British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

Terrible crowd. No way should Poland get all these finals.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Another empty stadium.

The BSI really need to work on their promoting.

I THINK you mean the home organisers. There were stories coming out of Wroclaw that it was a sell-out. Quite clearly not the case unless thousands have decided not to bother after last night's result.

They have so many open meetings in Poland we can only assume they see this another one, rather than a prestigious Championship, shame really as the racing has been great.

In reality it shows what the fans think of this event....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

LIKE the idea of two riders from each country in a race. Maybe three man squads, no under 21 requirement.. Would favour the team with the most points winning but understand why that isn't an easy sell for some and TV. If we could guarantee a last heat decider like last night there wouldn't be the conversation. One day not two. Have actually fired this off to Armando Castagna.

So on the whole still a pairs meeting very similar to this and to the World Pairs of old.

Just without the daft stuff added on top.

Not sure myself.

As someone else has just said. The lack of public engagement with this type of format should be factored into the thoughts strongly.
World Championships in empty stadiums dont make much sense just because some folk at the FIM have such dogmatic ideas.

Edited by Grand Central

1 minute ago, Grand Central said:

So on the whole still a pairs meeting very similar to this and to the World Pairs of old.

Just without the daft stuff added on top.

Not sure myself.

SOMETHING like that... two riders from the same country in a race, that would be key for me. 

He’s been getting away with these moves recently but that was plain dirty

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, nw42 said:

Dirty move Lindgren, no excuse for that.

Hard move, Magic turned in as well which made it look worse. 

Just now, nw42 said:

Not really,was a big gap he went for it, rightly excluded though 

• Like 1

Just now, nw42 said:

He's getting worse, becoming a nasty rider to cover up his deficiencies.

• Haha 1

Just now, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Not really,was a big gap he went for it, rightly excluded though 

Correct. Massive gap, he was actually going through. Magic turned and they collided. 

Fair enough to exclude him.

17 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

LIKE the idea of two riders from each country in a race. Maybe three man squads, no under 21 requirement.. Would favour the team with the most points winning but understand why that isn't an easy sell for some and TV. If we could guarantee a last heat decider like last night there wouldn't be the conversation. One day not two. Have actually fired this off to Armando Castagna.

I agree.  Funnily enough, years ago I actually came up with a format for three man teams, with teams riding as pairs.  I'll see if I can dig it out...

Steve