British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

Woffinden not put a wheel wrong all tournament..... until the final.    Why???    Surely he knew the rules ? 

Don't understand why he left Lambert and went off chasing the win.   Lambert could have made it with a bit of help.

Having said that Woffinden was superbly dominant all final.   Scored all his own points and scored half of Lamberts for him. 

• Like 1

Top scored and won the final heat and lost, doesn’t feel right somehow but well done Russia, I like the 2 riders against 2 but implement it in the SWC 

• Like 2

That was the heart of my argument against this wretched format, Lead for most of 42 heats then lose to the team finishing second and third in the final. Pearson's just said "That's the nature of the sport".

Yes brave, entertaining racers working for idiots. 

Monday morning in a national daily sports desk. "Hey, I see the Brit won the final of the Speedway of Nations, whatever that means". "Sorry, we didn't win. Second and third take all"

"What kind of joke sport is that."

Thanks to the guys for taking it the last race, which should have been Heat 42 ;-)

On the other hand two wonderful speedway riders won a first World Championship for their country. That does rather soften the blow. 

Yes some great racing, despite the format not because of it. SWC next year please! Bet the Poles aren't interested in this dog's breakfast now. 

• Like 1

Just now, PHILIPRISING said:

If only it was that easy. Big ask for Lambert to stop Emil.

Not easy.

Just the ONLY thing that could ever get the win

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Hate to say it, but if Tai had hung back we would have won that.

DOUBT it. Emil was always going to pass Lambert 

• Confused 2

BECAUSE either way Lambert had to pass Sayfutdinov

Exactly , easy for us to sit on our couches and criticise , any one of us would have took second place at the start of the week 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Anf if Tai had tried to slow Emil down Robert might have done that! Ludicrious decision.

Very unlikely

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Tai had four laps to try and help Robert pass Emil. It would have been better to lose 5-1 trying to do that than lose 4-2 while he clears off.

I thought that was the point of pairs riding?

Edited by 40-38
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, HenryW said:

I could be misreading it, but I think there is very little in there that is a direct quote from Cieslak. The only part that appears to be a quote is: "I will not talk about the track. They all had the same and rode better on him than we did. We are facing the second final tournament and we will do everything to make it better."

The rest of the paragraph is the work of the journalist. 

So, yes, there might be some conspiracy being whipped up by jounalists and fans, but the Polish manager isn't getting involved in those.

As I said it's all implied. If you'd seen previous anti-BSI/Phil Morris stories on SF you woudln't be quite so naiive. 

Very unlikely

More likely with Tai slowing Emil and getting in his way than being left on his own.

• Like 1

Very unlikely

Not unlikely at all. Tai was the best team-rider by miles and surely could have put Emil wherever he wanted.

• Like 1

I get the feeling cook and tai dont get on  some how did not look at each other at the end and cook only praised rob 

Second in a world team event and some people still complaining?

2 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

So your tactics would have been not to even try?

• Like 2