British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

Hats off to the GB guys. What a result. Well done to Tai, Robert and Craig. A great team effort. 

• Like 2

Brilliant by Tai and Robert.

But a bit like test cricket, you can't win it on day one, but you can lose it. We haven't lost it, but we have not won it yet, all to do tomorrow but we have a really good chance.

Wonder if words will be had with the guy who drives the water truck tonight or the water truck will break down ;) Hope not we obviously like a bit of water 

Can't see Germany doing any better than today but Poland and Australia could improve and put pressure on the teams above, Would like to think GB have a foot in the door of the top three at least.

Great meeting, thoroughly enjoyed the racing from all teams but so chuffed to see us at the top, here's hoping it's as good and we claim the prize.

Shout out to Phil Morris too,  really smoothly run meeting on a decent track.

Well done Team GB...I was one of them who wasn't keen on Woffy pulling out of the UK team. But he was awesome, On top of his game tonight., and it can only do Lambo the world of good as well. I didn't see Craig's ride asi I got home late.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Winning just makes everything look different.

Getting to the final is still going to be tough. So this incredible score will give them such a good chance tomorrow. 

They still may be the ones that benefit from having a final. If they do get there we do know they have it in them to do it.

Fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, marko said:

Can't see Germany doing any better than today but Poland and Australia could improve and put pressure on the teams above, Would like to think GB have a foot in the door of the top three at least.

Maybe they won't, but Smolinski could crush a few dreams!

Steve

Speaking as a neutral, apart from GPs & SON, it matter waaaay more when you have someone to follow.  Ok, competition of 2 halves, another meet to go then go to last heat, whatever, who cares some awesome racing & GB ARE LEADING !!!!  Not often we can say that, enjoy it is my advice....

I know it’s only halfway, but this is arguably our most effective team showing this century!

The great thing is that we have two riders at the moment for Britain who don't look overawed and ride like they belong in that company. even if we don't win it we're competing on a better level than we have for a long time.

• Like 6

Tai and Robert were awesome tonight as a pair, almost reminds me of when Leigh Adams and Josh Larsen used to ride together at Arena Essex, Josh was the true gater and stick it on the inside whilst Leigh patrolled and controlled the race from the outside.

After a bit of a slow start (how often do we see that) it turned into a very good meeting with some close exciting racing. GB in a good position I think for a medal and it could even be Gold. It all depends on how Poland, Sweden, Aus and Russia respond tomorrow - and I think they will. Lambert seems to have matured a lot over the winter, at last he has got his gating sorted. Good show from TW, showing the type of form he had in 2013 - looking so easy. Well done.