British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

43 minutes ago, sommelier said:

In fairness, I've watched many meetings at the old & the new track & was there Friday & Saturday.

Trouble is if Tai had slowed it down, I believe the speed that Emil can generate he would have gone passed Tai, just my honest opinion

And ? the whole point  is that he had to try as we  would have  lost anyhow ..surely anyone with common sense can understand that .

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YES I do. We will never know but had Lambert held off Sayfutdinov's early thrust Woffinden would most likely have held back to try and help him. But that is a very different scenario to what happened.

So why did we even go out on track?  Tai and Robert could just have said "Well done, lads", shook hands, and saved methanol and tyres...

Come to think of it, why did we even compete?  We could have just stayed home as you don't think we should have even tried to win...

Steve

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, chunky said:

So why did we even go out on track?  Tai and Robert could just have said "Well done, lads", shook hands, and saved methanol and tyres...

Come to think of it, why did we even compete?  We could have just stayed home as you don't think we should have even tried to win...

Steve

HOW many times ... had Lambert got ahead of Sayfutduniv we would have seen a very different race

Edited by PHILIPRISING

1 minute ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HOW many mores ... had Lambert got ahead of Sayfutduniv we would have seen a very different race

HOW many mores...  Had Tai dropped back then we would have also seen a different race. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, orion said:

And ? the whole point  is that he had to try as we  would have  lost anyhow ..surely anyone with common sense can understand that .

Sorry would love to debate with you but problem is im watching that little meeting going on at BV tonight!

7 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HOW many mores ... had Lambert got ahead of Sayfutduniv we would have seen a very different race

Speedway is a 4 lap race, did you know that? So Lambert didn't get ahead, so you switch to Plan B.

Simply chasing the win should NEVER have been an option as it was a losing option.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Why rely on "ifs" ("had Lambert...)???  Had Laguta tripped and broken his leg on the way to the toilet before the final, it would have been a very different race!

Have I ever ridden a speedway bike!  NO!  Have I taken part in competitive sport?  YES - at the highest level!  On many occasions.  I have NEVER approached any event - or single match - with the idea that, "I'm not going to win, so I won't even try from the start. I will just wait and see if my opponent slips up..."  I can't believe ANYONE would find that concept acceptable, no matter how much better - or indeed, how much worse - your opponent(s) is/are.  When you know what you have to do in order to win, you choose the best option FROM THE START

Steve

Edited by chunky
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

HOW many mores...  Had Tai dropped back then we would have also seen a different race. 

At least that would have been something in OUR control, and not relying on someone/something else...

Steve

19 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Sorry would love to debate with you but problem is im watching that little meeting going on at BV tonight!

Are you  ..why or how did you reply if that was the case ?

Edited by orion

So BT Sport bottled asking that tough question of Rosco,  I look forward to reading the Speedway Star and the post SON interview with Rosco to ask that important question.

3 minutes ago, orion said:

Are you  ..why or how did you reply if that was the case ?

A Phone!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, sommelier said:

A Phone!!!!!!

Perhaps others can watch a meeting and also post? 

Plenty of gaps between races....

43 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

So BT Sport bottled asking that tough question of Rosco,  I look forward to reading the Speedway Star and the post SON interview with Rosco to ask that important question.

In the unlikely event it was actually asked (and of TW) it won't have been answered...  Defeat from the jaws of victory.

13 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HAVE heard from what I consider to be a very reliable source in Poland this morning that there was a concerted campaign in the media, on websites and from team manager Marek Cieslak for Polish fans to boycott the event in protest at what they perceived to be attempts by the FIM to stop Poland from winning by changing the format of the SWC to the SON.

Your source is simply wrong. There was no CONCERTED campaign...and if you still believe that it was - prove it... and don't spread lies.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

My polish friends say the price of tickets was reason, sounds very familiar, if you read the polish speedway page on Facebook, price is a big facto

I can confirm that !

• Like 1