British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Bit previous aren`t you ;)

We'll get through from Manchester without much fuss.   Cook goes well there and if he has a bad night Lambert is at peak at the moment.

Riders schould not be excluded for a tapes offence, especially in this pairs event. Imagine this happening in any of the semi-finals or final heats, when one rider on his own can't beat the other pair, even if he wins the race!

Any offending rider should be penalised with a 15m handicap for the re-start, but no exclusion. 

2 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Riders schould not be excluded for a tapes offence, especially in this pairs event. Imagine this happening in any of the semi-finals or final heats, when one rider on his own can't beat the other pair, even if he wins the race!

Any offending rider should be penalised with a 15m handicap for the re-start, but no exclusion. 

Oh, that would be very sensible.

BUT it is not what the FIM have given us.

Any offence from two minutes, tape touching or a second warning being given immediately creates a pointless race or final as substitutes are not allowed or 15m handicap.

Just a three rider race with the result a foregone conclusion.

Edge of the seat stuff for TV.

Even for Speedway authorities this is stupidity on a scale not see before.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

Oh, that would be very sensible.

BUT it is not what the FIM have given us.

Any offence from two minutes, tape touching or a second warning being given immediately creates a pointless race or final as substitutes are not allowed or 15m handicap.

Just a three rider race with the result a foregone conclusion.

Edge of the seat stuff for TV.

Even for Speedway authorities this is stupidity on a scale not see before.

You  have forgotten one thing- the team with the extra rider still have to finish the race although  poodling around at the back. Just consider the excitement if one has an ef on the 3rd lap, will he be lapped  and excluded or can he get to the finish line in time so he isn`t lapped. !!

5 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

You  have forgotten one thing- the team with the extra rider still have to finish the race although  poodling around at the back. Just consider the excitement if one has an ef on the 3rd lap, will he be lapped  and excluded or can he get to the finish line in time so he isn`t lapped. !!

You're quite right.

That is EXACTLY the sort of random misfortune that is meant to provide the hugely exciting  climax to a week long international festival of Speedway.

Worth the admission fee alone. And again great TV.

Speedway out of the top drawer, some might say.

What time does this shambles start?

8 minutes ago, Mr X said:

What time does this shambles start?

I hope it isn’t a shambles, I want it to be a success but I do want the SWC back, this for whatever reason doesn’t capture the spectacle for me, let’s just hope for some decent racing and on Tuesday a decent crowd 

• Like 1

I agree Dean.   With the final being run over 2 days (a dismal attendance is sure to be expected on day 1) and the winners coming out of just 1 final heat on day 2 is all a bit pantomime to me.

Edited by Mr X

And me 3, we'll see how it pans out....

16 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I agree Dean.   With the final being run over 2 days (a dismal attendance is sure to be expected on day 1) and the winners coming out of just 1 final heat on day 2 is all a bit pantomime to me.

Oh No it isn't! Oh Yes......

It;s gonna be fabulous...

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

Oh No it isn't! Oh Yes......

"Oh no, children; have you seen Craig Cook?"

"Behind you!"

Did I really just say that??? :o

Steve