British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

13 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Is it?

i meant Lambert should of been in main team from the off.

keep embarrasing yourself you joke of a guy. Finally Starman has been dethroned from top spot in the League of Dopes, by none other than yourself.

w@nker

By having Lambert at reserve you could effectively use him at will and have, in Cook, a GP rider as back up. It made sense for him to be reserve if he was eligible.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HAVE heard from what I consider to be a very reliable source in Poland this morning that there was a concerted campaign in the media, on websites and from team manager Marek Cieslak for Polish fans to boycott the event in protest at what they perceived to be attempts by the FIM to stop Poland from winning by changing the format of the SWC to the SON.

Having a bit of bad luck ..first a women's Basketball match now this .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HAVE heard from what I consider to be a very reliable source in Poland this morning that there was a concerted campaign in the media, on websites and from team manager Marek Cieslak for Polish fans to boycott the event in protest at what they perceived to be attempts by the FIM to stop Poland from winning by changing the format of the SWC to the SON.

Certainly Sportowefakty website made it clear on Saturday that (in their opinion) the track had been doctored by Phil Morris by soaking it and therefore ensuring it was very different to how it had been earlier in the week when the Polish lads were spending hours on it. 

Edited by stewmac

3 minutes ago, stewmac said:

Certainly Sportowefakty website made it clear on Saturday that (in their opinion) the track had been doctored by Phil Morris by soaking it and therefore ensuring it was very different to how it had been earlier in the week when the Polish lads were spending hours on it. 

I would have thought on the lead up to an international event no one in the lead up to it, say 1 week, would be allowed any practice other then official practice. So good on Phil Morris if watering effectively "neutralized" the track, if indeed that was the case.  No amount of track doctoring, whether beneficial to this team or that team, could excuse Poland have two warnings and an exclusion in heat 1.

Anyway, some riders say they deem even official practice unnecessary. That's due, it is said, the track on race day is very often different to practice day.   If that's the case there is no need for anyone to "spend hours on it" earlier in the week.  

I noticed on the Polish Friday meeting the riders came out to the "parade" on their bikes, whereas on the Saturday they walked out. So it seems the riders were even being stopped from even having a practice start.

1 minute ago, OveFundinFan said:

I would have thought on the lead up to an international event no one in the lead up to it, say 1 week, would be allowed any practice other then official practice. So good on Phil Morris if watering effectively "neutralized" the track, if indeed that was the case.  No amount of track doctoring, whether beneficial to this team or that team, could excuse Poland have two warnings and an exclusion in heat 1.

Anyway, some riders say they deem even official practice unnecessary. That's due, it is said, the track on race day is very often different to practice day.   If that's the case there is no need for anyone to "spend hours on it" earlier in the week.  

I noticed on the Polish Friday meeting the riders came out to the "parade" on their bikes, whereas on the Saturday they walked out. So it seems the riders were even being stopped from even having a practice start.

Woffinden didn't practice. Major mistake in my opinion, he dropped a pt as a result.

• Like 3

I hope that the SON doesn't replace the SWC but that both competitions continue by being held in alternate years.

The SWC, minus the Joker, is fine as it is but the SON format needs to be changed so that the nation scoring the most points wins. That could be either by taking the scores at the end of the normal heats or adding the scores from a final race . A solution also needs to be found to make the race off events more entertaining by ensuring those taking part are of more equal ability. Perhaps the lesser speedway nations could be involved in a quarter final and the top 2 progress to a semi final with all of the top nations apart from the nation hosting the final, who would continue to be seeded or, my preference, that only the lesser nations are involved in a semi final with only the winner going into the final.

And I forgot to add, change the name to reflect it is a World Championship as I and others have previously said.

Edited by Aces51

32 minutes ago, adonis said:

Right so  you  wanted to replace a GP rider with a kid in his second season of speedway  so as not to insult  Lambert . I very much doubt Lambert was insulted in any way by being selected as one of 3 to represent his country . I can't even say that's laughable because it's not even that .it's pathetic, coming on here getting all indignant about something  that no-one else has even thought about including the Lamberts , and you call me a dope :rofl:  time to come back to the UK .you have been upside down for so long ,the blood has rushed to your head 

Yes I would of replAced an out of form GP rider with the EL top dog, makes sense. And start them both in every race with Bewley as reserve if anything went wrong.

lambert has been flying all season and should of joined Tai from the start without a doubt

2 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Yes I would of replAced an out of form GP rider with the EL top dog, makes sense. And start them both in every race with Bewley as reserve if anything went wrong.

lambert has been flying all season and should of joined Tai from the start without a doubt

BUT GB got to the Final with the most number of points. Didn't make any difference.

57 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Mind you, these were not just 'perceived' attempts to stop them winning dreamt up by particularly over sensitive Poles.

This had been most informed people's (correct) opinion worldwide since the idea of a SWC replacement was first mooted.

You are not being paranoid if folk really ARE out to get you.

But whether this was REALLY the reason why thousands upon thousands of individual Poles did not attend ... I somewhat doubt that will be the case.

It still remains the truth that ahead of the events the public was not won over by what seemed a very dubious competition . This was true in England, Germany AND Poland. 

In fact there was not a place on earth that could have got a good crowd for it especially at the prices being charged.

The real blame still lies with BSI and the FIM

Now the final was seen to be so brilliant things may be very different next time.

The superb action provided by the riders ... that has saved so many people from having to do a lot more explaining of their failures in strategy and organisation.

Armando and Torben should go down on bended knee to ALL the riders for that.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

My polish friends say the price of tickets was reason, sounds very familiar, if you read the polish speedway page on Facebook, price is a big factor 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 3

It's 'have' not 'of.'

• Like 2

:nono:Noticed during after match interview Cook forgot to wear his Team Silver Medal.Hope he doesn't get a fine for being unprofessional.

Edited by Fromafar

5 minutes ago, adonis said:

try  standing on your hands for a few minutes .It might help 

I reckon you were stood on your head violently at birth for a few minutes but it certainly hasnt helped.

Its Nitpickingtosser not foamfence !!!

It's not Its.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pinny said:

Its Nitpickingtosser not foamfence !!!

There's no need for that kind of remark, if you made a better job of your posts people might give you more respect and accept your points....... Then again maybe you don't want that?

• Like 2