British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

7 minutes ago, tyler42 said:

MO i think it would have better for Cook to stand down (illness or injured) to save him the embarrassment of just standing around like a spare p•••k at a wedding and put the young boy Bewley in at reserve. Let's face it he will have as much chance of a ride as Cook would have in the final

Why? 

Had he done well in his first ride I don't think Rosco would have made a change, or wanted to make a change.

11 minutes ago, tyler42 said:

The stupid rule where you have to keep the same three riders other than illness or injury for the final. Could see the farce of Cook not even getting a ride over the two day final (barring Injury's or mishaps to the other two)

How is that stupid? Makes it far fairer. Helps give teams with a smaller talent pool (such as GB) compete against the teams with a larger one.

12 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

Why? 

Had he done well in his first ride I don't think Rosco would have made a change, or wanted to make a change.

and If My Auntie had balls.....

Fact is Cookie has not started the season well.  In The GP he has been blown away, even when he has made the gate Riders have gone past him like he was standing still to leave him tailed off at that back.  

Whether its the rider, the machinery or a bit of both he isn't the rider he was last season.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

Why? 

I agree with you, but third was not a bad ride first ride. If Rosco didn't wan't to make a change, then why did he not give Cook the chance to ride in his second heat against the Finns

3 minutes ago, semion said:

Fact is Cookie has not started the season well.  In The GP he has been blown away, even when he has made the gate Riders have gone past him like he was standing still to leave him tailed off at that back.  

Whether its the rider, the machinery or a bit of both he isn't the rider he was last season.  

Easy for me to say but Cook wont put the bike where there is a chance of a clash.     He rides over safe and at this level it gets you zero points.

I like Cookie, but with a warning against him it made perfect sense to replace him in the next and the rest as they say is history. Lambert performed so couldn't be dropped. Imagine the comments on here if Rosco had left Cook in, or put him back in for rides 4/5 and he hadn't performed (for whatever reason). I'm no fan of Rosco  but last night he did what was best for the team as a whole and that is quite simply the role of a team manager. Do the best for the team without fear or favour.

• Like 1

Points make prizes.

The fact the GB team are through to the finals is proof those in charge made the right call on the night. I wonder how many people on here would supporting Mr Cook had the management kept faith with him and the team had failed to get through

4 minutes ago, Aces High said:

How is that stupid? Makes it far fairer. Helps give teams with a smaller talent pool (such as GB) compete against the teams with a larger one.

So you're saying, we should pander to the weaker teams to make the sport more fair? once again let's water down the sport so the the weaker teams have a better chance. 

So come Saturday when one of the more favoured teams are about 20 odd pts in front of one of the lesser teams and one of the lesser teams somehow make the final and the favoured team has a mishap and the team who were 20pts behind end up being World Champions.

That to you makes the whole thing fairer?  Trying selling that to the people who might tune on Saturday. 

16 minutes ago, semion said:

100% agree with you, so it begs the question. Why pick him in the first place?

3 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I like Cookie, but with a warning against him it made perfect sense to replace him in the next and the rest as they say is history. Lambert performed so couldn't be dropped. Imagine the comments on here if Rosco had left Cook in, or put him back in for rides 4/5 and he hadn't performed (for whatever reason). I'm no fan of Rosco  but last night he did what was best for the team as a whole and that is quite simply the role of a team manager. Do the best for the team without fear or favour.

Well said that lady, it's all about doing the best for the team.   Apparently Cook himself said to Rossiter that he should put Lambert out when he was considering options later in the meeting, Craig's not daft, as gutted as he must have been he still knew what was the right move.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hulvik said:

Points make prizes.

The fact the GB team are through to the finals is proof those in charge made the right call on the night. I wonder how many people on here would supporting Mr Cook had the management kept faith with him and the team had failed to get through

No problem having Lambert in front of Cook.   Current form says that is an easy pick.   But why embarass Cook with one ride and then drop him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Well said that lady, it's all about doing the best for the team.   Apparently Cook himself said to Rossiter that he should put Lambert out when he was considering options later in the meeting, Craig's not daft, as gutted as he must have been he still knew what was the right move.

That is lack of self belief from Cook and the manager added to that loss by the way its been handled.

7 minutes ago, Mark said:

No problem having Lambert in front of Cook.   Current form says that is an easy pick.   But why embarass Cook with one ride and then drop him.

And more than likely will be a spectator in the final! 

I wonder if Cook looked quick enough in practise, I guess the answer must be yes otherwise why did Roscoe start with him ?  I guess once Rosco had gone with him he had to start him.   In the one race Cook had he looked a little trigger happy ( hence the warning)  but once the race was under way he made little to no impression on the rider in 2nd race.  In contrast Lambert totally messed up in one race being left at the back and only just failed to follow Wuffy Home.

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Aint  no   numpty  pal just telling like it is i suggest u watch the first race the  brits had woffy was head down arse up.and away , to drop craig after one 3rd place was uncalled for ,and i know because i was their were u ?

No I wasn't, so as such I am in a much better position to give an opinion. You saw things once, in real time, I saw them several times, in slow motion.

Well done for ruining your own argument.. not that you had one.

We understand. You're a bitter Belle Vue fan, still seething over losing the league in 2016. That's all there is to it.