9th 4’500. -
10th 4’000. -
11th 4’000. -
12th 3’500. -
13th 3’500. -
14th 3’500. –
15th 3’500. -
Total 132’000.-

Can i suggest that at these pay rates it`s clear why we now have a pairs event with a young rider at reserve. - The SWC went from 5 riders down to 4 and now it`s down to  2 to split the money- the young reserve is happy to come along for the experience in most cases.

On 6/3/2018 at 4:41 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

BUT he is in a studio. KT and NP have to speak non-stop for the duration because there are no breaks in the world feed coverage. Teterow is particularly testing because the commentary position is poor. In fact they cannot see riders coming off the fourth bend. And being outside it is very noisy plus having talk-back in one ear and the director in the other. 

.... ahhh, finally we have a convenient excuse for the screaming shouty monkey noises that eminates from his mouth!!.... He obviously doesn't realise he is shouting as he can't hear himself. And to think that all this time I thought it was him just being unprofessional and over hyping the action!!.... Apologies Nigel, how on earth could I have been so oblivious to the truth?!! 

31 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

.... ahhh, finally we have a convenient excuse for the screaming shouty monkey noises that eminates from his mouth!!.... He obviously doesn't realise he is shouting as he can't hear himself. And to think that all this time I thought it was him just being unprofessional and over hyping the action!!.... Apologies Nigel, how on earth could I have been so oblivious to the truth?!! 

THERE is a lot of utter rubbish spouted on here but this one probably takes the biscuit... congratulations

• Like 8

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Can i suggest that at these pay rates it`s clear why we now have a pairs event with a young rider at reserve. - The SWC went from 5 riders down to 4 and now it`s down to  2 to split the money- the young reserve is happy to come along for the experience in most cases.

Gmaps says its 2703 km from Helsinki to Machester. Like you say, I’d do it. Jumping. For the Xperience. AND BACK via Wroclaw, with that bundle of dosh.

• Like 1

Jyri Palomäki has been doing for about 10 years now.

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THERE is a lot of utter rubbish spouted on here but this one probably takes the biscuit... congratulations

No probably about it. 

Those 2 take undue and unnecessary amounts of flak. I think they both do a terrific job. 

Granted, a couple of errors at the weekend of which Nigel instantly apologised using social media. Nicholls also made an error. 

Perhaps it's the farcical format that needs addressing and not the 2 who are their upmost for the sport. 

• Like 6

On 6/2/2018 at 8:31 PM, salty said:

But they're doing their jobs wrong aren't they - or Nigel is anyway. Telling us before Heat 21 that Slovenia and Latvia were both out and Ukraine were in Heat 22. Keeping the score correct shouldn't be beyond the capabilities of the commentator should it?

Have you never made an error in your life? 

Or do you do everything absolutely perfectly, every single time? 

Not the

6 minutes ago, acef said:

Have you never made an error in your life? 

Or do you do everything absolutely perfectly, every single time? 

Not the point. A professional sports presenter/commentator shouldn't be making such a basic error. Last day of the Football season when promotion/relegation scenarios are changing all the time the comms teams always seem to be on the ball. 

As it happens I think the Nige/Kelv partnership do a good job, but it was a bit of a ricket to not realise that Heat 21 still had a strong bearing on the meeting.

By the way tomorrow I will be on the mike for about an hour and a half hosting a presentation in front of about 150. No doubt I'll make a mistake at some point!

As an ex rider Kelvin should have noticed the mistake straight away as he has been in numerous meetings where he had to keep an eye on the score chart to know what is needed to secure qualifying for next round or winning the meeting. The fact they went on about it for about ten minutes was crazy.

The funniest thing in a way is had Latvia have gained a 3-3 by getting the minor places in heat 21 then Ukraine would have not only not qualified but would have finished bottom below both Slovenia and Latvia

1 hour ago, salty said:

Not the

Not the point. A professional sports presenter/commentator shouldn't be making such a basic error. Last day of the Football season when promotion/relegation scenarios are changing all the time the comms teams always seem to be on the ball. 

As it happens I think the Nige/Kelv partnership do a good job, but it was a bit of a ricket to not realise that Heat 21 still had a strong bearing on the meeting.

By the way tomorrow I will be on the mike for about an hour and a half hosting a presentation in front of about 150. No doubt I'll make a mistake at some point!

To be fair, the football comms team has the information supplied to them. Or you would see a lot more cock ups. Hence, in the past, before it was so easy to present commentators with data, there were a lot more mistakes made in live commentary.

Yes, Pearson and Tatum were wrong, but surely they should have someone on hand to provide them with the correct information and point out any errors they have made regarding scoring.

• Like 1

Today's meeting should be a lot better. A super track and riders that have done well at BV in the past. Plenty of spoilers in Milik, Covatti, Bellego Lahti and Berge. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BWitcher said:

To be fair, the football comms team has the information supplied to them. Or you would see a lot more cock ups. Hence, in the past, before it was so easy to present commentators with data, there were a lot more mistakes made in live commentary.

Yes, Pearson and Tatum were wrong, but surely they should have someone on hand to provide them with the correct information and point out any errors they have made regarding scoring.

To be fair the TV feed had the correct scores displayed, but I agree its daft that Pearson and Tatum are having to rely on their own scoring. I'm sure someone mentioned earlier in this thread that in the early days of Sky's coverage Bryn Williams used to make sure that Tony Millard was kept au fait with the permutations of the scorecharts.