British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Team gb have blown this. Odds against going through. Hope I am wrong.

Keep the faith:t::).Who's Lindgren ayway:D

Poor 1st half but 2nd half of the meeting has been fantastic... and the lesser nations have been very much part of it.

Great riding from Woffinden and Lambert there. Lambert did superbly to keep Lindgren back for as long as he did.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jacques said:

What a race! Lambert needs to stay in! Boom!

Cookie was only there because he rides for the Aces

Just now, paulboy said:

What a gate Robert Lambert, not sure Cookie’s going to see much action in the final

Shouldn’t have been chosen in the first place.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Who would you have gone with, Bewley?

Well, well, well...

A great ride from both of them!  Another "ruthless" move from Lindgren there, although Lambert was quite happy to mix it.

Steve

• Like 1

I'm still no fan of Woffy, but total respect to him tonight, one of only 2 riders that looked for their team mate. The other incidentally was Lambert in the race with the Swedes.

still found the whole format boring .

• Like 1

Tbh Cook had one ride and came 3rd no one knows what he would of done the rest of the meeting at least he contributed a point towards the cause

• Like 2

Not a classic but as is the case with most Speedway meetings got better as it went on 

4 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Poor 1st half but 2nd half of the meeting has been fantastic... and the lesser nations have been very much part of it.

I've often wondered if speedway would be better if you actually started the meeting after ten or so races...

Steve

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Can’t totally disagree with that although understand why he was on his home track, I think the next best option might have been Bewley? Hell of a leap for a kid

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

Tbh Cook had one ride and came 3rd no one knows what he would of done the rest of the meeting at least he contributed a point towards the cause

The problem is that he was on a warning, so keeping him in could have been risky...

Steve

Just now, Tex said:

Not a classic but as is the case with most Speedway meetings got better as it went on 

Always wondered why they don't get a couple of non meeting riders completing 20  laps or so each half an hour before each meeting...

It will turn the track over, a quick track grade and off you go...

Just now, chunky said:

I've often wondered if speedway would be better if you actually started the meeting after ten or so races...

Steve

Think it just got better as the 2nd half of the meeting seemed to have more even sides in each of the races.