British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

8 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

In the unlikely event it was actually asked (and of TW) it won't have been answered...  Defeat from the jaws of victory.

Well yes, call my cynical I am not convinced it will have been asked either.

Although I would not go far as saying it was defeat from the jaws of victory. It was always going to be tough against the Russians, and even if Tai had dropped back there was no guarantee it would have worked. I think all some of us want to know was why Tai chased the heat win, rather than attempt to team ride to manipulate the race result.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:49 AM, BWitcher said:

It's been a very, very tough week for the Tai haters. They've been waiting and waiting and waiting.. just hoping for something to take a pop at Tai about.  Two of the main culprits being Adonis and Orion.

Sadly for them no opportunity came as Tai was absolutely magnificent, putting in one of the finest performances there has EVER been seen in the history of the sport. We constantly heard how Emil was taking the harder gates and having to do the 'hard work' for the Russia pairing.. well the majority of the time Tai was too and made it look easy. From the gate, from the back, team riding, it was a clinic of speedway excellence.

Those doubters and haters about the stance he had taken to improve the fortunes of GB had been silenced. The changes he wanted were in place, the team was professional, they meant business and boy did it show.

Then came the final.. and suddenly they saw their chance, the hatred, venom and to be honest in some cases downright xenophobia resurfaced again. I'm not referring to those of us who think the tactics were wrong in the final (more on that in a moment) simply those whose ONLY comments throughout the entire event were to attack Tai.

As for the final, I am as bigger Tai fan as you will ever find and have defended him countless times. That said, the tactics were wrong in the final, whether from Tai himself or from Rossiter. There isn't an argument, not even a semblance of an argument otherwise. 

We also need to take a step back with some of the hype regarding Lambert and where he is right now. Yes, he rode his heart out in this event but the reality is Tai scored 35pts on his own.. Lambert scored 11 from 11 rides, some of those pts coming due to assistance. He still has a long way to go so those saying he is ready to mix it at the top level need to curb their enthusiasm just a little. A major step forward yes, but still a long, long way to go. I hope he can come away from this with the positives, not dwell on the final and continue to build on the impressive form he has shown this season. Another couple of years and if he continues this progress then he will really be amongst the top echelon, Tai will still be at his peak (barring injury) and GB will have an outstanding future.. especially if Bewley can continue his development. Of course, throw in the fact that behind the scenes they will have a professional set up giving them everything they need to help them succeed.

Yet despite this bright future, this future that has ONLY come about due to the stance Tai took, we still have the jealous, whinging haters moaning. To them I simply say, enjoy your whinging, there will be less and less of you over the next few years, the rest of us will be enjoying seeing the rise of a golden era for GB speedway led by the greatest rider we have ever had and a crop of youngsters who unlike some in the past will have everything in place to help them realise their true potential.. and who knows, one of them might just surpass Tai one day.

The problem is looking back at this thread you ruthlessly attack not only the Tai haters but anyone who has any criticism of him or dare to suggest he may have made a mistake. Get over it, we all make mistakes even Britain's top rider, look at your own posts, all week having a dig at Rossiter , Why, how is that deserved ?  You wouldn't be a Rosco hater would you ? 5 years in charge , 4th, 5th, 2nd,4th and now 2nd again , how any your comments any different to the Tai haters ?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PolskiZuzel said:

I can confirm that !

BSI really pricing everything too high, also the semi final at Belle Vue was too high, and the Danish GP is ridiculously high and looks like it could only be half full.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, New Science said:

The problem is looking back at this thread you ruthlessly attack not only the Tai haters but anyone who has any criticism of him or dare to suggest he may have made a mistake. Get over it, we all make mistakes even Britain's top rider, look at your own posts, all week having a dig at Rossiter , Why, how is that deserved ?  You wouldn't be a Rosco hater would you ? 5 years in charge , 4th, 5th, 2nd,4th and now 2nd again , how any your comments any different to the Tai haters ?

I dare to attack anyone who has any criticism of him or dare to suggest he may have made a mistake?

I think you've been reading the wrong thread!

2 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I dare to attack anyone who has any criticism of him or dare to suggest he may have made a mistake?

I think you've been reading the wrong thread!

There have always been idiots on here, and idiotic posts.  However, this one thread probably has claim to the top 10 - at least - dumbest posts of all time... :rolleyes:

Steve

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Grand Central said:

Oh yes.

Being objective, of course, they lost it. Actually they threw it away.
Right from their first race on Friday.
But they won't see it like that.

Not sure on the warnings though. It certainly weighed heavier and heavier over the two days. Rightly I might say.
They all knew that and that was ONE of the rules that had to be worked WITH not against.
And both Poles were well used to that regime.

