British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

6 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

Tbh Mickey mouse could manage 3 riders in this tournament not much skill in it is there

What a load of rubbish.  Give the man some credit.

As for Pearson commentating his usual shambolic performance. In that last race screaming Lingren had made a flyer when it was Lambert then shouting Team GB edging closer to a medal.. when in fact we have already secured a medal, with two rides left we cant drop out the top three now. 

I’m starting to think Jason and Max don’t like each other, that old familiar thing of the Aussies don’t like each other?

51 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I WAS in Manchester and can assure you that the stadium wasn't three quarters full. Only one major market these days. Poland have riders in depth, large crowds, many super stadiums, etc, etc.

I was also in Manchester SWC 2016 and that was 3 times the attendance of any race off in World Cup history without the home nation. Only GB can do this. Don't think you should talk GB down. Where are the mighty Polish fans tonight, no football friendly tonight. The reason of low attendances at all events this week is fans are not sure of the format. I'm sure with a little tweaking this format can be a success. What do BSI do, attendances haven't been good this week, do they carry on regardless and continue with SON or reinstate the SWC for next year and alternate . Feel BSI / FIM would like the SON to be the format for good with the involvement and potential win for more nations 

Edited by New Science

Russia now looking likely winners. Both riders are looking ominous. Laguta looking better than Hancock out the starts. Emil now on it. Hope I am wrong.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

What a load of rubbish.  Give the man some credit.

As for Pearson commentating his usual shambolic performance. In that last race screaming Lingren had made a flyer when it was Lambert then shouting Team GB edging closer to a medal.. when in fact we have already secured a medal, with two rides left we cant drop out the top three now. 

Why is that rubbish what has he done in this tournament any other Team manager wouldn't do hardly anything to do is there? 

The Russians are coming, they look to be favourites now.

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Russia now looking likely winners. Both riders are looking ominous.

Got to agree. Going to take a mighty effort for Lambert to beat either of them now. Tai too! Still, got to be in it to win it, let's just get in it!

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Russia now looking likely winners. Both riders are looking ominous.

Sorry to say, but I agree.... :(

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Russia now looking likely winners. Both riders are looking ominous. Laguta looking better than Hancock out the starts. Emil now on it. Hope I am wrong.

Emil looks like he has the bike hooked up well now

Looking ominous for GB with Russia and Poland to come 

Russia the best ‘pair’ at this stage and have this to lose

The final has potential to be carnage.

The rider who's going to be leading is going to be trying to slow the race down if his team mate is at the back.

Just now, KrisB said:

Looking ominous for GB with Russia and Poland to come 

Russia the best ‘pair’ at this stage and have this to lose

Poland always turn up when it matters.

1 minute ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

The final has potential to be carnage.

The rider who's going to be leading is going to be trying to slow the race down if his team mate is at the back.

Not if it's Artem leading based on the evidence so far :D

No disgrace if we lose out to Russia, they're looking the likely winners,.

• Thanks 1