British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

1 minute ago, iainb said:

I look forward to the serious journalistic questions being asked tonight and in the Speedway Star.

You don't think the above question is a serious journalistic question to ask?

While all this talk off Team Riding/ Slowing the race down etc,I see Hancock having a go at Zager for slowing and causing Manzaris to lose control and fall,IMO Zager done nothing dangerous so riders can't win on that one.

5 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

You don't think the above question is a serious journalistic question to ask?

Perhaps not that one... but "Why did you go for the win from the tapes and not look back for your partner until the last bend of the last lap after so magnificently team riding during the rest of the competition?"

it's a fair question to ask

Edited by iainb

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Perhaps not that one... but "Why did you go for the win from the tapes and not look back for your partner until the last bend of the last lap after so magnificently team riding during the rest of the competition?"

it's a fair question to ask

Bit long winded, but I take your point... suck up to him, whilst asking a tough question ;)

2 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

Bit long winded

I was asking it in the style of Charlie Webster

• Like 1

5-1 to Russia in the final heat.....what happened Tai, nothing I was team riding with Robert.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Trying to twist it now eh?

As you well know, the Race-Offs we were talking about are a last chance to get to the final for teams who don't qualify direct for the final from their opening round.   They happened in the old SWC, but not in the new SON.

No Walter. Not at all. I know what I meant. Read my original post. You're boring me now.

Just now, topaz325 said:

5-1 to Russia in the final heat.....what happened Tai, nothing I was team riding with Robert.

Sarcasm, but had that happened, it would have been the same result in the end, Russia win the SON.  The only difference is we would not be asking the question why was he not attempting to team ride or manipulate Robert overtaking Emil.

5 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

As he collects his silver medal ... Just as he did going for and getting the win.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Thanks for putting forward the argument for team riding, even though you're trying to argue against it!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Totally redundant counter argument,because we aren't any worse off......but at least we had a better chance if he tried and failed.Not trying at all,was a no brainer,Even financially Tai wouldn't have been better off winning the heat.......

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

Just now, topaz325 said:

3 quotes but I stand by my opinion and respect yours.

lmao. 

Do you actually even understand what you are saying?

Let me get this straight. Your opinion is quite simply:

Woffinden shouldn't have team ridden because we might have lost. Is that it? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topaz325 said:

you're of the opinion that if you're in the final of a world championship you shouldn't at least try everything to win it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Well OK.

But the one you just posted about a 5-1 wasn't really giving a contrary 'opinion '

instead it just tended to point out how little we had to lose by having a go.

Edited by Grand Central