British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

5 minutes ago, nw42 said:

So within just a couple of minutes we've got people being naive, people who are blinded by great racing and people who can't see further than the end of their nose.   And you wonder why you get so much stick off others, you're certainly adept at giving it out on a regular basis.

Take a chill pill or you'll end up flouncing off again.

Dont discourage it let him have his moment and storm off its fun 

9 minutes ago, nw42 said:

So within just a couple of minutes we've got people being naive, people who are blinded by great racing and people who can't see further than the end of their nose.   And you wonder why you get so much stick off others, you're certainly adept at giving it out on a regular basis.

Take a chill pill or you'll end up flouncing off again.

I'm perfectly calm despite having to deal with idiots spouting stupid cliches. I don't wonder about stick nor do I care given the monumental stupidity of most who post here. 

Yes it was great racing. Yes we get great racing in the SGP and SWC. With the exception of the joker they both have superb formats.

Yes we get people who clearly can't see the bigger picture making silly comments. 

The day I get worried about what the vast majority of BSF members 'think' isn't going to happen. I on;y care about the opinions of those I respect. You are certainly not one of them. As for flouncing off I do occasionally despair about how idiotic so many people are in the BSF and need to take a break before I REALLY lose my temper and patience. That's a cheap shot. Sadly it's about your pathetic standard. I've had to deal with you before. It's best if I don't have to again before you really get me angry. 

Now go play with the "My team's better than your team" morons. I think there's still room in the sandpit but it is getting full. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery

9 minutes ago, Mark said:

Beat Russia twice in the heats, got more points over 42 heats, drew 3-3 in the final.  Nowt fair in losing that.  Woffy should get an OBE.  He was brilliant. 

He should get a all about me rather  than a obe .

• Like 1

Be happy with silver, Tai was the best rider tonight, Lambert a promise for Englands future. Laguta and Sayfutdinov with all his hard work from the outside gates have been the best team, IMO absolutely deserved win!

PS: I really find the new pairs format a winner, maybe a few adjustments ...

PS: my new hero is Mr. „Kamikaze Lindgren“, do you remember his antics v. Woffinden in Prague?

1 minute ago, phillipsr said:

Dont discourage it let him have his moment and storm off its fun 

I suppose so but that means I've got to stay up late waiting for it to happen, just thought I'd help things along.  Then again I can watch it on catch up tomorrow.:)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nw42 said:

I suppose so but that means I've got to stay up late waiting for it to happen, just thought I'd help things along.  Then again I can watch it on catch up tomorrow.:)

Dont worry its coming... the pompous one wont be able to resist 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WOULDN'T have an U-21 rider, just a third member of the squad. Riders for each race can be determined by team manager.

I kind of agree with you but the main reason for this shake up was to give someone other than Poland a chance to win. If we go for any 3 riders and any 2 from 3 in each race, Poland will win, sorry to say. I know we all got excited because GB did so well. But take your GB hat off and that was a bloody exciting two days of World championship speedway with some riders pushing as hard as they do on the individual GP front. For me, deciding a championship at the World level on the basis of one race is wrong, particularly over two days. The best team should be the one to get the most points (4 3 2 0). It there is a tie, forget the count back, then you can have a race off. And then I might revert to the 3210 format. A 3 all means you go again. The heat winner in the first 3 all getting the pick of the gates in the second run off and so on. 2nd and 3rd should never be the winner. That doesn't make sense to anyone, especially the casual fan.

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I for one have been a critic of Woofinden. Not riding in Britain and turning his back on his country saw me see red. He lost my support in GPs and he still has.

But I am man enough to say that he put in a cracking performance for GB and was clearly the best rider on show over the week. Well done to him.

I'm also woman enough to hold my hands up and see him in a totally different light. 

Out of all the riders over the last two days, who out f them bust their guts more that Woffinden? Who out of them looked after a team mate more?

He has been exemplary in attitude, riding and publicly. IMO he did absolutely nothing wrong in that final.

We didn't get a gold medal and for some reason it's all down to him. Do me a favour FFS!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rocketrod said:

Loving all the ex world champions and esteemed keyboard riders on here commenting that Tai should have slowed down to block Emil. 

We had at least a silver with a chance of gold.Now going off on your own does very little to help the chance of gold....that was mentioned a number of times before today’s meeting even started.I just wonder why on earth he chose that path rather than helping our chances,even if only slightly.Surely that was the best choice?

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IF it was race winner takes all in the final we wouldn't be having this discussion and Tai would be a hero. Have never agreed with second and third trumping first.

Agreed, but it was second  and third so we need to have the discussion, it's not unfair to suggest Tai got the tactics wrong. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rocketrod said:

Loving all the ex world champions and esteemed keyboard riders on here commenting that Tai should have slowed down to block Emil. 

So only former riders are allowed to comment.  Decades of watching speedway counts for nothing?

• Like 1

Imagine the scenario…
England have made it to the football World Cup final to face Brazil.
Brazil take a first-half 3-0 lead…But Marcus Rashford (England’s top goalscorer) scores an amazing hat-trick to level it at 3-all.   After extra time it’s still 3-3.
It all comes down to a tense penalty shoot-out.   
Brazil score their first four penalties..  They look like they can never miss… But England score their first four penalties too.
The Brazilian centre-forward steps up and calmly slots home the fifth penalty.
Rashford is next.  He must score to take it to sudden death.

Then esteemed football journo Bill Prising runs onto the pitch.   He shouts to Rashford “Don’t take the penalty!”.  
He explains “He’ll probably miss”.   “Even if he scores, it only goes to sudden death and we’ll probably lose”.   Prising continues “Rashford scored a hat-trick in the final and has been our top scorer in the tournament.   Don’t criticise him for not taking this penalty.  You should be happy to finish second”

A silly story?   No one would say something that silly in Speedway, right?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

If the FIM increased the prize fund by 50% i would agree- currently it`s hardly enough to pay 2 senior riders a decent wage for a weeks work- let alone 3

BUT they have three riders. Age doesn't affect travel, hotels, etc.

27 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Hugely proud of the GB performance even though hugely disappointed with the final

Definitely a tactical blunder - better to have gone down to a 5-1 trying to manipulate Emil into last place than not try anything

Perhaps a rule change should be that the semi final qualifiers should have to beat the top qualifiers in order to win. There should be some advantage  for finishing top of the qualifier scores

Like that idea.The team that wins over two days of racing certainly do need an advantage in the final.Pick of gates imo isn't enough.

12 minutes ago, rocketrod said:

You don't have be good at speedway to understand what he should have try to have  done ...you  just need a tad of common sense .

• Like 6