British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

Just now, PHILIPRISING said:

THIS is where we differ and I have spoken to riders about this. Slowing Emil down on a track like Wroclaw, so wide with many racing lines, is a huge ask and throughout Saturday it didn't look as though Robert was as fast as he was on Friday. Russia had a rehearsal in Heat 19 (think that was it) and would have been buoyed by that. The consensus I have got is that if Tai had slowed down Emil would have passed him.

Perhaps. But yet again it wouldnt have mattered.

It was worth the very very small chance of success even if it ended as a 5-1 against.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Of course he isn't in Emil's class. We all know that.

Hence he needed help.

So you've told us once Emil got ahead of Lambert, Lambert wasn't going to repass him on his own. So at that point, Britain have lost.

We have two choices at this stage.. chase Laguta and lose. Or try and slow Emil to give Lambert and chance and although still likely lose, we have a chance of winning.

Yet you continually advocate taking the guaranteed losing option. Staggering!

YOU have already said that it would have taken an Emil ef and if that had happened it wouldn't  have mattered where Tai was

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YOU have already said that it would have taken an Emil ef and if that had happened it wouldn't  have mattered where Tai was

No, I have said it would have taken an Emil ef with no help.

With help, although still very unlikely, he would have had a chance.

Are you claiming in all your years of watching speedway you've never seen a team mate slow a race down to allow his partner to get through? Seriously?

4 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Are you claiming in all your years of watching speedway you've never seen a team mate slow a race down to allow his partner to get through? Seriously?

In fairness, I've watched many meetings at the old & the new track & was there Friday & Saturday.

Trouble is if Tai had slowed it down, I believe the speed that Emil can generate he would have gone passed Tai, just my honest opinion

21 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THIS is where we differ and I have spoken to riders about this. Slowing Emil down on a track like Wroclaw, so wide with many racing lines, is a huge ask and throughout Saturday it didn't look as though Robert was as fast as he was on Friday. Russia had a rehearsal in Heat 19 (think that was it) and would have been buoyed by that. The consensus I have got is that if Tai had slowed down Emil would have passed him.

Strange how your consensus says one thing, the consensus on here says the other!

11 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

OF course I have. But not when it is Emil.

Just now, Midland Red said:

Strange how your consensus says one thing, the consensus on here says the other!

WHY is that strange. Not too many riders on here.

Just now, PHILIPRISING said:

WHY is that strange. Not too many riders on here.

Mind you.
Until the morning of the Tetetrow meeting all the people you had asked kept telling you that the Finals were to be won by the race winner.

Some times we all get bum info.

9 minutes ago, sommelier said:

In fairness, I've watched many meetings at the old & the new track & was there Friday & Saturday.

Trouble is if Tai had slowed it down, I believe the speed that Emil can generate he would have gone passed Tai, just my honest opinion

And if Emil had passed Tai, GB would have lost.....oh, we did anyway. So what difference would that have made?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, norbold said:

And if Emil had passed Tai, GB would have lost.....oh, we did anyway. So what difference would that have made?

But apart from Tetetrow you must admit you must have enjoyed the 4 meetings, take it you did go ?

4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

GREAT racing at BV by the way

Superb. You'd think some would be enjoying it, rather than  droning on in an attempt to point score..... But hey, strange folk!

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 1

Just now, Jacques said:

Superb. Yo'd think some would be enjoying it, rather than to drone on in an attempt to point score..... But hey, strange folk!

Exactly.

7 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Big like Brum... Tai did exactly the right thing in the final, you cannot bugger about trying to team ride in those circumtances. Other than that his contrabution was exceptional.

Of course you can ...what was the point of not doing so ...the circumstances were coming first and last meant we lost .