British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

After the criticism yesterday it's good to see that Rob Painter from GB Speedway Team took the time and trouble to travel up to Cumbria today to see Craig Cook. That's the proper and professional way to deal with things.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, blocktread said:

I meant is the car park on the east side open for permit holders as present.

The parking permits don't cover this meeting or the British Final as they are FIM and BSPA events.

In any event, I don't know if the car park on the 3rd and 4th bends will be open as I don't know how they are arranging the standing area on those bends. Might I suggest a call to the stadium is the best way to find out.

Don’t forget quite a bit of car parking will be unavailable due to the tv outside broadcast trucks and tv studios being situated on exit to turn 4

It sounds as if there is a Left Hand / Right Hand communication between BSI and the NSS over the SON. Nowadays people expect to find such info easily on the Ticket Selling website. It's hard enough to sell tickets for this event, it seems, without making it more difficult to decide to go or not.

Speedway doesn't fix things that are broken, but fixes something that isn't broken - the World Cup.

In my opinion, APART FROM THE JOKER RULE, the format for the WC was finally perfected after years of fiddling around with it.

Four nations, one rider from each in every race and wearing the same helmet colour throughout. Dead simple. Easy to understand for casual or new viewers tuning in and that's how it should be.

Forget about team riding, new viewers won't understand or care less about it.

This new competition is taking us backwards to a confusing, audience alienating format. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

It sounds as if there is a Left Hand / Right Hand communication between BSI and the NSS over the SON. Nowadays people expect to find such info easily on the Ticket Selling website. It's hard enough to sell tickets for this event, it seems, without making it more difficult to decide to go or not.

There's no reason for confusion or concern about parking. The parking permit application form made clear that it does not apply to FIM or BSPA events so permit holders should be aware of the situation. If they want to check and can't find their application form copies can still be downloaded from the Belle Vue website.  Unless the situation changes over the next couple of days I also doubt there's any need to worry about whether there will be sufficient parking spaces overall. Looking at the current grandstand ticket sales there should more than enough between the 3 official speedway car parks, even if there are fewer or no spaces in the North car park. 

Edited by Aces51

The one thing that spoils the otherwise splendid image of Belle Vue stadium is the visible car parking on the 3rd/4th bends.

It gives it that 'track in a field' look.

I'm not sure if Robert Lambert will be eligible to take a reserve ride, even if required. He's 48 years old according to the GP website!

http://www.speedwaygp.com/rider/robert-lambert

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Rules are on the sgp  web site

21 heats as per normal best pairs ... riders  from each team can swap positions at the gate

top 2 straight through

1st semi   4th v 5th pair

2nd semi  3rd v winner of 1st semi to decide the 3rd qualifying pair

Oh dear!!

Thats horrendous

• Like 2

3 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

Speedway doesn't fix things that are broken, but fixes something that isn't broken - the World Cup.

In my opinion, APART FROM THE JOKER RULE, the format for the WC was finally perfected after years of fiddling around with it.

Four nations, one rider from each in every race and wearing the same helmet colour throughout. Dead simple. Easy to understand for casual or new viewers tuning in and that's how it should be.

Forget about team riding, new viewers won't understand or care less about it.

This new competition is taking us backwards to a confusing, audience alienating format. 

Agree 100% Loved the old SWC format. Don't really keep up with the off track stuff but I just don't get why they would change it. In 2017 the semi finals were a bit unbalanced (GB very easy) but if anyone who saw the Sweden semi with Australia, Latvia, Denmark could watch that match and think the format needed changing must be crazy. Possibly the best match if 2017. 

Also why choose Wroclaw for the final? It's not a great track (although better in 2018 than 2017) when they could give it to Leszno, Czestochowa etc and guarantee better racing

Obviously will still watch it. Russia I think will edge it !

Another quick one, and it may be buried within this thread but Denmark team - why no Leon Madsen? I understand MJJ selection as he's been doing really well but I would have though Madsen would be the number 1 pick. I assume Pedersen is resting up after his injuries?

1 hour ago, Jacques said:

So hopefully that answers any questions. Increasing the fee to £5 seems a bit steep but I suppose BSI want to maximise any profit and would argue that it is a World Championship semi final. I never park on the street, it's not the best of areas.

• Like 1