British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

This competition seems to contain all that is gloriously futile for it to be looked on as a professional sport. Unless we are saying This event is a pairs competition and so the result of the pair is more important than the winning rider of the final. Surely it's better to have no semi final and final and just let every pair have five races? Or even better score 4/3/2/1. The barminess of speedway.

THEN some FIM officials like me don't know their arse from their elbow. A nonsense in my view. The onus should always be on winning a race. As Billy Bremner entitled his autobiography: You get nought for being second.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THEN some FIM officials like me don't know their arse from their elbow. A nonsense in my view. The onus should always be on winning a race. As Billy Bremner entitled his autobiography: You get nought for being second.

Presumably the pair coming in 2nd and 3rd are really 1st then? As you were told "team" then it's correct - the two Poles following Woffy to the line really have won.

Edited by waytogo28
Additional point made
  • Like 1

2a. In the event of equal points for two teams after the conclusion of the heat 42, the team that scored the most points when the two teams met will be considered the better placed team.
2b. If the tie cannot be decided by 2a. The team scoring the higher number of bonus points will be considered the better placed team.
2c. In the event of equal points for three or more teams, after the conclusion of the qualification heats, the team scoring the higher number of bonus points will be considered the better placed team.

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

2a. In the event of equal points for two teams after the conclusion of the heat 42, the team that scored the most points when the two teams met will be considered the better placed team.
2b. If the tie cannot be decided by 2a. The team scoring the higher number of bonus points will be considered the better placed team.
2c. In the event of equal points for three or more teams, after the conclusion of the qualification heats, the team scoring the higher number of bonus points will be considered the better placed team.

Thanks. That's clear now. 

10 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I agree completely.

But, as I have been saying for months, the FIM have created a monstrous mess.

And here we are right at the start of the Mickey mouse event and people are seemingly only just realising extent of the stupidity that has come out of Geneva (or Italy, perhaps).

• Like 1

3. If the scores are shared between the two teams taking part in the Race Offs heats 22 & 23. Final 2 heat 22 (Semi Final) and Final 2 heat 23 (Grand Final), the team taking 2nd and 3rd position will be considered the better place team.

Is there any tactical options e.g joker or double points in operation tonight?

With the SWC although many did not like the "joker" at least we had a straight 20 heats straight fight out. With the SON picture the scene in Wroclaw a week tonight- we have had 43 races(over 2 days) building up to the "winner takes all " final( actually 2nd and 3rd in this case !!!) and it`s Poland versus ANO. The full house of partisan Polish fans are going mad with the expectation on seeing their boys lift the trophy and Magic`s bike cuts out  with 5 secs left on the clock and is excluded - will the race ever start ?- there will be a mini riot !!!

" In front of the starting tape, a countdown clock is placed on the infield indicating the remainder of the 2 minutes time allowance. If, in the opinion of the Referee, any Rider or Riders are not ready to start when the 2 minutes time allowance has expired or are not under the control of the Starting Marshal, they shall be disqualified from the heat. The disqualified Rider or Riders shall not be replaced."

and this( different scenario but equally same result)- rider thrown out.

8.4 Unsatisfactory Start Starts will be carried out in accordance with Regulation 70.10.5 Where, in the opinion of the Referee, a start has been incorrect then he will immediately stop the race and order a restart. The Referee will give a warning to any rider deemed to have been the cause of or contributed to the unsatisfactory start. This will be communicated verbally by the Race Director before the race is restarted. In circumstances where the referee is of the opinion that an offence has been committed but the offending rider has gained no advantage and is deemed not to have interfered with any other rider in the same heat, the Referee may allow the heat to continue and issue the warning after the heat is completed. In these circumstances the offending rider must be informed before leaving the pits for his/her next heat. Any starting offence committed after a warning has been given in the same meeting under this Regulation will result in the disqualification of the rider from that race. This will be signified by the showing of his disqualification light by the Referee. The Reserve Rider will not be permitted to take the place of any rider disqualified for starting offences.

In my opinion if they wanted to go down this " final race" format then they should have made it best of 3 final races. any scenario`s like above would at least give the team another chance and could actually build up the climax if the final stood at 1 race all !! 

Edited by racers and royals
  • Thanks 1

Or even better if someone should beat the Poles fair and square. We can only hope! Go Go Lambo and the other two - Woffy and Cookie sounds like a song. even a chant .Sorry that is just too "dinosaur" but OK in Poland.

Who will win tonight? Algeria is who I have my money on. Watch out for unheard of nations!

Watch out for Chugo and the other Russians.

Edited by waytogo28

So Hancock's gracing this event then? I thought he was all about giving the youngers a chance? Guess it suits him to ride tonight to try and find some form. 

• Like 2

Are the gates as per the website.

As an example, Huckenbeck appears to be off gates 1 and 2 only?

I think Lambert will take most of Cook's rides in Poland.

8 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

Are the gates as per the website.

As an example, Huckenbeck appears to be off gates 1 and 2 only?

No check out the race card links on the race card thread- the teams can swap the riders around  within the 1 and 3 and 2 and 4 positions at any time( ie each team have 3  - 1 and 3 and 3  -2 and 4 gates over the 21 heats)

Edited by racers and royals
  • Thanks 1