British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

25 minutes ago, Jacques said:

Steve, I sent you a message a few weeks ago, did you see it? :blush:

No I didn’t. Just looked through my inbox and nothing there. Send again. 

• Like 1

Hope we get the finals in UK next year if we win - guessing the NSS is the obvious choice and about time we relive the amazing atmosphere of the SWC final in Poole 

Great from Great Britain , also well done to Martin Smolinski mixin* it up with the top guys.

54 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Taken from https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/759440/1-final-son-fatalny-wystep-polakow-bezbledny-woffinden-daje-wielkiej-brytanii-pr

The final divided into two days? Poles do not buy it. The Olympic Stadium during the first final tournament was empty, and those fans who arrived, celebrated the victory of the British team much louder than our team. By the way, the islanders made an amazing show. It was Tai Woffinden - Robert Lambert who gave a show of steam ride and thanks to them you could feel the taste of the championships for couples. Only once did Alun Rossiter decide to let Craig Cook go, but he went poorly and did not smell the track anymore.

You have to love google translate 

26 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

It's Great Britain, not Team GB

Even the shouters had to correct themselves tonight

To be honest mate to me its still England

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jacques said:

What a great performance from Lambert and Woffy. I was sceptical of the format, but tonight had me shouting at the TV.

It's so nice to have a GB team to laud for a change.

It seems that things are changing and credit to Tai, he's been instrumental in it.

Good luck tomorrow boys! Can't wait :t:

Both Cricket and Rugby Union years ago realised that the way to improve their lot was to increase their media coverage and bring in more fans (which in turn would attract more corporate sponsors)...

To do this therefore they went all out to deliver a successful National team with a system based on the Aussie blueprint from the late 80's and early 90's..

They did this by using central contracts and basically rested players from the domestic game and provided them with fitness training and nutrition plans centrally, as well as holding regular team get togethers...

They knew that whatever Middlesex or Essex did in Cricket, or Leicester or Harlequins did in Rugby, no matter how successful these teams were, it wouldn't resonate around the Country..

The result?

From 2000 onwards both Cricket and RU had some great successes and much more media coverage was delivered, more fans watched and became interested in their sports and more money came into the coffers through corporate business willing to get involved in 'successful sports'...

It looks like, (eventually after far too many years) that the penny has finally dropped with those who run British Speedway that they need a successful National team to grow the sport collectively overall in Britain..

Let's hope this new era for GB delivers a successful National team that the domestic leagues can benefit from by riding on its coat tails.. 

Similar to the way it did 70's and early 80's through the likes of PC, Louis, Simmons,  Jessup, Lee etc etc..

Good luck to the three lads tomorrow..

From little acorns and all that..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

To be honest mate to me its still England

Call it what you want. They ride under the union flag. That is Great Britain :approve:

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Both Cricket and Rugby Union years ago realised that the way to improve their lot was to increase their media coverage and bring in more fans (which in turn would attract more corporate sponsors)...

To do this therefore they went all out to deliver a successful National team with a system based on the Aussie blueprint from the late 80's and early 90's..

They did this by using central contracts and basically rested players from the domestic game and provided them with fitness training and nutrition plans centrally, as well as holding regular team get togethers...

They knew that whatever Middlesex or Essex did in Cricket, or Leicester or Harlequins did in Rugby, no matter how successful these teams were, it wouldn't resonate around the Country..

The result?

From 2000 onwards both Cricket and RU had some great successes and much more media coverage was delivered, more fans watched and became interested in the sport more money came into the coffers through corporate business willing to get involved in 'successful sports'...

Let's hope this new era for GB delivers a successful National team that the domestic leagues can benefit from by riding on its coat tails.. 

Similar to the way it did 70's and early 80's through the likes of PC, Louis, Simmons,  Jessup, Lee etc etc..

Good luck to the three lads tomorrow..

From acorns and all that..

It does seem that the penny has finally dropped. There is a lot of hope. My next move after this weekend would be to get rid of Rossiter :)

• Like 1

Funny results between GB and Russia.

Both teams 5-1'd Poland and Australia, 4-2'd Sweden and Germany and had a 3-3 with Denmark (with a different race partner).:cheers: 

PROBABLY fair to say that a victory for the national team would be more likely to attract the attention of sports editors than an individual triumph.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

PROBABLY fair to say that a victory for the national team would be more likely to attract the attention of sports editors than an individual triumph.

Perhaps if it were called something like a, you know, World Cup or World Championship. 

2 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Perhaps if it were called something like a, you know, World Cup or World Championship. 

IF you read earlier post you will know that I said the name of the competition was a nonsense and had to include world in the title.

19 minutes ago, Jacques said:

Call it what you want. They ride under the union flag. That is Great Britain :approve:

We all know that's politically correct lunacy :)

It does seem that the penny has finally dropped. There is a lot of hope. My next move after this weekend would be to get rid of Rossiter :)

• Like 1

Tomorrow will be pretty exciting. Plenty of questions come to mind.

Will Poland catch Danes? Will GB keep Russia behind? 

By the way, I heard somwhere that Gorzow will host World Cup next year (yes, World Cup, not Pairs). And that both competitions will be run every 2 years.

2018 Pairs, 2019 Teams, 2020 Pairs and so on.

Anyone to confirm?

Personally I love this idea!

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Trackrat is an imbecile who trolls Poole threads trying to be as abusive as possible. Best bet is to do what most of us have done and block the moron.

But you were trying to call me out the other week when you were thinking I'm a Coventry fan. Remember double standards hurt everyone, and so does name calling. You moronic ginger imbecile :D