British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

1 hour ago, Grand Central said:

Perhaps.

And living in that fantasy world ...

Tai storms to a race win with the Poles trailing half a lap behind and setting for the minor places, and Cook nowhere.

How we would all laugh when the Polish crowd go mental with their 'win'.

YOU don't win with the minor places. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

So is a 3 - 3 a draw and how do you decide on the winners? Do you have another final as a run off and ad infinitum until you get a 4 - 2 or a 5 - 1? Why is it never clear and simple in speedway?

7 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Why do you keep saying this?

The FIM regulations for the event say that you do.

Please read them.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Unless you have an astute team manager, who gives his riders the right instructions.:rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Unless you have an astute team manager, who gives his riders the right instructions.:rolleyes:

That is where we have the advantage on the others then!!! lol

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Sorry Philip, you are normally correct but on this occasion not(page 26 of the SON rules)

3. If the scores are shared between the two teams taking part in the Race Offs heats 22 & 23. Final 2 heat 22 (Semi Final) and Final 2 heat 23 (Grand Final), the team taking 2nd and 3rd position will be considered the better place team.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Does anyone actually care about this event? 

Seems to me to be a filler. Be suprised if there are more than 1500 in the crowd and why the hell Cook is riding is a complete mystery. The guy is out of his depth at international level. Stick Bewley in for experience, and if he fails Lambert can cover.

Don't think there is any interest at all in this event, think you might be overestimating the crowd number too, overpriced, Tuesday night, no publicity, shambles from the word go.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Sorry Philip, you are normally correct but on this occasion not(page 26 of the SON rules)

3. If the scores are shared between the two teams taking part in the Race Offs heats 22 & 23. Final 2 heat 22 (Semi Final) and Final 2 heat 23 (Grand Final), the team taking 2nd and 3rd position will be considered the better place team.

This must settle it? And expose it as a joke competition. Thankfully the rest of the world won't know about it.

Why oh why have they made it so complicated, scoring 4 3 2 it would all be decided over 21 heats, any ties Involving the top 3 to be sorted by when they met each other in the heats. 

6 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Why oh why have they made it so complicated, scoring 4 3 2 it would all be decided over 21 heats, any ties Involving the top 3 to be sorted by when they met each other in the heats. 

Because it’s a “ made for TV “ competition and for that we need single race drama for it to be successful - building up to a climax. However it’s bound to end in tears with an exclusion in the final !!!

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

This must settle it? And expose it as a joke competition. Thankfully the rest of the world won't know about it.

I KNOW that but each race is 3/2/1/0. Bonus points only come in if there is a tie for semis. No different to a count back in the SGP. I have been told repeatedly (kept asking question) that the team taking first place in the final will be the winner. If it does prove to be the shambles some on here predict then its future will be seriously in doubt. We will know in eight days.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

BECAUSE the winner of a race should at least have an equal division of the spoils. 

8 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I KNOW that but each race is 3/2/1/0. Bonus points only come in if there is a tie for semis. No different to a count back in the SGP. I have been told repeatedly (kept asking question) that the team taking first place in the final will be the winner. If it does prove to be the shambles some on here predict then its future will be seriously in doubt. We will know in eight days.

Who has told you that the winning rider in the final wins the comp ? I suggest that you now can tell them they are wrong - after all it’s no difference to 4,3,2,0 - 2nd and 3rd beats 1st and last !!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BECAUSE the winner of a race should at least have an equal division of the spoils. 

Not sure I agree with you, I think it depends on the type of event, this is a pairs event so should be suited accordingly.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

No no no ...

We know NOW.

The FIM regulations are published and online for everyone to see. They will be adhered to without question.

What on earth is the point in keeping asking the same daft question of people who are clearly giving you the wrong answer when the truth is written in 12 point black and white for anyone and everyone to read?

Edited by Grand Central