British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

feel for Cook here, he's very much a confidence rider and getting kicked down like this will do even more harm.

why not keep him in but start with Tai & Lambert and if Cook feels ready then use him.

i know Craig is having a lot of motor issues and if you have no confidence in what you're riding then that hits just as much - i'm wondering if Craig was to even take a month out and get everything sorted, get testing in Poland, and come back the rider we know he is

1 minute ago, stevehone said:

feel for Cook here, he's very much a confidence rider and getting kicked down like this will do even more harm.

why not keep him in but start with Tai & Lambert and if Cook feels ready then use him.

i know Craig is having a lot of motor issues and if you have no confidence in what you're riding then that hits just as much - i'm wondering if Craig was to even take a month out and get everything sorted, get testing in Poland, and come back the rider we know he is

he got a paid max in Poland at Rybnik and scored 14 at Somerset only last week.     not going badly.

5 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

LAMBERT wasn't dropped. It made sense given that he is under 21 to have him at 'reserve' where he could be used as and when for either of his team-mates. AS I understand it Cook couldn't ride for seven days after withdrawing from the BV match on Monday.

I think Craig has clearly been taken out because of the health aspect, and having Bewley there might be of more benefit in the long term anyway.

In terms of strenth alone, I agree that Lambert at reserve might have been a good option, but Craig was already out of action this week and this seems a sensible enough decision under the circumstances.

I often go to Belle Vue, but will give this a miss. Silly prices for an untried new event, and now with Cook dropped, it is even less attractive. 

Sorry to say but its the correct decision. Cook has shown in the GPs that he doesn't want it when it gets a bit rough after the start. Lambert on fire this year and Bewley will be all the better for the experience. Harsh but correct IMO

I would like to ask 2 questions.

Why are the BSI making decisions on Cookie (7 day rule) for an FIM event? Also, can we make a change to our line up at this late stage or are we only going with Tai & Robert?

I see there is nothing on the SpeedwayGB website. Surely, a statement should be said made asap on what is going on.

2 minutes ago, steve69 said:

I would like to ask 2 questions.

Why are the BSI making decisions on Cookie (7 day rule) for an FIM event? Also, can we make a change to our line up at this late stage or are we only going with Tai & Robert?

I see there is nothing on the SpeedwayGB website. Surely, a statement should be said made asap on what is going on.

SpeedwayGB has stated that a statement will be released.

10 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

SpeedwayGB has stated that a statement will be released.

The Great Britain Speedway team have said that. 

• Like 1

The plot thickens.......the twitter link to Cookie (a couple of pages back) is now unavailable.

54 minutes ago, stevehone said:

Craig is starting to sound like a broken record regarding moter issues over the last couple of season,his article in SS afew weeks ago  was full of praise of Mark Courtney as the man to sort all his issues! Not so far though.Do feel for him though,he seems to put a lot of pressure on himself though.

ps.

Another rider who should watch what he says on social media , by the looks of it.

Edited by Fromafar

Roscoe's needs to get his act together. He was under the impression that Cook had a doctor's note for 7 days which ruled him out until Monday, so we concerned about Tuesday. You don't sack someone by text because your under the impression and concerned, you find out exactly what the position is before making yourself look foolish.

At least Craig dealt with the text in a professional manner, wishing whatever was best for GB.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

So the manager has 3 riders in the team and cannot take time out to 'call' one of them to ascertain any potential issue's.

Pi$$ poor as usual

• Like 1