British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

12 hours ago, norbold said:

Just as well you couldn't be bothered any more and didn't want the last word. :rolleyes:

I couldn't be bothered because too many on here think they know better than the riders and manager.

40 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Or lack of it, in your case.

lmao. Bless.

42 minutes ago, foamfence said:

"hope"? That's exactly what he did! Except he went for the win. As for your remark about "scoobies" You know nothing of my experience in Speedway.

It doesn't matter what experience you have in speedway, your posts demonstrate 100%, you haven't got a clue.

42 minutes ago, foamfence said:

I couldn't be bothered because too many on here think they know better than the riders and manager.

That's because on this topic, we do. That is indisputable.

• Like 2

I think there was a bit of mis communication of a message from woffinden to rossiter via the teams interpreter just before the last race about who is the boss and he made no mistake in getting the message through in the final :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I think there was a bit of mis communication of a message from woffinden to rossiter via the teams interpreter just before the last race about who is the boss and he made no mistake in getting the message through in the final :D 

Suspect that there is more than a bit of the truth in that.

6 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

SURE they did and initially tried but too few on here are giving due credit to the Russian pair. 

Wow... 

Our experienced number one rider chased the win, thus handing victory to the Russian pair and we're at fault for not giving Russian team credit.  They got their tactics right, we got ours wrong, so lets ignore that?

12 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

Wow... 

Our experienced number one rider chased the win, thus handing victory to the Russian pair and we're at fault for not giving Russian team credit.  They got their tactics right, we got ours wrong, so lets ignore that?

Did they? Looked to me like Laguta was going flat out for the win until Tai passed him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Did they? Looked to me like Laguta was going flat out for the win until Tai passed him.

Laguta barely looked for Emil all tournament, but that may well have been the agreed tactic...Artem just to get his head down and go off the good gates while Emil worked the traffic. 

Maybe Emil even preferred that his partner didn't try to slow as that would restrict his lines and options...We just don't know. 

What we do know is that they won, so they can probably claim to have the best tactics even if they were no different from the British ones :D

On 6/12/2018 at 8:51 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

WROCLAW was not a BSI promoted event. It was the Rusko family who were the organisers.

The Rusko family were the organiser... of what ?  SWC ?

I think Tai did the right thing in beating his counterpart Artem. It was Lamberts job to do the same with his counterpart Emil.

• Like 1

The bottom line is it was a stupid way to decide who won, if it was not a 5-1 or a 4-2 then the winner of the race should have been the team that won, just as stupid was a warning on the first day carrying on into the second day, they got rid of the joker in the old team event and have replaced it with two jokers. In this weeks Star Rob Painter says, "he wants to see speedway on the back pages of national newspapers and is working very hard to do that"  If that's the case he can count himself lucky that the press currently ignore speedway as the headlines would have been. GREAT BRITIANS SPEEDWAY TEAM FINISH WITH MOST POINTS AND FINISH FIRST IN FINAL BUT LOSE THE COMPETITION." Not a great advert for the sports credibility is it?

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:48 AM, Pinny said:

Behave yourself you clown. 

Lamberts the top EL rider this season so including him as just as a reserve was an insult, he should of been in the main team from the get go with Bewley as reserve. 

Did you understand that or do you need it spelt out better for you as I have noticed on some of your previous posts you seem a bit thick between the ears?

Using him at reserve meant you could use him as many times as you wanted, Bewley does not have experience for this level. 

31 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

The bottom line is it was a stupid way to decide who won, if it was not a 5-1 or a 4-2 then the winner of the race should have been the team that won, just as stupid was a warning on the first day carrying on into the second day, they got rid of the joker in the old team event and have replaced it with two jokers. In this weeks Star Rob Painter says, "he wants to see speedway on the back pages of national newspapers and is working very hard to do that"  If that's the case he can count himself lucky that the press currently ignore speedway as the headlines would have been. GREAT BRITIANS SPEEDWAY TEAM FINISH WITH MOST POINTS AND FINISH FIRST IN FINAL BUT LOSE THE COMPETITION." Not a great advert for the sports credibility is it?

The GB team didn't finish first in the final. The first team to finish was Russia.

Agree with the warnings. Thought that was too harsh.

44 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Great to think that the Red Tops might cover it.
But they'd just go big on GB losing.
And not a very catchy headline for any sports sub-editor to come up with ...

I'd go for

TAI-TANIC ... ICE-COOL RUSKIES SINK BRITS

Edited by Grand Central
  • Haha 1

Yes,i agree.Sports journalists would be used to that because I think both Cycling team and Cross country athletics etc all have to have a certain amount of team members finish in front of the other countries 4 or 5 and the winner of the race doesn't matter...that part isn't unique .In fact they would probably find the idea of one of the team going off on his own to win the race and leaving his team mate(s) to fend for him/themselves, stranger

Edited by iris123
  • Like 3