British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

Incredible to see people complaining about coming second, so much to build on IMO so its over to you BSPA to give Team GB the tools to be first.

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

CANNOT believe people are criticising Tai after that performance

He just got the tactics WRONG.

Is he now above ANY criticism?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

LIKE the idea of two riders from each country in a race. Maybe three man squads, no under 21 requirement.. Would favour the team with the most points winning but understand why that isn't an easy sell for some and TV. If we could guarantee a last heat decider like last night there wouldn't be the conversation. One day not two. Have actually fired this off to Armando Castagna.

We've been there before in 4TTs, if not necessarily the WTC itself. It didn't work. Maybe it would now. It would be foolish to dismiss it on thatr basis. Anyway, I l;ove team racing, which is why I love team matches ;)

Whilst end result disappointing overall  our performance was superb

• Like 3

What was going on in the last heat ? why did Woffy try to win it rather that trying to help Lambert ...as normal all about himself ...then after the race he's starts doing wheelies like we won  .

At least we can look forward to seeing him at the British Final on Monday 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I think we are only criticising as most of us are bitterly disappointed at not winning the damn thing.But they all deserve credit as a team,and i am proud of my country for doing so well.

I think tai's been superb all week, but I think he got that wrong in the final.  Was he aware that we needed 2nd and 3rd? If so then he should have settled for second and tried to slow Emil.   But otherwise, fair play to Tai for a superb tournament. 

• Like 2

Just now, Grand Central said:

He just got the tactics WRONG.

Is he now above ANY criticism?

BECAUSE I don't believe he got his tactics wrong. If Lambert had actually got into third then I have no doubt Tai would have held back. But Robert didn't and was never likely to even if by some magic Tai could have kept a rider of Emil's ability at bay while also shepherding Lambert alongside him. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

He's been brilliant, but in that final he got the tactics wrong. Nothing wrong with saying that, doesn't take away from his brilliance all week. 

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

INTERVIEWER Kirri obviously hasn't grasped what team riding is all about. Certainly not Doyle's version.

A friend of mine had a conversation last year with her then track's new manager. She mentioned team riding. The guy hadn't got a clue what it was. One of the races of the night was Lambert getting the 4-2 against Poland. Excellent to watch but nothing to do with team riding. Outside league racing I do find the concept of team riding overstated at international level. It's great when it happens but it's NOT worth fouling up the format in a naiive hope to generate it. 

Some great racing despite the format. Now back to the credible, serious stuff - the SGPs and the leagues. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery

Great performance Britain, unlucky to lose. Poles red hot fave.

Well done Tai and Swindon boy Rosco.

Just now, PHILIPRISING said:

BECAUSE I don't believe he got his tactics wrong. If Lambert had actually got into third then I have no doubt Tai would have held back. But Robert didn't and was never likely to even if by some magic Tai could have kept a rider of Emil's ability at bay while also shepherding Lambert alongside him. 

Oh dear

Not much to work with here, if that is your defeatist thinking

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, orion said:

What was going on in the last heat ? why did Woffy try to win it rather that trying to help Lambert ...as normal all about himself ...then after the race he's starts doing wheelies like we won  .

At least we can look forward to seeing him at the British Final on Monday 

DO you seriously believe that? Tai selfish? Please ...

• Like 2

Lucas Benz is questioning Armando Castanga about dudek exclusion on polish tv saying no start girl had a warning board infront of the poles in the 2/3 race off