British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

23 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm sure a conversation was had between Tai and Robert before the final about what to do if one of them was last during the race. They did enough team riding throughout the tournament to be given the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately some posters see things either in black and white with no grey at all, and others will dislike Tai whatever he does forevermore. He has been absolutely immense this week and deserves enormous credit, as do the whole team 

The best thing about tonight was seeing our lad's disappointment on the podium.....far better that than being pleased to be there and happy with second. The future is very, very bright.

The arguments about the format and the need for a false climax are for another day.

Spot on.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, orion said:

Why ? thou he's  done great for himself this week I have seldom a rider do so little for his country before hand ..one day your understand it's all about himself .

The like race sum him up in a nutshell 

Really? Yawn. Another Tai hater. Without him, we wouldn’t have even got past the race off.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dave the Mic said:

Interesting to read all the comments but for those who think Tai Wiffindrn was making it all about him, I think you’re doing him a huge disservice.

He decided not race for the team as it was being run poorly, with no direction and seemingly no future. He made his feelings clear in what was needed to make the team successful and when it wasn’t forthcoming he stood by his beliefs and stepped down.

That is a matter of opinion ..Woffy gave out loads  of reasons why he never rode etc etc  they changed every week ...one of them is that he wanted to go on holiday in world cup week  ..as has been pointed out if he stood by his beliefs  how comes after not in the  riding world cup he somehow wanted to ride in the world games a few weeks later so nothing had changed ? 

2 minutes ago, Dave the Mic said:

Really? Yawn. Another Tai hater. Without him, we wouldn’t have even got past the race off.

Erm.. there wasn't a race-off.  

Just now, WalterPlinge said:

Erm.. there wasn't a race-off.  

So what happened at Belle Vue? That was Race off 2

8 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

It is obvious that he (Woffinden) doesn't like Rossiter and returned to the fold despite his continued prescence as team manager. In the end, Woffinden chose to do his own thing and you could say that after what he had done up until then, he was justified in taking that approach. He must have known that Lambert would not get past Emil, and consoled himself with some well deserved personal limelight, and also knowing that Rossiter would not be a World Championship winning manager.

Funny, well, not really. Are you really that deluded to think that Tai, deliberately played the, 'get rid of Rossiter card'?

JFC. That's a new one. 

Rossiter signed his own P45 when he spoke at Belle Vue. If the Great Britain team is to move forward, it should be without him. He really isn't fit for purpose, nice bloke ( apparently) but now, just a hanger on!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, orion said:

That is a matter of opinion ..Woffy gave out loads  of reasons why he never rode etc etc  they changed every week ...one of them is that he wanted to go on holiday in world cup week  ..as has been pointed out if he stood by his beliefs  how comes after not in the  riding world cup he somehow wanted to ride in the world games a few weeks later so nothing had changed ? 

Change the record. You don’t like him, that much is obvious.

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

So Woffy deliberately made sure GB lost the final to ensure Rosco didn't win the tournament? Is that your theory?

No

1 minute ago, Dave the Mic said:

Change the record. You don’t like him, that much is obvious.

Just answer the question ..you made big statement now back it up ...maybe when you sober up tomorrow ?

5 minutes ago, orion said:

Are you really that boring.

2 minutes ago, Dave the Mic said:

So what happened at Belle Vue?

In our round, Sweden and GB qualified straight for the final.   Australia came through what you could call the  race-off heats for best losers.   There wasn't a Friday race-off meeting as in the SWC.  Friday and Saturday were both the final.

Someone fecked up in the final..Rosco or Tai. I don't know.Tai was the  breasts and rider of the SON no doubt. But imho it went wrong in the final.

Edited by Bald Bloke

7 minutes ago, orion said:

Can you dig out that quote that for me.  I don't remember seeing it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jacques said:

Funny, well, not really. Are you really that deluded to think that Tai, deliberately played the, 'get rid of Rossiter card'?

JFC. That's a new one. 

Rossiter signed his own P45 when he spoke at Belle Vue. If the Great Britain team is to move forward, it should be without him. He really isn't fit for purpose, nice bloke ( apparently) but now, just a hanger on!

Read it more carefully

18 minutes ago, Jacques said:

Can you dig out that quote that for me.  I don't remember seeing it? 

Not sure where your find it but he said it in  a statement... there was a  big fuss about it at the time ..I did find another quote from him thou after the world cup at Belle vue  ...it's makes it  even odder that he was doing wheelies after the final race tonight .

"I want gold," says Woffinden." Who gives a f*** about silver, you're first loser, let's celebrating losing, f*** that.

"I'm on the podium and everyone's got a smile on their face and I'm thinking 'why's everybody happy, 

Edited by orion
  • Like 1