British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

Surely erik riss should be in Germanys team. Flying this season. 

• Like 1

Such a shame they've priced this the way they have. £35 for a seat is just too much for me and the wife. Would be worth it for the final with 7 competitive teams, but they'll be too many dud races at Belle Vue for my liking. So will watch the whole thing on the telly (HDMI lead from computer) once our friend racers and royals has posted his usual excellent links in the international section. 

Really looking forward to this. Racing as been class this season again. Even as u say the "dud races" should entertain. 

You can stand for £19 but obviously that's not ideal for some folk. I'll pay the money for backstraight. Its a great view and atmosphere. 

And don't be fooled by the line ups. There will be a spoiler. I'm sure of it. It won't be easy 

36 minutes ago, spanner47 said:

Such a shame they've priced this the way they have. £35 for a seat is just too much for me and the wife. Would be worth it for the final with 7 competitive teams, but they'll be too many dud races at Belle Vue for my liking. So will watch the whole thing on the telly (HDMI lead from computer) once our friend racers and royals has posted his usual excellent links in the international section. 

Will i ?? i`m actually quite reticent in putting up links on the domestic coverage as i have always paid for the SKY and BT coverage and feel others should do the same. i can say that Canal plus sport are showing it in Poland. 

7 hours ago, martinmauger said:

I was talking to folk about speedway and everyone corectly guessed what Best Pairs meant and also the Speedway World Cup but no-one knew what Speedway Of Nations meant.  When I told them they said "why not just call it World Best Pairs ?".  Good question....

I agree. Speedway of Nations means nothing unless you are a speedway follower and even then only if you've read an article which explains what it is. To attract non speedway fans and those who don't attend regularly it would have been far more likely to get people interested if the title made clear that this is a World Championship competition. Nothing at all wrong with reverting to Speedway World Best Pairs.

Why it is then being run on a Tuesday in the UK is another mystery. I understand that TV coverage is important but why not have both semi finals on a Saturday, one early afternoon and the other in the evening or, one Saturday and the other on Sunday.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2018 at 11:32 PM, Aces51 said:

Have a look on Google Maps for the NSS. There is parking at Saint Peter's School, which is on Kirkmanshulme Lane just beyond the junction with Pink Bank Lane and another car park in Pink Bank Lane, which is close to the entrance to the South Stand. Both cost £3.

Will these car parks get filled up quickly or is there plenty of space? 

PROBABLY because all the personal and officials, plus equipment, who attend both meetings need time to get to one from the other

Edited by PHILIPRISING

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Will i ?? i`m actually quite reticent in putting up links on the domestic coverage as i have always paid for the SKY and BT coverage and feel others should do the same. i can say that Canal plus sport are showing it in Poland. 

Fair comment. I can afford Sky but not being a BT customer the price for both is prohibitive. I know you can always find these meetings somewhere on you tube, but you might accidently stumble across the result whilst looking for them. 

Just hope Teterow doesn’t get hit by some of the bad weather.Today it looks as if it is out of the zone,but rain and showers predicted from tomorrow onwards

A genuine question is anyone on here going to the SON at belle vue on Tuesday ? , don’t know if it’s just me but it all seems rather low key and doesn’t seem to have captured the publics imagination 

The admission prices are so expensive...£40.00 and £35.00 for the granstand,no concessions or child prices either,unless you go to the south stand which is standing only,erm...... most pensioners can't stand that long and the kids can't see unless at the front.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

Will these car parks get filled up quickly or is there plenty of space? 

There are other car parks which fans use but are not supposed to, like the huge cinema car park very close to the stadium. However, unless there is a last minute surge for tickets, I'm not expecting there to be a big crowd so I don't think the Speedway car parks will be full. If you want to be sure I would get there at least an hour before start time.

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

PROBABLY because all the personal and officials, plus equipment, who attend both meetings need time to get to one from the other

I'm not sure what equipment needs to be transferred but I suspect that most of the personnel could travel if it was held on the following day. 

50 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

A genuine question is anyone on here going to the SON at belle vue on Tuesday ? , don’t know if it’s just me but it all seems rather low key and doesn’t seem to have captured the publics imagination 

It is low key. Belle Vue keep plugging it on social media but I've seen little else to publicise it. As I mentioned before, nobody outside of speedway regulars would know from the name that it is a World Championship event. I shall be there and I am expecting some brilliant racing but it seems to have caused very little excitement even locally and 7pm on a Tuesday is hardly the best time to be holding it. Some are complaining about the ticket costs for the grandstand which are relatively expensive but the cheapest standing is £19 which is similar to the normal entrance fee.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blocktread said:

The admission prices are so expensive...£40.00 and £35.00 for the granstand,no concessions or child prices either,unless you go to the south stand which is standing only,erm...... most pensioners can't stand that long and the kids can't see unless at the front.

I'm sympathetic to you needing a seat if you are an OAP but why not take a fold away chair if you intend to buy a £19 ticket.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned, I've looked at the majority of pages and haven't seen anything about the dreaded "J" word. With a two day final I suspect they'll want to keep it as close as possible. I haven't gone through this with a fine tooth comb, but I suppose the scores from the first day get added to the second, so if they continue to embarrass the sport by using this awful thing, will each team that falls behind be able to use it on both days?