British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

1 minute ago, INCOGNITO said:

Watch next year and in moving forward it's the likes of Bickley, Kemp, Flint etc that are the ones to be training and they are having sessions already with Woffinden and Schlein giving them tips on all aspects. 

We are all hopeful but let's not get to far ahead of ourselves we are light years behind and a few tips here and there and gaining an advantage fitness wise means nothing.We need test matches days of practice like the Poles and extra sessions will we organise that.?  ( or be aloud to do it probably no)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Let's be honest who is better than Rossiter to take over nobody !!!! Rosco takes crap,Middleditch another one slated his managerial record  speaks for itself set  in stone is this job going to be a poison chalice.Rosco has made mistakes we all do but he calls it right on a high percentage of times for me we have Woffinden,Lambert,Cook,Bewley,S.Worrall( if he is the same) not a bad basis to move forward with Rossiter in charge.

With Great Britain now taken over by a full time franchise Rosco has to go. Thing's are moving in a more professional direction and the way he behaved regarding Cook was unacceptable. 

IMO the team management position should go to either Rob Lyon, Neil Vatcher or Olly Allen. Even more radical would be Rory Schlein. 

These guys are absolutely fantastic with our British youth rider's, inventive with their training and 100% inclusive of every rider they have. These guys are the real future of British Speedway.

I'm 100% behind Rob Painter and Vicky Blackwell, if what they've shown so far is to go by, us fans may have something to cheer about in the not too distant future.

1 hour ago, mickthemuppet said:

I think the final stages of this tournament will be great and much better than recent WTC finals which Poland used to  dominate. In other WTC finals it was very easy to predict the heat winners  but this weekend in will not be so easy , Looking forward to a great final

I think this tells a slightly different story. 

2012     Målilla :    Denmark (39 pts)     Australia (36 pts)     Russia (30 pts)
2013     Prague :    Poland (41 pts)     Denmark (40 pts)     Australia (34 pts)
2014     Bydgoszcz:     Denmark (38 pts)     Poland (37 pts)     Australia (36 pts)
2015     Vojens:     Sweden (34 pts)     Denmark (32 pts)     Poland (27 pts)
2016     Manchester:     Poland (39 pts)     Great Britain (32 pts)     Sweden (30 pts)
2017     Leszno:     Poland (50 pts)     Sweden (42 pts)     Russia (18 pts)

Maybe last years final was a bit of a two horse race, but as you can see, it's not always gone Polands way

22 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

These guys are absolutely fantastic with our British youth rider's, inventive with their training and 100% inclusive of every rider they have. These guys are the real future of British Speedway.

I'm 100% behind Rob Painter and Vicky Blackwell, if what they've shown so far is to go by, us fans may have something to cheer about in the not too distant future.

Got to be honest I just don’t get what they do, I understand what they want to achieve but I find all this althlete stuff a massive bore and really I couldn’t care less about it, I don’t like rossiter as GB manager but he is the manager and to have all these people dictating what goes on is wrong, it’s rossiters job and his job only and also to have seemingly one rider dictating how things are is also wrong, 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 5

I think the final will give some great racing and a close finish with a few nations in with a chance halfway through Day 2.   

Weather forecast not so good now.   Chance of rain on Saturday evening.   https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/3081363

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

With Great Britain now taken over by a full time franchise Rosco has to go. Thing's are moving in a more professional direction and the way he behaved regarding Cook was unacceptable. 

IMO the team management position should go to either Rob Lyon, Neil Vatcher or Olly Allen. Even more radical would be Rory Schlein. 

Rob Lyon really?????? not a hope          Vatcher he has my full respect he stays in his-current position a great bloke done one hell of a job great with the youth and he is one hell of a asset to Team GB.Ok Rossiter is not everybody's cup of tea myself included i don't particularly get on well with him but i do respect him though.Another point is Woffinden does not run the show? he rides because he wants to if not stay in exile like i said before unless regular test matches are held and regular training sessions on the riding side  are held i don't see us competing to win thing's for a long time.

Edited by Sidney the robin

5 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Let's be honest who is better than Rossiter to take over nobody !!!! Rosco takes crap,Middleditch another one slated his managerial record  speaks for itself that is  set  stone is this job going to be a poison chalice.Rosco has made mistakes we all do but he calls it right on a high percentage of times for me we have Woffinden,Lambert,Cook,Bewley,S.Worrall( if he is the same) not a bad basis to move forward with Rossiter in charge.Look over the years some riders/ managers have not seen eye to eye but do it because they are representing there country have pride for me i don't see anybody replacing Rossiter not on merit anyway.

Whose better than Rossiter, Peter Adams in all departments!

Stewart Dickson ? 

Nice, subtle piece of trolling from the editor of Speedway Star there, to get everyone having a go at Rosco.

The fact is, Tai is back in the side and has said nothing negative, so maybe others should keep their gobs shut.

Rooboy to manage Team Great Britain? Perhaps the right attitude but his heart lies far away and despite the paperwork, he will always be an Aussie through and through.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Got to be honest I just don’t get what they do, I understand what they want to achieve but I find all this althlete stuff a massive bore and really I couldn’t care less about it, I don’t like rossiter as GB manager but he is the manager and to have all these people dictating what goes on is wrong, it’s rossiters job and his job only and also to have seemingly one rider dictating how things are is also wrong, 

They seem to be basing their approach on the Team Sky (cycling) approach of marginal gains. If you want to succeed at world level these days it's what you have to do, gone are the days of rolling up to a match with a bike on the back of your car, hitting the bar afterwards and shooting through maccies on the way home, if you want to succeed at world level that is.

If the Poles are doing it and you want to beat them, that has to be your baseline, then do a bit extra and then the rest is down to the rider

1 hour ago, iainb said:

They seem to be basing their approach on the Team Sky (cycling) approach of marginal gains. If you want to succeed at world level these days it's what you have to do, gone are the days of rolling up to a match with a bike on the back of your car, hitting the bar afterwards and shooting through maccies on the way home, if you want to succeed at world level that is.

If the Poles are doing it and you want to beat them, that has to be your baseline, then do a bit extra and then the rest is down to the rider

You will get better results if you employ a headshrink and a good tuner, that’s all that matters in speedway always has always will, your not on track long enough for the rest to make a big difference, if  this althlete thing works for an individual rider then great but it’s not for everyone and any motorsport competitor will tell you, you can have the best equipment and have the best team around you and be the fittest athlete in the world but if your head is not 100% you won’t win anything and that applies even more in speedway cause all that belief has to be packed into 100 yards to the first corner and no amount of physical training will get you to that. The two heads are everything in speedway, the one on the shoulders and the one on the barrel, get those right  you will go along way 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

Nice, subtle piece of trolling from the editor of Speedway Star there, to get everyone having a go at Rosco.

The fact is, Tai is back in the side and has said nothing negative, so maybe others should keep their gobs shut.

I am not the Editor of Speedway Star

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I am not the Editor of Speedway Star

Oh well, at least I got the rest of it correct.