British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Smolinski a real spoiler

He might do Poole a turn if it's do able.

56 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Why is the stadium empty? 

Because, so we were told, they only sold Two Day tickets and if you live a few hours away and can watch it on TV, why would you add to the expense by staying over. It will be full tomorrow I feel sure. 

Woffinden and Lambert were nothing short of sensational tonight. It's been a while but tonight they had me on the edge of my seat shouting and screaming.

The only slight negative, the lack of respect to the efforts of Lambert by Nigel and Kelvin. Tai this, Tai that was a bit tiresome. 

• Like 3

According to Sir Shoutevenmoretonight, when Russia were 2 points ahead of Great Britain, Great Britain needed a 4-2 in their last race to overtake them

No Nige, a 3-3 would do!

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Woffinden and Lambert were nothing short of sensational tonight. It's been a while but tonight they had me on the edge of my seat shouting and screaming.

The only slight negative, the lack of respect to the efforts of Lambert by Nigel and Kelvin. Tai this, Tai that was a bit tiresome. 

When you look at say UK's No.2 tonight Lambo, and the other " No 2's, I thought he did great.:cheers:

It looks as if any start "warnings" got today are carried over to tomorrow as well. I cannot find anything in the rules to confirm. I would have thought that as it`s 2 meetings over 2 days the fairest thing would have been to start afresh- not that team GB will be complaining !!!

Edited by racers and royals

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

When you look at say UK's No.2 tonight Lambo, and the other " No 2's, I thought he did great.:cheers:

Tonight, I think everyone has seen the night Robert Lambert came of age. He put some left some real scalps behind. 

• Like 1

Isn't it also beautiful to see Australia struggle :drink:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Tonight, I think everyone has seen the night Robert Lambert came of age. He put some left some real scalps behind. 

At the top or very near the Prem ave's so far in 2018 (without checking)

Just checked and he is.Might not stay there, but looks like 2018 will be a step up for him.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Is Tai still an Aussie on here to some??..

Just checking...:D:rolleyes:

Great to see a British genuine World Class rider that the rest of the World respects and fears....

Let's hope he, Lambert and Cook bring home the Gold Medal....

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

Some brilliant racing which shows that the format can work but it would still be better with 4,3,2,0 scoring and the team with the highest point score wins.

Lambert showed just how much he has matured this year and his improved gating skills enabled him to to control the white line whilst Woffinden came round the outside.

Woffinden, what can you say. The way in which he protected and shepherded Lambert as much as he could whilst also controlling the race was incredible. To do that and to go through the meeting unbeaten despite giving Lambert the inside gates was something to be long remembered.

We need a similar track tomorrow. Team riding will be more difficult if the track develops more racing lines on the outside.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Is Tai still an Aussie on here to some??..

Just checking...:D:rolleyes:

I've never said Tai was an Aussie myself, but I have criticized him for pulling out of team GB...Will say he rode awesome tonight though.

• Like 1

A great performance from Woffinden and Lambert, we all knew Woffy was capable of this but Robert has really come of age tonight, they appear to have a great understanding and Woffinden is showing a lot of the other top boys was the concept of team riding is all about. I thought we might be able to sneak a medal if Lindback didn't turn up but wasn't expecting us to go as well as this. If Emil starts tomorrow as he finished tonight Russia will take some stopping, Poland cant be as bad again but we have every chance of a medal, no doubt Woffy will carry over the form into tomorrow, if Robert can produce the same again tomorrow could be a very special night for Team GB. Well done lads great job so far.

39 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

He might do Poole a turn if it's do able.

This is not a Poole thread, bore off.

Taken from https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/759440/1-final-son-fatalny-wystep-polakow-bezbledny-woffinden-daje-wielkiej-brytanii-pr

The final divided into two days? Poles do not buy it. The Olympic Stadium during the first final tournament was empty, and those fans who arrived, celebrated the victory of the British team much louder than our team. By the way, the islanders made an amazing show. It was Tai Woffinden - Robert Lambert who gave a show of steam ride and thanks to them you could feel the taste of the championships for couples. Only once did Alun Rossiter decide to let Craig Cook go, but he went poorly and did not smell the track anymore.