and Richardson.   They made a stand, as Tai did, and should be congratulated for having the morals to drop out rather than ride when its shambles from top to toe.   They had to pay to ride for their own country and rightly refused.    Woffiden would have lost a lot on money in sponsorship by not riding.     Pat him on the back, do not give him a hard time, Team GB in a far better place now than before.  

Edited by Mark
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, adonis said:

Your'e right , if Woffindens riding I won't be . anyway the abuse has started so I'm out of here 

Bless.

Thanks for the insight into the mind of the keyboard warrior anyway. You won’t watch a World Championship meeting he is in. But you will see what he’s up to on Instagram and thoroughly disapprove.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Bewley, Cook, Lambert and Woffinden named by Rossiter. Has to drop one of them soon.

Pretty predicatable to have those 4. Getting it down to 3 is slightly more tricky. I would say it depends on Lambert's form from now until the cut-off date - whenever that is. The big choice is whether to have Lambert or Cook in the top pair.

If Lambert keeps up his early season form then Woffinden, Lambert, Bewley seems the best choice.

18 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Pretty predicatable to have those 4. Getting it down to 3 is slightly more tricky. I would say it depends on Lambert's form from now until the cut-off date - whenever that is. The big choice is whether to have Lambert or Cook in the top pair.

If Lambert keeps up his early season form then Woffinden, Lambert, Bewley seems the best choice.

I don't think it's that simple. It also depends on Cook. If he can sort out his bikes and form he may be a better choice than Lambert, even if Lambert continues his current form. If that were the case then it becomes a choice between Lambert and Bewley for reserve. Lambert hasn't ridden at the NSS for some time but he is there on Monday, so will give us an idea of how he may perform there albeit he won't have to face Cook, Fricke or Worrall. Lambert has raced regularly in Poland, which also gives him an advantage over Bewley but Bewley looks the sort of rider ideally suited to Polish tracks.

If Cook is still struggling and Lambert impresses on Monday I'd go with Lambert and Bewley. It Cook hits form, Cook and Lambert unless he's poor on Monday.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Grachan said:

LAMBERT scoring well in both Poland and Sweden

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

I think it's the other way round. Lambert's form has been top draw, it's Cook's form that's to be of concern

Cook can be top draw on his day but can also be so bad as shown in the GP.

I think the pick is easy for Rosco. It has to be Woffy, Lambert, Bewley. 

Lambert and Bewley have both just gone to another level so far this season. 

It all depends if Rossco is strong enough to make that phone call to a GP rider in Cook and say "you're not in".

On current form it has to be Woffy and Lambert.

But Rosco might want to keep Lambert at reserve

5 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Cook can be top draw on his day but can also be so bad as shown in the GP.

I think the pick is easy for Rosco. It has to be Woffy, Lambert, Bewley. 

Lambert and Bewley have both just gone to another level so far this season. 

It all depends if Rossco is strong enough to make that phone call to a GP rider in Cook and say "you're not in".

With respect how do you think Bewley would fair in the GP at present.  I think we need to be careful, yes Bewley has done well at the NSS from reserve and number 2 but is up against Cook and Lambert who both have much more  international experience at World Cups and World u21 level. Yes Bewley has talent but lets be careful not to try  to fast track it too quickly.

Edited by New Science

Too much time can be spent on fannying around with the young guys and 'not too quickly' thinking.

Woffinden and Lambert are the obvious choice.
And let Dan Bewley explode on the scene at the NSS, if he can.
If he doesn't so be it; but the experience of being there will be well worth it.

tbh no one will know which CC could turn up on the day, no matter what his 'form' the week before.
Bewley is actually less of a risk and there is so much more to gain long term.

• Like 2

LET'S not forget the reserve (Under 21) doesn't have to ride... if Lambert and Woffinden can do the business having Bewley there for experience, and maybe an outing or two, will be great experience for the kid, which is what he is after all.