I thought Lambert moved on the start in the race before Dudek was thrown out for the same movement. Think it Great Britain's last heat. Haven't read all the posts but wonder if anyone else noticed or commented. Also in my opinion once someone hits the tape no more infractions. In all likelihood he might have drawn someone else off and I don't think it's fair to penalize more than one for the same infraction. 

• Like 1

This was such a boring series nobody is even talking about it......

Did anyone wonder how Denmark would have finished if Leon Madsen was "on" and on the team. Jepson Jensen in my opinion was the most exciting rider of the series. Of course not up to Tai's standard but he really put on a show. 

Haven't read all the posts. But not counting the team riding Artem Laguta was just a tick off Tai's great scoring in the series. If he rides like that in the GP for the rest of the year look out. 

As Racers and Royals said Emil's interview was a perfect ending to an exciting evening. (Not quite what he said but a very nice post) It sounds like the prices were quite high for the two nights of the finals but I would have gladly paid the price and then to see the Russian team singing their national anthem with trophies in hand.....priceless!!

Yes there needs to be some tweaking but I really enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT probably was but as well as Lambert had done, right now he isn't in Emil's class.

That's funny because in that final race he was and right on his back wheel

THIS is where we differ and I have spoken to riders about this. Slowing Emil down on a track like Wroclaw, so wide with many racing lines, is a huge ask and throughout Saturday it didn't look as though Robert was as fast as he was on Friday. Russia had a rehearsal in Heat 19 (think that was it) and would have been buoyed by that. The consensus I have got is that if Tai had slowed down Emil would have passed him.

That's disappointing to hear... perhaps Speedway is not the sport I thought it was or maybe it's just the difference between winners and losers

13 hours ago, sommelier said:

Trouble is if Tai had slowed it down, I believe the speed that Emil can generate he would have gone passed Tai, just my honest opinion

so we would have gone from a losing position to... a losing position

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, adonis said:

yes you would ,why not give it a try yourself . If not ,perhaps  you could try joining a debate or stating an opinion .instead of turning up making random off topic posts and then disapearring to pollute another thread 

:lol:

I already have. Do you practice being a complete moron or does it come naturally? 

THIS is where we differ and I have spoken to riders about this. Slowing Emil down on a track like Wroclaw, so wide with many racing lines, is a huge ask and throughout Saturday it didn't look as though Robert was as fast as he was on Friday. Russia had a rehearsal in Heat 19 (think that was it) and would have been buoyed by that. The consensus I have got is that if Tai had slowed down Emil would have passed him.

Must take the prize of most nonsensical post of the year, perhaps since the forum began.

FFS behave.

IMO they need to have a serious think about this finals lark. Yes, we know they know beforehand but fans want fairness. Imagine if Lambert hadn't won last night. Slight tweak needed.

Otherwise its a good competition because a good range of nations can compete

• Like 1

This pointless low level intellectual sparring is what spoils or at least mars the whole Forum. Would you come to blows if this was a speedway chat in a pub?

• Like 1

Well now the dust has settled on the Speedway Of Nations where do we go from here. Personally I think this format is here to stay and will replace the SWC.I think the FIM and BSI like the participation of so many teams and there are probably 6 teams that could win it. Although it may have been brought in to blunt to Polish 4 man juggernaut and it worked it still must be a format that is popular in Poland since they will probably staging the finals most often including Gorzow next year. I think a change may be made to appease the Polish federation by dropping the U21 rider and making it 3 riders of the nations choice, this would also negate the situation where some teams have been unable to field an U21 rider. Still think the format requires a tweak, I think the 2 day format is here to stay and the run offs, sudden death final also will stay however unfair, how long did the much maligned joker in the SWC remain. 

Just now, New Science said:

Well now the dust has settled on the Speedway Of Nations where do we go from here. Personally I think this format is here to stay and will replace the SWC.I think the FIM and BSI like the participation of so many teams and there are probably 6 teams that could win it. Although it may have been brought in to blunt to Polish 4 man juggernaut and it worked it still must be a format that is popular in Poland since they will probably staging the finals most often including Gorzow next year. I think a change may be made to appease the Polish federation by dropping the U21 rider and making it 3 riders of the nations choice, this would also negate the situation where some teams have been unable to field an U21 rider. Still think the format requires a tweak, I think the 2 day format is here to stay and the run offs, sudden death final also will stay however unfair, how long did the much maligned joker in the SWC remain. 

Agree with much of that, although I think they may still alternate on a yearly basis, SWC and SON that is.

The finals aren't going anywhere, but one simple change should be, the team trailing should need a heat advantage to win. i.e. a 3-3 sees the team who qualified direct for the final winning.