British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

5 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Not quite but nearly, depending on which day a ban starts. A ban given on Monday is more likely to commence on the Tuesday and therefore end on which day the next week. IF a ban was given on the Weds then CC could not ride in the SofN. As no official notice about the ban seems to be found it is hard to understand  what is / has been / or will be going on.

My question was - Has Craig Cook been banned for seven days? if so when does that end?

Ban ends on Monday 4th, but that only effects domestic meetings anyway.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mark said:

£18 down backstraight

£25 for back straight, and as SON tickets website says it’s currently 20% sounds like it could go up more on that day!

Lots of seats still up for sale....

This meeting does not have the cudos of the World Cup and is on aTuesday ..... 

2 hours ago, Mark said:

£18 down backstraight

So I’m told it’s £25 on back straight and £19 on car park on third and 4th bends, not sure if you have to park the cars too as part of the deal 

Re car parking - Someone on this thread in the last week has asked about parking and what seemed to be a knowledgeable answer was given. Too many pages for me to go through, but its there somewhere.

I cant really see the £19 (cheapest at a "normal meeting") will include car parking as the other car parks are £3, and would they want to loose £3 per car?

• Like 1

Although teams can name a U21 rider, who can be used at anytime it is not mandatory to have one.

With this in place many heats in both race off`s will end up with only 3 riders.

USA, Ukraine, Finland and Italy have only 2 named riders.

With no back up they will undoubtedly all at some stage be reduced to 1 rider heat representation.

Not value for money and an ill conceived format and ridiculous rules.

No need to drop the World Cup for this farcical event.

• Like 5

Very good point, I have just noticed that some teams will only have 2 riders, which may be a problem if injuries occur. 

All threads have now been set-up for the upcoming week of speedway, which I will be updating - http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/board/731/fim-speedway-nations

I think Denmark, Russia, USA through from Saturday and Great Britain, Sweden and Australia through from Tuesday.

You put your British Champ in...

You take your British Champ out...

In, Out, In, Out...

You shake him all about...

You do the Hokey Cooky and 'u-turn' around...

That's what it's all about...

Ohhhhhhh, the Hokey Cooky, Cooky...

Ohhhhhhh, the Hokey Cooky Cooky...

Ohhhhhhh, the Hokey Cooky, Cooky...

Send text...

Backtrack....

Ra Ra Ra.......

(Or should that end Farce Farce Farce?)

:rolleyes:

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

So I’m told it’s £25 on back straight and £19 on car park on third and 4th bends, not sure if you have to park the cars too as part of the deal 

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Re car parking - Someone on this thread in the last week has asked about parking and what seemed to be a knowledgeable answer was given. Too many pages for me to go through, but its there somewhere.

I cant really see the £19 (cheapest at a "normal meeting") will include car parking as the other car parks are £3, and would they want to loose £3 per car?

I don't know for sure but like OveFundinFan I can't imagine that the £19 will include the car park fee. It's also worth remembering that the £19 includes an advance booking discount. 

We'll have a better idea how entertaining the format is after seeing the first semi final on Saturday. Who knows, if it's a good meeting it may attract more to attend on Tuesday.

Rules are on the sgp  web site

21 heats as per normal best pairs ... riders  from each team can swap positions at the gate

top 2 straight through

1st semi   4th v 5th pair

2nd semi  3rd v winner of 1st semi to decide the 3rd qualifying pair

Edited by KIRKYLANE

18 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I don't know for sure but like OveFundinFan I can't imagine that the £19 will include the car park fee. It's also worth remembering that the £19 includes an advance booking discount. 

We'll have a better idea how entertaining the format is after seeing the first semi final on Saturday. Who knows, if it's a good meeting it may attract more to attend on Tuesday.

I meant for your £19 car park ticket they make you a car park attendant for the night as part of the deal not you get a parking space, that's 2 belle vue fans today that I have had to explain to , must be my accent :rolleyes:

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

22 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I meant for your £19 car park ticket they make you a car park attendant for the night as part of the deal not you get a parking space, that's 2 belle vue fans today that I have had to explain to , must be my accent :rolleyes:

Thank you for the explanation. Apologies, I get it now it just never occurred to me that there are people in Wolverhampton with a sense of humour. Although I suppose it does help if you have to live there. :D