British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

1 hour ago, James Carter said:

Another quick one, and it may be buried within this thread but Denmark team - why no Leon Madsen? I understand MJJ selection as he's been doing really well but I would have though Madsen would be the number 1 pick. I assume Pedersen is resting up after his injuries?

Neither Pedersen nor Madsen seem to want to ride whilst Nielsen is in charge.Well Nicki was dimplomatic and said he wants to give the young riders a chance....,.

Edited by iris123

3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Neither Pedersen nor Madsen seem to want to ride whilst Nielsen is in charge.Well Nicki was dimplomatic and said he wants to give the young riders a chance....,.

Funny, that's what Hancock said when he needs an excuse because he couldn't be Ars#d a couple of years ago.

• Like 2

On 9 February 2018 at 5:02 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

I HAVE enquired about the eventuality of a 3-3 ... no response yet

Semi finals work on the 4320 principal so one team may let a rider go and concentrate on minor places

17 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

Semi finals work on the 4320 principal so one team may let a rider go and concentrate on minor places

Yes.

Yet another sh!tty aspect of this poorly thought-out event.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

Where did you get that? Dont think so.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, INCOGNITO said:

DON'T think that is right

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, f-s-p said:

Where did you get that? Dont think so.

51 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DON'T think that is right

The guy's terminology may not be strictly correct in that points are not actually awarded 4320.

But he is correct about the outcome for a shared heat.

The FIM regulations part 9.3 subsection 2 makes it plain that in the event of a 3-3 in the final races of each meeting it is the second and third places men that WIN.

That has exactly the same effect as scoring what would be a 4-5 under the 4320 format.
So he IS right about the principal, which is what he said.

Whatever. The losers win.

A farce for an event with 'world championship' style protentions.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Does anyone actually care about this event? 

Seems to me to be a filler. Be suprised if there are more than 1500 in the crowd and why the hell Cook is riding is a complete mystery. The guy is out of his depth at international level. Stick Bewley in for experience, and if he fails Lambert can cover.

• Like 1

9.2 Tiea

3. If the scores are shared between the two teams taking part in the 
Race Offs heats 22 & 23. Final 2 heat 22 (Semi Final) and Final 2 heat 23 
(Grand Final), the team taking 2nd and 3rd position will be considered 
the better place team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Noodles said:

9.2 Tiea

3. If the scores are shared between the two teams taking part in the 
Race Offs heats 22 & 23. Final 2 heat 22 (Semi Final) and Final 2 heat 23 
(Grand Final), the team taking 2nd and 3rd position will be considered 
the better place team.

To add to this, if there’s a tie for qualification for the semi-final, the tie is determined initially by ‘who beat who’, if that heat was a 3-3 then the team taking second and third will be considered the better placed team.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Seems to me to be a filler. Be suprised if there are more than 1500 in the crowd and why the hell Cook is riding is a complete mystery. The guy is out of his depth at international level. Stick Bewley in for experience, and if he fails Lambert can cover.

Total crap as usual    Cook is struggling in the GPS warranted but unless you are Stevie Wonder surely even you have realised that Lambert has been superb this year.

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

when GB get to the fianl you will care Shovel.  

Edited by Mark

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You obviously missed the fact it’s an exciting new competition that’s never been seen before (except from 1969 to 1998)...

5 hours ago, Mark said:

when GB get to the fianl you will care Shovel.  

Perhaps.

And living in that fantasy world ...

Tai storms to a race win with the Poles trailing half a lap behind and setting for the minor places, and Cook nowhere.

How we would all laugh when the Polish crowd go mental with their 'win'.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No disrespect to the lad but if your argument that Cook is out of his depth at this level then I take it you think Dan Bewley would do a better job, I think not. Team GB have picked their best three riders.

• Like 1