British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

19 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Is the NSS the kind of track you can slow down a race? Far too many lines available I would think

From a layman's point of view I don't see why not. Block one rider so your partner can pass. Let the other go past you. Second and third wins the race.

Any truth that next time this competition is run, of course that is if it' ran again 

That all teams have to have 3 riders ?

Though to a simpleton like myself it should've been a given for this year. I mean if you're  minor nation and can't name 3 suitable riders you should've been refused the opportunity to race on signing in at the track. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

So why did you say anything, Philip?

Once again it's a case of "I know something but I'm not telling!"

Keep it shut if you haven't got anything to say in full

WHERE'S the fun in that?

• Haha 1

Will Great Britain have a new team manager for next years competition? 

Edited by DSC67

57 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Is the NSS the kind of track you can slow down a race? Far too many lines available I would think

Well Woffinden did.

48 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Any truth that next time this competition is run, of course that is if it' ran again 

That all teams have to have 3 riders ?

Though to a simpleton like myself it should've been a given for this year. I mean if you're  minor nation and can't name 3 suitable riders you should've been refused the opportunity to race on signing in at the track. 

I would also want the team to use all three riders, where every member of the team has to have at least one ride. 

1 hour ago, topsoil said:

It is tricky due to it’s size and the lines it offers and probably the reason we didn’t see any team riding as we know it. 

With the track being so wet for the first two or three races you could have done it then by slowing whilst on the inside and offering your opponent a chance round the outside thus filling him in. I doubt anybody would have tried the outside for this reason but it would have been fun to see how slow the race could get. 

Shame nobody tried it. 

I think the final stages of this tournament will be great and much better than recent WTC finals which Poland used to  dominate. In other WTC finals it was very easy to predict the heat winners  but this weekend in will not be so easy , Looking forward to a great final

1 hour ago, DSC67 said:

Hope so

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DSC67 said:

Yes and quite frankly if you listen to his reactions after the meeting at Belle Vue he had little to do all day and the back room staff were organising things and Rosco admitted he just sat back 

Next year I'm sure there will be a new manager as Rosco had to be kept on for the first 12 months as part of the agreement in the new take over

Edited by INCOGNITO

5 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

Yes and quite frankly if you listen to his reactions after the meeting at Belle Vue he had little to do all day and the back room staff were organising things and Rosco admitted he just sat back 

Next year I'm sure there will be a new manager as Rosco had to be kept on for the first 12 months as part of the agreement in the new take over

I also feel that Rosco leaving was part of Woffys reason for returning 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

Let's be honest who is better than Rossiter to take over nobody !!!! Rosco takes crap,Middleditch another one slated his managerial record  speaks for itself that is  set  stone is this job going to be a poison chalice.Rosco has made mistakes we all do but he calls it right on a high percentage of times for me we have Woffinden,Lambert,Cook,Bewley,S.Worrall( if he is the same) not a bad basis to move forward with Rossiter in charge.Look over the years some riders/ managers have not seen eye to eye but do it because they are representing there country have pride for me i don't see anybody replacing Rossiter not on merit anyway.

Edited by Sidney the robin

I cant see why, from his point of view, that he decided to carry on with the job this year.

Once it was obvious the way things were shifting with the new regime and the return of the prodigal one.

Wasn't that the time to go for your own self respect ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Let's be honest who is better than Rossiter to take over nobody !!!! Rosco takes crap,Middleditch another one slated his managerial record  speaks for itself set  in stone is this job going to be a poison chalice.Rosco has made mistakes we all do but he calls it right on a high percentage of times for me we have Woffinden,Lambert,Cook,Bewley,S.Worrall( if he is the same) not a bad basis to move forward with Rossiter in charge.

Watch next year and in moving forward it's the likes of Bickley, Kemp, Flint etc that are the ones to be training and they are having sessions already with Woffinden and Schlein giving them tips on all aspects.