British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

On 7/18/2018 at 12:52 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

MORE to do with Emil slowing to ensure that Robert had no room to pass up the inside. At no stage was Emil not in charge of the situation. 

Exactly. Hence Lambert needed help. 

What could have been lost? Absolutely nothing.

What could have been gained, even if there was only 1% chance of it happening. A gold medal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Exactly. Hence Lambert needed help. 

What could have been lost? Absolutely nothing.

What could have been gained, even if there was only 1% chance of it happening. A gold medal.

It seems obvious that no one has had a change of mind on this subject even with hindsight.
Usually it does not matter if people have different opinions to me.
But in this case the fact that those actually involved remain totally obvlivious to the mistake they made means they will do the same stupid thing again.

In those circumstances I will be left with only one course of action.
To do "A Trump"
And change my National allegiance to support the Russians.

At least they understand the bloody rules.

13 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

It seems obvious that no one has had a change of mind on this subject even with hindsight.
Usually it does not matter if people have different opinions to me.

In all honesty, this isn't even a case of opinion is it.

You either try to win, or you don't. It's that simple.

• Like 1

After looking for one another in the heats then not in the final when it was absolutely crucial was daft at best, unforgiveable at worst. Why? 

Still completely baffled why anyone thinks Tai shouldnt of tried slowing down Emil to try and get Lambert through. Its a pairs contest ffs.

its more annoying reading people trying to argue against that than the actual Final itself!!!!

if Tai had been passed by Emil as a result, who cares... At least he would of tried to get Lambert through. Better to try and fail than to fail without trying. 

As it stands, imo, the future for team GB looks really good. Woffy should be around for another 5/6 years at his best, Lambert really has come on this season, Bewley SHOULD be at Lamberts level in a couple of years.... thats without all the youngsters coming through.

People rave about Polish prospects and their right to at times, theyve dominated the 4/5 rider team world cups for a while now but on the indivdual stage, barring Gollob in about 2011/12 , they havent produced a world champ in my 20 years of following speedway.