British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

10 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

Yes but yet again, BSI know this.

And they chose it, nonetheless.

Stop making excuses for people equipped with making better decisions. But either dont, or simply can't.

WHEN was I making an excuse for Teterow?

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Clear if you read the rules, which Nigel and kelvin were clear about. Glad that's sorted.

Pity they didn`t read these 2 rules which i posted yesterday afternoon- They might have known that the reserve cannot come in for starting offences.

" In front of the starting tape, a countdown clock is placed on the infield indicating the remainder of the 2 minutes time allowance. If, in the opinion of the Referee, any Rider or Riders are not ready to start when the 2 minutes time allowance has expired or are not under the control of the Starting Marshal, they shall be disqualified from the heat. The disqualified Rider or Riders shall not be replaced."

8.4 Unsatisfactory Start Starts will be carried out in accordance with Regulation 70.10.5 Where, in the opinion of the Referee, a start has been incorrect then he will immediately stop the race and order a restart. The Referee will give a warning to any rider deemed to have been the cause of or contributed to the unsatisfactory start. This will be communicated verbally by the Race Director before the race is restarted. In circumstances where the referee is of the opinion that an offence has been committed but the offending rider has gained no advantage and is deemed not to have interfered with any other rider in the same heat, the Referee may allow the heat to continue and issue the warning after the heat is completed. In these circumstances the offending rider must be informed before leaving the pits for his/her next heat. Any starting offence committed after a warning has been given in the same meeting under this Regulation will result in the disqualification of the rider from that race. This will be signified by the showing of his disqualification light by the Referee. The Reserve Rider will not be permitted to take the place of any rider disqualified for starting offences

4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

That's quite cute.

When you prefaced your comment by saying you weren't making excuses for Teterow, but continued to go on and do EXACTLY that.

That's when.

10 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

That's quite cute.

When you prefaced your comment by saying you weren't making excuses for Teterow, but continued to go on and do EXACTLY that.

That's when.

BEEN called many things but never cute. Was trying to point out, unsuccessfully it seems, how tough the working conditions at Teterow were and will be again for KT and NP.

30 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

A think a couple of years ago, when after quite a few complaints about the organisation of the first GP there, you said lessons will be learned. 

Well have they? :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BEEN called many things but never cute. Was trying to point out, unsuccessfully it seems, how tough the working conditions at Teterow were and will be again for KT and NP.

I have not spent a moment criticising KT and NP.

Their working conditions were entirely due to BSI making poor decisions.

And they had the power to make those better, at Teterow or elsewhere.

They are the ones at fault. From beginning to end.

To make helpful noises for the comms by blaming Teterow's poor facilities is to misplace where blame should be apportioned.

BSI.

• Like 1

Dreadful decision to change the WTC format for a Pairs event. What were they thinking? Poland were too dominant?  4 individual riders going for it will always deliver over 2 team riders content to sit 2nd & 3rd. They had a decent product, only essential was to ditch the ridiculous joker. 

• Like 3

Dimitri Berge seems to be carrying injury since May 21st Abensberg crash.

Anyone with knowledge if France can replace him (rules permitting)?

Or maybe he is fit and ready now?

Edited by krompa

9 hours ago, iainb said:

We all make mistakes and as long as we learn from them that's good, to say huge commentary gaffe is just as ridiculous, I only pointed out your typo to illustrate how easy it is to make a mistake, nobody died, it's probably an indication of the interest in the speedway that was on offer that there's all this hysteria of a small gaffe. He made a mistake and acknowledged it, he'll make more mistakes as will we all, for people to suggest he should lose his job over it is just sick (and not good sick)

Supposing a surgeon messed up an operation he was undertaking on you or someone drove into you on a zebra crossingf. I think the 'we all make mistakes' rubbish would soon stop, eh?

The entire point I'm making is that this one should not have happened and of course should be prevented from happening again.

There I've made it as plain as possible. If you can't understand after all this then it's your problem. Yes we all make mistakes. Mine was talking to you, obviously.

"We all make mistakes" x 256

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

LINDGREN v Woffinden might just add to that ... might also attract a few Wolves fans who are missing seeing their former top two in live action.

One race, possibly two. Is that enough?

43 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Dreadful decision to change the WTC format for a Pairs event. What were they thinking? Poland were too dominant?  4 individual riders going for it will always deliver over 2 team riders content to sit 2nd & 3rd. They had a decent product, only essential was to ditch the ridiculous joker. 

Yes, I really can't see how Poland are going to be any less dominant. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Yes, I really can't see how Poland are going to be any less dominant. 

Really? That Russian team suddenly looks alot stronger im not even sure id make the poles favourites and theres no way id say that if was the old system.. that said i still dont like this competition 

• Like 2

I didn't know the top two went straight through to the final, you would have thought Nigel would have reminded us.

29 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Really? That Russian team suddenly looks alot stronger im not even sure id make the poles favourites and theres no way id say that if was the old system.. that said i still dont like this competition 

You could be right.

I will be cheering for GB nonetheless, as always.

But part of me still hopes that the Poles will storm it.

If certain people in power ended a world class competition because the Poles were deemed likely to win again.
And then set about creating an inferior bogus replacement competition structured so as to reduce the Poles' chance of winning
Then that deserves to fail.

Unlikely, but possible?

Bearing in mind this is 2 days….

Team A score 12 x 3-3 (2nd & 3rd) = 36 points.

Team B score 10 x 5-1 + 2x 3-3 (1st & 4th against Team A) =56 points

Team A ‘win’ Heat 43 (2nd & 3rd) 39 total.

Team A ‘win’ Grand Final (2nd & 3rd) Total 42 points.

Team B (1st & 4th in the Final) Total 59 points!!

Team A lift trophy having never provided a heat winner!

• Thanks 1