British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

Healthy body... Healthy mind?

Absolutely......

Head coach with burger and chips will get you nowhere.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, iainb said:

Healthy body... Healthy mind?

You don’t need a healthy mind you need a win at all costs mind and you don’t get that in a gym, Craig Cook is mega fit and doing all the right things(fitness)but its obvious he has mind issues to overcome, he gets too worked up and you can’t sort that in a gym

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

You don’t need a healthy mind you need a win at all costs mind and you don’t get that in a gym, Craig Cook is mega fit and doing all the right things(fitness)but its obvious he has mind issues to overcome, he gets too worked up and you can’t sort that in a gym

You're not grasping it, likely because you don't want to grasp it.

You seem to think because every rider is not World Champion being fit doesn't work.. I think there's a slight flaw there.

You've tried suggesting the Poles don't take the fitness quite as seriously..  which doesn't really help your argument given their lack of World Championships for all the talent they possess.

Now you bring Craig Cook into it. Cook, a rider who has made the GP's, on merit. I wonder how well he'd be doing had he not bothered with being fit. I'll give you a clue... he wouldn't be in the GP's.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

You're not grasping it, likely because you don't want to grasp it.

You seem to think because every rider is not World Champion being fit doesn't work.. I think there's a slight flaw there.

You've tried suggesting the Poles don't take the fitness quite as seriously..  which doesn't really help your argument given their lack of World Championships for all the talent they possess.

Now you bring Craig Cook into it. Cook, a rider who has made the GP's, on merit. I wonder how well he'd be doing had he not bothered with being fit. I'll give you a clue... he wouldn't be in the GP's.

No point in trying to explain because as usual don’t listen, it’s my last comment on it, so as you do with all the posters on here you can feel smug with yourself that you have defeated me over this 

22 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

No point in trying to explain because as usual don’t listen, it’s my last comment on it, so as you do with all the posters on here you can feel smug with yourself that you have defeated me over this 

There is only one person not listening here and that is you.

There is no 'defeat', it was never even a contest to begin with. You are 100% wrong on this issue and are just being pigheaded about it. Have you not noticed nobody else on the thread agrees with you at all?

In fact, you are so wrong, you make some of Starmans worst posts look positively intelligent.

Edited by BWitcher

On 6/3/2018 at 3:48 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

SAME graphics guys as SGP

Just seen this (don't post or read as much as some), not criticising I meant they didn't have ther 'grid-table' like graphic across the bootm of the screen as in the GPs showing e.g. Red Gate1 Tai Woffinden GB ??Pts, White Gate2 So and So ??Pts, Blue Gate 3 Robert Lambert GB ??Pts, Yellow Gate 4 So and So Else ??Pts.  Y'all know what I mean....

I might have missed it, but do we know what the justification was for a two day Final? Was it just to give a four meeting bundle to the TV contract re the WTC? Does anybody know? Or rather, is anyone who does know. prepared to tell us?

TO try something different. Might work in a speedway mad region of Poland but dubious elsewhere, not least for economic reasons.

Here's the scenario.

I have all the ability in the world but because I'm a fat bloke I'm never going to make it.

I'm the fittest bloke in the world but because I have no ability I'm never going to make it.

I am fairly fit and have ability but still never going to make it.

I am the fittest bloke and have as much ability as anyone else, I'm still not going to be top dog.

I am the fittest bloke, I have the same ability as anybody else and a selfish mindset but I'm still not going to be top dog.

I am now the fittest bloke, have good ability, selfish but above all else I have my more than fair share of luck to reach the top.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

TO try something different. Might work in a speedway mad region of Poland but dubious elsewhere, not least for economic reasons.

Thank you, that seems reasonable if they can make it work financially in Poland. I will enjoy it on BT. I just wanted to know the reason and that is as good as any and is hopefully part of the transparency in speedway. Especially IF we see some real team riding. 

THE Jury is still out of a number of issues with the SON. Firstly, the title of the competition is a nonsense. It tells the greater public nothing, especially from a media point-of-view. It is a World Championship and should include the word world. 

The choice of venue for the opening round was extremely poor, although do not know what if any alternatives there were. Poor track, no facilities, came across poorly on TV, a largely German crew that had never covered speedway before, many comms issues on the day.

Two run-off heats are un-necessary. One would suffice (3rd v 4th) especially as it is possible, as happened in Teterow, that one nation (Slovenia) had three races on the trot.

Walking around the pits at BV on Tuesday afternoon it was nice to see so many nations represented. However, there were too many non-competitive races. The idea that each country should have an Under-21 reserve is fine in theory but not in practice. Why not simply have three-man squads, to be used at the discretion of the team manager. It would still be a pair in each race and just as likely if not more to produce team riding.

With the final still to come, many things (such as a two-day final, the scoring system particularly for the Final) have yet to come under scrutiny. What if the championship is decided by a rider getting an exclusion or an engine failure. Plusses and minuses, as in all new ventures.

What we already know is that much depends on the actual track on which these riders are expected to perform to the best of their ability. The NSS fits the bill perfectly. As Antonio Lindback remarked it is fun to race on and if the riders are enjoying whet they are doing the paying public will too.

• Like 2

For all those bemoaning the fact of a lack of team riding so far in the competition, may i suggest there is a fine line between some aspects of team riding and foul riding. The referee for the 2 day final(un named in the FIM supp regs) may well  tell the riders at the pre-meeting briefings that he(or she) will be looking out for riders deliberately baulking others and if so will result in an exclusion.

As yet i have not had to serve on Jury. And would not want to if they would still be deliberating in a 'banged to rights' case such as this.

The case against the FIM/BSI  in the matter of SON presented by learned counsel above had  been well made on all those grounds months ago by others, but the court wasn't listening..

The crime against the SWC actually never should have taken place if simple common sense had been applied by the negligent blazered folk in Geneva. 

Mind you the court reporters have been utterly appalling in their role for months as well.

As the current prevalent phraseology has it ... to avoid public disasters.

You could SEE the errors being made. 

There were plenty here SAYIng that it was a massively flawed move.

But no bugger SORTED it.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

For all those bemoaning the fact of a lack of team riding so far in the competition, may i suggest there is a fine line between some aspects of team riding and foul riding. The referee for the 2 day final(un named in the FIM supp regs) may well  tell the riders at the pre-meeting briefings that he(or she) will be looking out for riders deliberately baulking others and if so will result in an exclusion.

ZAGAR in Teterow for example, Tim?

2 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

As yet i have not had to serve on Jury. And would not want to if they would still be deliberating in a 'banged to rights' case such as this.

The case against the FIM/BSI  in the matter of SON presented by learned counsel above had  been well made on all those grounds months ago by others, but the court wasn't listening..

The crime against the SWC actually never should have taken place if simple common sense had been applied by the negligent blazered folk in Geneva. 

Mind you the court reporters have been utterly appalling in their rolls for months.

As the current prevalent phraseology has it, to avoid public disasters.

You could SEE the errors being made. 

There were plenty here SAYIng that it was a massively flawed move.

But no bugger SORTED it.

YOU made your mind up from day one. Fair enough, that is your prerogative. But what some people on here forget or do not realise is that others, and especially in countries like Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Germany, etc, have a totally different view. And it is a 'world' championship event not a solely British one and the views of others should and will be taken into account.