British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

Exactly.Robert was right up Emil’s arris,not left for dead

• Like 2

The only way to argue that the fend for yourself tactic was correct is if you genuinely believe that Tai trying to team ride would've HINDERED Lamberts chances of passing Emil

Is anyone prepared to say they believe that to be the case??

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

I WILL try one last time ... I believe that Emil is too good to allow a rider like Lambert to pass him no matter what Tai might have done. I am as entitled to my view as any. Doesn't make me right. Or wrong. 

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I believe that Emil is too good to allow a rider like Lambert to pass him no matter what Tai might have done. I am as entitled to my view as any. Doesn't make me right. Or wrong. 

Quite right, you are entitled to an opinion... your opinion is the wrong opinion on this occasion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I WILL try one last time ... I believe that Emil is too good to allow a rider like Lambert to pass him no matter what Tai might have done. I am as entitled to my view as any. Doesn't make me right. Or wrong. 

Totally agree

1 minute ago, TheReturn said:

Quite right, you are entitled to an opinion... your opinion is the wrong opinion on this occasion.

How can a opinion  be wrong !,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, moxey63 said:

It’s all about opinions. Woffinden rode really well this week, no taking that away from him. But I rate riders on how they have performed domestically - and who was in opposing starting slots when in championship racing. So, therefore, during my 40-odd years (since 1975) I put the likes of Mauger, Nielsen, Rickardsson, Crump etc in the lead. Comparisons should be, I feel, on 10-15 year periods. I must say though since about 2010 the level of competition in world speedway has dramatically dropped. I am not going to name names of current day men, but Jason Crump racing now… he could win it on a moped. Regarding Tai being the best Brit… on domestic form over here? Give your head a wobble. Two world titles, ok, but, with respect, against a near 50 year-old  who in recent times turned into being the best, I would say, simply because the best had retired (he won his second title two decades after his first, which tells you) and another man who lifted the crown who perhaps would not have stood a chance in other years?  

The names you named plus Collins,Michanek,Olsen,Lee you would like to think from the year 2000 in there pomp they would of had a chance of winning title's.All hyphaphetical i know all about opinions but Moxey is your opinion blinded by your love of the one- off Final??I am of the same opinion as you and the Series is not a love of mine i prefer team racing but i do respect what the Series has done for the few???I agree with the 10/ 15 year period on judging and Tai is probably only after Ricko/ Crump in the modern day pecking order also when Crump retired those bad burns he received were the reason.In the History of the sport Nielsen and Crump certainly deserved to have won more  World titles.

4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Respect your opinion Phil

However my point was would trying have improved the chances.  Even if the odds were 1 in a million by your thinking they only had to be improved to 1 in 999,999 to be a better option

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I WILL try one last time ... I believe that Emil is too good to allow a rider like Lambert to pass him not matter what Tai might have done. I am as entitled to my view as any. Doesn't make me right. Or wrong.

I think you are missing the point. People aren't saying it would have neccesarily got Lambert through, they are saying that it was, in the situation, worth a try because, even if Emil had then got past Tai, it made no difference.

And, imagine if Laguta had seen Tai doing that and decided to also drop back to try and help Emil. What a race we would have had!

I think the main reason people were disappointed is because they thought Tai might do thst. Had it been Australia, for example, I don't think anyone would have expected Doyle to try to get his partner through as he had shown no such inclinations in other races.

On reflection, I think the plan in the final was for Robert Lambert to gate and for Tai to support him to go for the win, but the whole thing went out the window when the Russians both gated ahead so we were playing catch up with no plan B. In retrospect it's probably harsh to criticise Tai, who was in a position he wasn't expecting and had to make a snap decision to go after the Russians.

• Like 2

Let's not forget that Emil had already finished last twice and in the previous meeting Lambert did finish ahead of him!!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Quote from Laguta after the meeting - “It showed we needed to work harder and we did it in the final qualifier. In the Grand Final, we knew second and third would give us gold, so we planned to let Tai go and try to hold those places.”

Maybe Laguta did slow up a bit to allow Tai to pass and Lambert didn't really try the outside pass, so Emil kept him stuck round the line.

Edited by LesR
  • Like 3

There are some people on here who will never be pleased.    All this talk of Woffy dropping back to help Lambert  is so bias  and contradicts the tremendous achievement they made. .   Only Woffy can answer for the way he rode, and the choices he choose.  but to me he was immense, and rode his heart out for the cause.     The rules stank, the point scoring was rubbish, Blame them if you like ,     but for a team who outscored everyone else, a team that did the most team riding of the lot, the team that won the final have nothing to be  questioned about.   Both Woffy and Lambert were brilliant,   to me they were the right full winners..     

It was the organiser who got it wrong.     Team riding was never rewarded during the meeting, yet  in the final coming second  was deemed the winner.....

PS,,,  Hope you  haven't forgotten the 3 man semi final fiasco .   

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LesR said:

Quote from Laguta after the meeting - “It showed we needed to work harder and we did it in the final qualifier. In the Grand Final, we knew second and third would give us gold, so we planned to let Tai go and try to hold those places.”

Maybe Laguta did slow up a bit to allow Tai to pass and Lambert didn't really try the outside pass, so Emil kept him stuck round the line.

Laguta never slowed to let Tai past, I'm sure, but, as soon as Tai goes past him you can see that he immediately looked round to see where Emil was.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, g13webb said:

There are some people on here who will never be pleased.

FFS, why don't you people get it. Why is talk of Tai dropping back biased?   It's not biased to simply suggest that the they got the tactics wrong. 

You're right they made a tremendous achievement, but the record books will show the winners were Russia. who got their tactics right.  

Edited by TheReturn
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

It sounds like you've given up on life Philip.

If you're not going to try and win, why enter the competition?