British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

And of course all the top althletes in the world recommend energy drinks ;)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

If your not a fitness person and there are some that are then doing something that you don’t want to is not good for your head, there are some riders that go into their own little world on race days and being forced against your routine is not good for your head 

So you keep claiming... but there they are, the top guys, all concentrating massively on their fitness.

There are many examples of folks who weren't into being fit.. and were amazed at how much better they felt both physically and mentally once they actually committed.

Then of course there are the others who can't be bothered and come up with all sorts of excuses to not put that extra effort..  you don't hear as much about them though as they're not winning very often.

3 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

If your not a fitness person and there are some that are then doing something that you don’t want to is not good for your head, there are some riders that go into their own little world on race days and being forced against your routine is not good for your head 

100 % fitness can only improve performance.   Reaction time at the gate is vital as is reaction time in a race.    Its proven in other sports that mind memory excercise improves reaction and anticipation.

1 minute ago, Mark said:

100 % fitness can only improve performance.   Reaction time at the gate is vital as is reaction time in a race.    Its proven in other sports that mind memory excercise improves reaction and anticipation.

So why is woffinden one of the worst gators in the GP ?

Just now, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Bless. 

You do realise that most, if not all, the other GP riders also take their fitness very seriously?

I'd also disagree he is one of the 'worst' gaters.

Keep arguing about scientific facts Dean, you just make yourself look silly.

4 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Bless. 

You do realise that most, if not all, the other GP riders also take their fitness very seriously?

I'd also disagree he is one of the 'worst' gaters.

Keep arguing about scientific facts Dean, you just make yourself look silly.

As I said don’t always believe what you read about the poles, what the public see and what the public doesn’t see are sometimes very different and woffinden’s gating goes from brilliant to shocking in one meeting and he is clever at cutting back on first corner 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

1 minute ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

As I said don’t always believe what you read about the poles, what the public see and what the public doesn’t see are sometimes very different 

So you're saying they don't work on their fitness as much as say Doyle, Woffinden, Hancock etc?

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

So you're saying they don't work on their fitness as much as say Doyle, Woffinden, Hancock etc?

All I’m saying is not everything is a perfect as the public persona leads you to believe , they are very normal people Spend some time with them and then you will see why the poles are so good 

14 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

All I’m saying is not everything is a perfect as the public persona leads you to believe , they are very normal people Spend some time with them and then you will see why the poles are so good 

:)

You realise that what you are claiming is only defeating your own argument?

Some of those Poles, Zmarzlik for example, are blessed with abundant talent.

You're suggesting they don't focus on fitness as much as messrs Woffinden, Doyle, Hancock and that's your argument for saying fitness isn't important?

Hmmm..

Let me just look at how many World Titles they've won.....

Edited by BWitcher

The thing that Daniel pointed out is that we are trying to bridge the gap which is great and you have to applaud the forward thinking in that.I have heard great thing's about Olly Allen, and the Poultec training regime has been brilliant for a lot of riders.For me fitness in speedway is the first thing you need without that you have no chance of succeeding the mental side is massive also having a trusted team around you.For me though competition is important  like test matches at all levels  that needs to come back also regular practice sessions and testing can we ever do that because of the pathetic curfew's.?? We have some real talent coming through but as we all know so have the other countries look at Poland outside of the established Poles they have Drabik,Smektala,Kubera and endless   others showing potential.A long haul ahead and it is so much more to it than who is the choice of team manager myself personally i would love England to be a major player again.

35 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Oh no no no no  !   Dual World Champ.       Your mate Pedersen is huge on physical fitness isn't he.  

Edited by Mark

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

Oh no no no no  !   Dual World Champ.       Your mate Pedersen is huge on physical fitness isn't he.  

He isn’t my mate, I have beat him lol but I don’t know him at all 

19 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

He isn’t my mate, I have beat him lol but I don’t know him at all 

Good one.  :D:D

6 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Rooboy to manage Team Great Britain? Perhaps the right attitude but his heart lies far away and despite the paperwork, he will always be an Aussie through and through.

Rory is very passionate about British Speedway and is even helping the youngsters in a project that he is hugely involved in.